Nigel Jemson (Jemmo)

Another cult figure. Back then there was a real support for him to make it back after his crash. He hardly played in 92/93 but then as Hirst injuries got worse and warhurst got sold he and Watson got a lot more game time and both had good seasons 93/94.

His career , a good career to be fair , could have been different without that crash, a bit more pace and a more athletic refuelling strategy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

The most bizarre recollection I have is TF bringing him on as a sub and then subbing him not long after (No idea when or what game but someone on here will know :rolleyes:

oh yeah, good memory

Not sure if it was a case of job done take a breath now Jemmo, I think it was an injury to another and so the striker is first choice to come off, even though he’s only been on 1 mins

My memory of him is coming out after a game he'd been subbed and ignoring my nephew and about 20 other kids waiting for his autograph who were stood in the pouring rain. Chris Waddle followed him out and spent 30 minutes signing autographs and chatting to the kids...chalk and cheese

59 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

The most bizarre recollection I have is TF bringing him on as a sub and then subbing him not long after (No idea when or what game but someone on here will know :rolleyes:

Norwich away I think.

iirc it was a tactical switch that didn't work, Francis changed it again and apologised to Jemson afterwards. 

• Thanks 1

Yeap, TF alsosaid it was something they did in European football a lot to waste time at the end of a match. I.e. your not really changing things just running the clock down.  Remember it causing a bit of a ruffle at the time but once the wiseman had mentioned the Italian word everyone seemed to be happy with it.