Adthe Nuhiu and Kieran Lee could be staying at SWFC

Oddly (probably for most people), I'd keep Nuhiu, always available and does a job. 

We have 1 striker (and its debatable if we can call him that) on the books, we can mitigate the loss of Lee (who has had his injury problems, all be it debatable if as a club we made that worse for him) with hunt, if we want to push him on next year. 

15 hours ago, One De Bilde said:

Good lord. You do realise that they need to want to come here and we need to be able to afford them don't you? 

You need to look at the reasons I listed those players, cheaper wages and better than Lee. Otherwise, it was a good response 😀

16 hours ago, Ian said:

Nuhiu running??????hahaha

Yes,i know!!! its a figure of speech!!  ball must have rebounded off him eh,into the net for the 10 goals he scored this season.same with the three 'assists' for others to score.You know like the old 'Subbuteo' Players..(or are you too young to remember? ha ha)....WAWAW

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

“Grow up son”

Thanks dad. 

If you are so sure we need a miracle, gives me the odds on us staying up. Got to be long. What 10/1 plus shot as we are almost certain to go down? 

Like I said, I hope you are right...you won’t be!  If you are I’ll be over the moon but it still doesn’t give me any motivation at all. All we are playing for is to avoid an almost inevitable relegation. Absolutely crap if you ask me.

27 minutes ago, parajack said:

Yes,i know!!! its a figure of speech!!  ball must have rebounded off him eh,into the net for the 10 goals he scored this season.same with the three 'assists' for others to score.You know like the old 'Subbuteo' Players..(or are you too young to remember? ha ha)....WAWAW

Not too young to remember but possibly too old to remember his 10 goals this season????

6 hours ago, striker said:

I tried to be complimentary about Nuhiu when he was leaving, based on his service and staying until the end of the season, but my enthusiasm for the new season going down the toilet if he re signs. 

I appreciate he has a cult following (think I spelled that right 😀) but he's not a good footballer, predominantly because he can't run, or jump. He's made a career out of half a dozen sub appearances a season, can't carry a senior player on that wage to contribution ratio. 

Spot on,we re sign were going backwards..

• Like 1

Clear out can be a good idea, but only if people are brought in to replace those that leave. Offer them 1 year contracts, on sensible money and if the club is able to bring in other quality players, they can be back up, if the only other players that arrive are those that aren't wanted anywhere else, they'll probably be regular first team players.

1 minute ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

A proportion of fans were indeed saying that Nuhiu, Lee and Pellupessy weren't good enough but many have said otherwise. I'm not sure that there has been a 'rowing back' of policy but perhaps Nuhiu finds a berth because of Fletcher's leaving. Lee and Pellupessy always were possibilities assuming reasonable wages. Pellupessy can do no right in some eyes ... even after an excellent display when he came on v Huddersfield he was still getting panned for THAT performance. I'm sure that we'll see a lower average age in our squad next season so we'll need some experienced heads.

Regarding the drop off in results since Christmas I had to pinch myself that we were third given our performances. Conversely I saw improved style and togetherness post break and felt that the points accrued belied that due to a mixture of poor finishing and individual errors ... the exact opposite of pre-christmas. Just my opinion on what I saw.

I’m not questioning individual players, I never had an issue with them. The squad was capable of a much higher placing. Granted third place was pushing it, but a tilt at the play offs shouldn’t have been beyond us. Anyway, Monk, along with plenty of posters on here, did question them, very public ally stating we needed a clear out. If that clear out, amounts to just Hutchison, Forestieri, Fletcher, Fox, and the rarely used Winnall, then that’s a bit surprising, especially as we wanted to keep two of them. 
If the manager believes we need a complete rebuild, then let’s have one. 

1 minute ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

A proportion of fans were indeed saying that Nuhiu, Lee and Pellupessy weren't good enough but many have said otherwise. I'm not sure that there has been a 'rowing back' of policy but perhaps Nuhiu finds a berth because of Fletcher's leaving. Lee and Pellupessy always were possibilities assuming reasonable wages. Pellupessy can do no right in some eyes ... even after an excellent display when he came on v Huddersfield he was still getting panned for THAT performance. I'm sure that we'll see a lower average age in our squad next season so we'll need some experienced heads.

Regarding the drop off in results since Christmas I had to pinch myself that we were third given our performances. Conversely I saw improved style and togetherness post break and felt that the points accrued belied that due to a mixture of poor finishing and individual errors ... the exact opposite of pre-christmas. Just my opinion on what I saw.

Tend to agree with all that, it was nice been third, but we never looked convincing.  Having said that when we won at Leeds, I thought we played very professionally and that we might have kicked on.

So, our sharp drop is even more baffling.  Since the break which we should have taken more points on the performances and if we can source a few decent forwards then we can be a bit more confident of having a much better season. 

In two minds about Lee and Nuhiu whilst never been a big fan of Nuhiu I can see the benefit of having him on the bench, he can and does make life awkward for the opposition, Lee has played well in parts but not to the same level as a few seasons ago. 

So, is it too much of a risk to keep an ageing player who has a bad injury? Is it good value to have a player just for an impact sub? 

Pelupessy whilst not as bad as some make should be the very lower scale of playing ability we can drop to.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

That's fair enough. I'm just a little more conservative. For me we needed to cull certain elements and I suspect this has been/is being done amongst which being the huge earners. I'm sure that wage heavyweights Rhodes and Westwood will be gone if that can be managed too.

The general consensus on here IIRC last summer was that mid-table was likely our mark. That was my view too but again, opinions differ.

If we accept that we slightly overachieved in the first half of the season, an average points haul post Christmas would have seen us there or thereabouts. Had we kept Hutch involved, or replaced him in the window, then that would have been achievable I feel. 
Half a dozen players coming to the end of their shelf life, is not uncommon, and needn’t have been handled in such a ham fisted way A more savvy manager would not have spoken about big clear outs, with so much still to play for, and definitely in such a public way. It was petty in the extreme. 
However, what’s done is done, now the manager can clear the decks and reboot the squad in his own image. I may not have agreed with him in doing it that way, but having done it, I’d have more respect for him now if he would complete the process 

12 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

I see it differently to you however the future will be the arbiter.

Looking forward I hope that people are realistic for next season where for me survival will by and large represent success. I do hope though that we look to be more entertaining than for the last few seasons (bar one). 

I would settle for that

3 hours ago, parajack said:

Stats are there to see...have  a look....have a look too how many were 90 mins or over

Had a look and they still aren’t there...help me out and list the 10 teams he scored against 

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Had a look and they still aren’t there...help me out and list the 10 teams he scored against 

Ime not your *****,if you cant be bothered to look fine,course,you could read the thread instead....match stats already

posted,and referenced.... what ? 5 pages back?....

1 hour ago, Ian said:

I see what you have done,but couldn't edit my  first response in time..Wouldn' it have been easier to say 1 of the goals listed was for his National team, nine Championship,Cup, & friendlies goals..? (still more  than JR on less game time).Wouldnt it just have been easier to point it out?  Say you have got it wrong..?.still,its made you feel a bit superior for 5 minutes eh?,,,Yeah i misread the stats chart....I had a quick look,and posted.....Ime not giving evidence in Court,ime posting on a Forum....

9 hours ago, parajack said:

I see what you have done,but couldn't edit my  first response in time..Wouldn' it have been easier to say 1 of the goals listed was for his National team, nine Championship,Cup, & friendlies goals..? (still more  than JR on less game time).Wouldnt it just have been easier to point it out?  Say you have got it wrong..?.still,its made you feel a bit superior for 5 minutes eh?,,,Yeah i misread the stats chart....I had a quick look,and posted.....Ime not giving evidence in Court,ime posting on a Forum....

You’re getting closer to the truth......keep going and you might get there eventually....probably worth cutting out all the ‘chat’ until you are a bit closer to the facts though 

If both would take reduced salaries with a view to being bit part players for us it could make sense with out current plight /situation. If we're going to sign younger players with a viw to them improving then both Lee and Nuhiu have the sort of work ethic and professional attitude you want to try to instil good role models. 

• Like 1