Adthe Nuhiu and Kieran Lee could be staying at SWFC

2 hours ago, GLOwl said:

I know I'll get lots of pelters for this, but, as good a player as he has been for the club, Lee most certainly wasn't excellent when he played in the last 8 games. He was way off the pace, had no snap in his tackles and had little impact on the games. Sorry, but we can get much better for lower wages.

Gets tin hat 👷

2 hours ago, dani_armo said:

will never understand the 'Nuhiu does a job in the last 15 mins' people

surely you want a player to be able to do a job for 90 minutes if picked and also from the bench if you put him on?

what a waste of a wage

Its an 'as well as' not instead of....Doesn't need to be brought on,if not required and the Fletcher's etc,are not tiring,but useful(whilst we had Fletcher & Hooper who were aging & injury prone) etc to take them off,and bring on something different.

Useful to bring on also if we need to maybe long ball it,in an attempt to get an equalizer,or maybe panic a side to give away a penalty.

(or draw people off their markers and give space to others(i wish!!) to maybe score.

Game has been a 12,13,even 14 man game over 90 minutes,for quite some time,with substitutions as often 'tactical' as down to injury,as they once were.

3 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Wow...15K for 15 minutes work a week!

Work? how much 'work' did Foresteri do than for his alleged 40k a week?..OH he didnt stay did he? What about Fletcher for the alleged same..?..Players who were allegedly paid there FULL wages throughout..

3 hours ago, Andrew6666 said:

You're just embarrassing yourself now 😆 with your posts, spelling, grammar, the full house 😆

Your posts are a great advertisement for kids to stay in school 😆

Yes your right,my spelling is poor,perhaps you would cut & paste an example,i will take it up with spellcheck.Grammar,yes probably that too,i was expelled from School age 15.Sometimes i even put letters the wrong way round...WOW that must really mark me as a lightweight in your eyes eh? IN these more 'enlightened' times of Dyslexia,one really does expect more.

If it bothers you that much take it up with Sheffield Hallam,there the ones who awarded me a BA(Hons) in Communication Studies.

YOU however are a lightweight at debate,cant debate a single point i have raised,except to repeatedly accuse me of'ranting' & resort only to personal insult,in every post you make.Try debating the post,and not the person posting it,so far,you have done jack...Disagree with a point i have made,and say why...IF you can..The longer you go on,the bigger fool you luck...or is luk? ah no LOOK..

43 minutes ago, parajack said:

Yes your right,my spelling is poor,perhaps you would cut & paste an example,i will take it up with spellcheck.Grammar,yes probably that too,i was expelled from School age 15.Sometimes i even put letters the wrong way round...WOW that must really mark me as a lightweight in your eyes eh? IN these more 'enlightened' times of Dyslexia,one really does expect more.

If it bothers you that much take it up with Sheffield Hallam,there the ones who awarded me a BA(Hons) in Communication Studies.

YOU however are a lightweight at debate,cant debate a single point i have raised,except to repeatedly accuse me of'ranting' & resort only to personal insult,in every post you make.Try debating the post,and not the person posting it,so far,you have done jack...Disagree with a point i have made,and say why...IF you can..The longer you go on,the bigger fool you luck...or is luk? ah no LOOK..

😆

What are you ranting about now?

You haven't debated anything, you got angry that my opinion didn't match yours.

Am I not allowed a different opinion?

You really are proving to be very desperate and boring. If I say I like Nuhiu and just agree with you can we move on, please?

43 minutes ago, parajack said:

😆

You really are proving to be very desperate and boring. If I say I like Nuhiu and just agree with you can we move on, please?

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd be ok with Lee and Nuhiu staying as squad players but I have to say I agree with this point

So what about this cull that Monk was orchestrating to freshen the squad and make big changes.

So far we have let go the striker that was our best player in the first half of the season and a popular positive influence on the squad, a defender who was one of the few players Monk managed to get a regular decent performance out of and a loan winger who was arguably our best player in 2020.

We have also let go a goalkeeper who never played for us, a midfielder who Monk binned off in January so had no influence around the club for months and a forward who he hardly used anyway. 

If we are considering keeping Lee and Nuhiu then fair enough but it will hardly signal the shake up that has been said Monk is looking for. He will be working with much the same squad plus whoever else we look to bring in so getting rid of the 'deadwood' that continued to hamper him getting results after lock-down wouldn't be happening in this sense would it? Who were the ones that prevented the 'positive vibes' from having any kind of impact in the last 9 games? 

10 hours ago, parajack said:

Really dont understand such comments...would you like him to be running at a tired Wednesday defence at 80 minutes plus,for another Championship side? with us starting -12?...no thanks,We might need those 6 points...On his money,with only 1 recognized striker,it would be good business for us.I still think if he doesnt stay,he will go abroad,but if not,i would be happy for him to stay.

Nuhiu running??????hahaha

10 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

😆

Ime happy to agree,to disagree with you,i enjoy debate,doesn't make me angry.(or frustrated)..at all..YES you are allowed a different opinion,NO you shouldn't change it(because i,or anyone else for that matter disagree) unless the points made in debate persuade you.

You might even enjoy it!! take care WAWAW

Guest Kagoshimaowl
17 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

With a mind set like that, thank f@@@ you aren’t playing for the club. 

We are not “almost certain to go down” - it’s negative nonsense. 

Grow up son. It’s called being a realist. Try it sometime. When we fail it hurts less and if we achieve the miracle (we won’t) then you can celebrate it all!!

Guest wilyfox
7 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

So what about this cull that Monk was orchestrating to freshen the squad and make big changes.

I would think that's delayed a year, somewhat, given the likely impact of deduction on our recruitment. That said, 10 players have already departed. 

I tried to be complimentary about Nuhiu when he was leaving, based on his service and staying until the end of the season, but my enthusiasm for the new season going down the toilet if he re signs. 

I appreciate he has a cult following (think I spelled that right 😀) but he's not a good footballer, predominantly because he can't run, or jump. He's made a career out of half a dozen sub appearances a season, can't carry a senior player on that wage to contribution ratio. 

Edited by striker
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, wilyfox said:

I would think that's delayed a year, somewhat, given the likely impact of deduction on our recruitment. That said, 10 players have already departed. 

That may be true, but given that it has emerged that we also offered Forestieri, Fletcher and Fox new deals, albeit on reduced terms, that suggests we believe they could have had a role to play So who were these players we needed to cull, and was it just a monetary issue? Fair enough, there’s nothing wrong with trying to address our finances, but with virtually everybody offered terms to re-sign, what the hell was Monk’s January outburst about? It wasn’t needed, and totally undermined, what at that point, was looking like a good season. 

4 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Grow up son. It’s called being a realist. Try it sometime. When we fail it hurts less and if we achieve the miracle (we won’t) then you can celebrate it all!!

“Grow up son”

Thanks dad. 

If you are so sure we need a miracle, gives me the odds on us staying up. Got to be long. What 10/1 plus shot as we are almost certain to go down? 

4 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

Fox and Fletcher are good pros who most would want to keep .......on the right money. I thought FF was just offered a short term extension? 

Either way its with those three going that might have persuaded Monk to retain a bit of experience in Nuhiu and Lee especially given their great attitudes. The 12 point deduction might also be a factor?

I still expect to see a significantly younger squad next season and personally I welcome it. 

I hope so, because I’m mindful of the fact that Monk couldn’t get any sort of a tune out the players post Christmas Whoever’s fault that might be, it didn’t work, so a completely fresh start is needed

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

That may be true, but given that it has emerged that we also offered Forestieri, Fletcher and Fox new deals, albeit on reduced terms, that suggests we believe they could have had a role to play So who were these players we needed to cull, and was it just a monetary issue? Fair enough, there’s nothing wrong with trying to address our finances, but with virtually everybody offered terms to re-sign, what the hell was Monk’s January outburst about? It wasn’t needed, and totally undermined, what at that point, was looking like a good season. 

FF declined the extra month. Fox & Fletcher were the ones Monk wanted to keep longer term. I suspect the plan was keep Fletcher and lose Nuhiu. May be the opposite now. 10 already gone, Rhodes & Westwood likely to go. That's a dozen out even if Lee and Nuhiu stay. Still scope for some change. Even if both Rhodes & Nuhiu end up staying, we'd still need another 3 forwards. Gonna be difficult. 

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

FF declined the extra month. Fox & Fletcher were the ones Monk wanted to keep longer term. I suspect the plan was keep Fletcher and lose Nuhiu. May be the opposite now. 10 already gone, Rhodes & Westwood likely to go. That's a dozen out even if Lee and Nuhiu stay. Still scope for some change. Even if both Rhodes & Nuhiu end up staying, we'd still need another 3 forwards. Gonna be difficult. 

It is, and you know I was saying that, even before the points deduction. Irrespective of whether we actually needed a big clear out, and I believe that was an overreaction from the manager to cover his own shortcomings, the damage is now done. Monk couldn’t get a tune out of the squad since Christmas, so let him have his clear out, and see if he fares any better. We were charged in November, so we knew then that there was always the possibility of a points deduction, so was Monk’s big clear out statement wise? Most were saying then that the likes of Nuhiu, Lee and Pelupessy were not good enough, so why row back now? For what it’s worth, I like the new vision of things, and Monk might actually prove that he is actually a capable manager. Most importantly though, I have absolutely no faith in him being able to motivate a squad of players, largely made up of those he previously couldn’t motivate. He has the opportunity for the fresh start he claimed he needed, so please, no rowing back. 
I don’t want to be coming on here in 6 months time, with us floundering at the bottom of the table, and folks saying, well Monk had to take back players he’d rather have got rid of.

Guest wilyfox
34 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It is, and you know I was saying that, even before the points deduction. Irrespective of whether we actually needed a big clear out, and I believe that was an overreaction from the manager to cover his own shortcomings, the damage is now done. Monk couldn’t get a tune out of the squad since Christmas, so let him have his clear out, and see if he fares any better. We were charged in November, so we knew then that there was always the possibility of a points deduction, so was Monk’s big clear out statement wise? Most were saying then that the likes of Nuhiu, Lee and Pelupessy were not good enough, so why row back now? For what it’s worth, I like the new vision of things, and Monk might actually prove that he is actually a capable manager. Most importantly though, I have absolutely no faith in him being able to motivate a squad of players, largely made up of those he previously couldn’t motivate. He has the opportunity for the fresh start he claimed he needed, so please, no rowing back. 
I don’t want to be coming on here in 6 months time, with us floundering at the bottom of the table, and folks saying, well Monk had to take back players he’d rather have got rid of.

I suspect we sunk lower than Monk thought we would. 5 more points and we could have taken the hit this season, drawn a line, and moved on. 2 more wins; that's all was needed. Can't ignore covid impact either since Monk set his stall out. We're now in a position of financial uncertainly and potential difficulty attracting proven quality. You're right, it does hand Monk excuses. But, there's no obvious way to remedy the situation.