Adthe Nuhiu and Kieran Lee could be staying at SWFC

6 minutes ago, parajack said:

Dave is an 'as well as' not an instead of,yes his wages have to be taken into consideration but they are not at the highest bracket(we are told!!) Another striker will come in hopefully,maybe even CW ,who would be my choice.It is unrealistic however to think we can go through a season with only 2 available strikers,so on that basis Dave would be a useful fallback.

I want someone different to him as back up, I don't rate him one bit, I think he is a terrible player, I think he is lazy and not aggressive enough

38 minutes ago, Ian said:

If you are using examples of the difference he makes as "we didnt lose by as many as we were" then you are surely showing why we need better

You reckon we will be in the market for someone who might have helped us score 6 in that game instead?

46 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Agree. Anyone who wants Wickham back wants their head testing.

Yeah,wouldn't be the first time that's been said about an ex Para....anyway my Psychiatrist says ime improving,!!.Everyone's entitled to their opinion,dont think CW was fully fit myself,during his time with us,& on that basis  would be happy to see a big,strong striker up front.Especially as we are likely to be more direct.People often use the word 'realistic'  but how much do we see of that on OWLSTALK really? .

Top Managers names bandied about,like they are queuing up to come here....Bruce for example,was an alleged fan of the long ball Game(see my previous ref,Chris Turner thread)  yet everyone here was extolling his virtues...

Personally i thought he was past his best.I was wrong.But when Monk goes more direct,the moans come......Cant win it seems with Wednesday fans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

Criminal comments. 

Believe it or not,despite my multiple posts about Dave,I actually agree with some what you say(anyone who has watched him regularly becomes frustrated,especially seeing some of his excellent games).He could be more allegedly aggressive,try harder to improve his in my view abysmal 'heading' & generally be busier.IF he was,he would probably start,& play the 90 minutes instead of being an impact player,if we need him.

Despite this he does prove effective in this role,despite the things we both agree on We may well need him,as an insurance policy.Why not? Why not keep him,go out and bring in your preferred strikers(who will want to be first team regulars) but keep Dave,who doesn't cause trouble,is good in the dressing room,and happy to sit on the bench & do his bit if required?.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It's not 'on owlstalk'

It's everywhere, facebook, twitter, down the pub 

This is true but I never remember it being as bad in the past. It seems to have intensified during the DC years, presumably because expectations have been raised. Just seems such an odd way to support your team.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

You reckon we will be in the market for someone who might have helped us score 6 in that game instead?

No, but just because we aren't in the market for that doesnt mean we should stick with someone that 9/10 turns the result when he came on into the result when he came on

Its a myth that he always changes a game when he comes on

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Well for someone who gives 100% every game, Atty doesn't half improve when contract negotiations are due.

Fool me once shame on you.

Fool me twice shame on me.

This has hit the nail on the head for me. If he played all the time like he does in the last few games of his contract then he is worth keeping as an impact player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian said:

No, but just because we aren't in the market for that doesnt mean we should stick with someone that 9/10 turns the result when he came on into the result when he came on

Its a myth that he always changes a game when he comes on

True words

14 minutes ago, brando said:

True words

So we should therefore be aiming, as a mid-table Championship team no less, for players who "always change a game when they come on"? That's a standard Hirst, Waddle, Di Canio, Carbone and Sheridan couldn't live up to.

Good luck with that.

• Haha 1

As I said, I’m not really questioning their individual abilities, but collectively, if we sign them up, there is little opportunity to strengthen the squad. It was the same when we re-signed Joey, there were valid reasons for doing so, but again it limited scope for a rebuild. If we are looking to bring in Windass, that gives us a 22 man squad, and the only new player would be Fesayo. Would that be acceptable? 
Actually that’s not correct, we’d again have the services of Penney and Van Aken. We do not want to be in the position of having to move players out, before we can bring any more in

• Like 1

5 hours ago, parajack said:

Yeah,wouldn't be the first time that's been said about an ex Para....anyway my Psychiatrist says ime improving,!!.Everyone's entitled to their opinion,dont think CW was fully fit myself,during his time with us,& on that basis  would be happy to see a big,strong striker up front.Especially as we are likely to be more direct.People often use the word 'realistic'  but how much do we see of that on OWLSTALK really? .

Top Managers names bandied about,like they are queuing up to come here....Bruce for example,was an alleged fan of the long ball Game(see my previous ref,Chris Turner thread)  yet everyone here was extolling his virtues...

Personally i thought he was past his best.I was wrong.But when Monk goes more direct,the moans come......Cant win it seems with Wednesday fans.

He hasn’t been fit since 2016