Adthe Nuhiu and Kieran Lee could be staying at SWFC

6 hours ago, Beholder said:

Happy enough for them both to stay.

Nuhiu is a great option for any manager at this level to do a particular job.

And Lee was excellent (when he played) in the last 8 games. 

I know I'll get lots of pelters for this, but, as good a player as he has been for the club, Lee most certainly wasn't excellent when he played in the last 8 games. He was way off the pace, had no snap in his tackles and had little impact on the games. Sorry, but we can get much better for lower wages.

Gets tin hat 👷

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

I know I'll get lots of pelters for this, but, as good a player as he has been for the club, Lee most certainly wasn't excellent when he played in the last 8 games. He was way off the pace, had no snap in his tackles and had little impact on the games. Sorry, but we can get much better for lower wages.

Gets tin hat 👷

Sadly I agree. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dani_armo said:

will never understand the 'Nuhiu does a job in the last 15 mins' people

surely you want a player to be able to do a job for 90 minutes if picked and also from the bench if you put him on?

what a waste of a wage

Inclined to agree. He is on/was on 14k a week according to reports. Now if he worked at Aldi full time, and worked a couple of hours for us at the weekend on Minimum Wage, fair enough - but 14k for 15 minutes?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew6666 said:

Crouch or Nuhiu - really?

Nuhiu gives away endless free kicks - giving possession back to our opponents. Also towards the end of the game when he makes his 10 minute cameo, funnily enough this is when we seem to concede. Maybe he doesn't close out a tight game?

If his hold up play was good, we would win free kicks and retain the ball in the opposition half relieving pressure on our 

Edited by runningaround
I can’t not finished post

Since my server isn’t working well abroad I will answer the 2 comments. 

1. crouch isn’t our payer and there wasn’t a direct comparison made it was the jumping and heading ability of two 6ft 4 plus frontmen who maybe we assume should dominate aerial duels. Didn’t at all say they are comparable as footballers ability wise. 

2. He actually slows the play, wins set pieces and gets late goals. But he shouldn’t start. On a lower wage a very useful squad player. It’s down to him if he wants regular starts and if so he can’t get here as it stands. Never let us down tbh there have been a lot who have on much bigger wages and salary such as Rhodes.

50 minutes ago, dani_armo said:

will never understand the 'Nuhiu does a job in the last 15 mins' people

surely you want a player to be able to do a job for 90 minutes if picked and also from the bench if you put him on?

what a waste of a wage

He has had history of scoring when starting too. But he has been effective at changing the game when off the bench.

Wouldnt keep him if we were looking to kick on for promotion but in the scrap we find ourself I think he’d be useful

1 hour ago, GLOwl said:

Gets tin hat 👷

We won't be playing a game every four days when the league starts so he'll get time to recover properly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GLOwl said:

Gets tin hat 👷

Who?

I wouldn't be too bothered either way TBH. Lee is a tremendous professional and could be a more than useful mentor for the youngsters but the schedule for next season will be intense. Remember you're trying to fit a 46 game season into 8 months rather than 10. So the thought of getting even 25 games out of him is optimistic to say the least?

As for Nuhiu, he's a bench player now more than ever. Hasn't effected a game when he's started for quite a while. Personally I think now is the right time for him to bow out on 50 goals but given the current situation he would be more than useful for his experience more than anything but I would like us to freshen up the forward department if possible?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

As usual many Owls fans are living in cloud cuckoo land. We will attract NOBODY decent as we are almost certain to go down. If these two want to stay, as long as it’s on reduced terms, we need to be biting their hands off and doing the deals.

Why would they want to stay if we are certs to go down ?

Why do you think they would accept reduced terms ?

Perhaps you don't rate them either !

8 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

We are going to struggle to attract players with a 12 point deduction and need to recruit around 7/8 players within the next 6 weeks.

Beggars can’t be choosers and at least when the likes of Forestieri, Fox and Fletcher couldn’t get out of the door quick enough when their contracts expired, these 2 put pen to paper and committed to the club for the remainder of the season.

We could do a lot worse than offering both new deals.

Probably got paid around 60k apiece for a months work 

I’m torn on Lee. Midfield places are at a premium if we include Shaw and Hunt we have them plus Bannan Linton and Pelupessy and FDB so that is six players for 2/3 positions.

We do need maybe more than that over a season and someone with lee’s experience and attitude/work rate would be valuable for the squad. But if it was taking the place of let’s say Jackson Irvine or Izzy Brown it could be the wrong move in the medium term.

Im not the biggest fan of Nuhiu.  But given the options we have if we can get him on a reduced contract then worth an extra one year, but only one year at 31 not like he is going to get better but think the big man gives us an option off the bench.

Lee again if we can get him on the cheap we are unlikely to get a squad player like lee for the kind of money we could get lee for so worth another year.

• Like 1