Adthe Nuhiu and Kieran Lee could be staying at SWFC

51 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

I repeat, swift may come here, who knows what his options and demands are?

I'm not "categorically" stating that any of them are on less than Lee. I was saying they could be, and I reckon Woods and swift probably are.

I've just look at woods stats, and I'm not talking utter nonsense. He is a championship ever present for the last 5 years.

Debate by all means, but cut out the aggressive words and comments, they're not welcome.

You categorically stated Swift, Clucas and Woods as better and cheaper, not could be cheaper.

Woods has played 53 of the last 96 Championship games in the past two seasons.

Your argument has feet of clay.

Lee can’t possibly be expected to play more than 2000 minutes - ie less than 1/2 the season. That means we need to buy or loan someone his equal.

2 x Lee = £30kpw

I’d rather we spend £30kpw on ONE younger, healthier player who is likely to play 40/46 games.

Edited by Holmowl
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, 1/10/1983 said:

You categorically stated Swift, Clucas and Woods as better and cheaper, not could be cheaper.

Woods has played 53 of the last 96 Championship games in the past two seasons.

Your argument has feet of clay.

Hahahaha, last 5 seasons is just that, not 2.

All those 3 players in my opinion are better and probably all 3 cheaper. Of course, we can't objectively be sure as we don't know their salaries.

Thanks for the constructive feedback though, appreciated.

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Lee can’t possibly be expected to play more than 2000 minutes - ie less than 1/2 the season. That means we need to buy or loan someone his equal.

2 x Lee = £30kpw

I’d rather we spend £30kpw on ONE younger, healthier player who is likely to play 40/46 games.

Do you think that’s the role earmarked for Fesayo? He is described as a box to box player

7 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Do you think that’s the role earmarked for Fesayo? He is described as a box to box player

I don’t know the first thing about him.

Your question pre-supposes that we have a joined-up plan.

24 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I don’t know the first thing about him.

Your question pre-supposes that we have a joined-up plan.

Er, well yes. I’m rather hoping there is one, because unless the manager has sold one to the chairman, surely he would have been sacked by now, on results alone.

10 hours ago, EXCALIBUR said:

Us keeping him

Hopefully both gone and start again, its been needed for a long time a clear out

10 hours ago, EXCALIBUR said:

Us keeping him

Hopefully both gone and start again, its been needed for a long time a clear out

10 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

If we signed Nuhiu I am going to bump the Nuhiu thread and quote everyone that was 'sad' to see him go that said he 'worked hard' and point out they have themselves to blame for tempting fate

10 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

If we signed Nuhiu I am going to bump the Nuhiu thread and quote everyone that was 'sad' to see him go that said he 'worked hard' and point out they have themselves to blame for tempting fate

It cant happen all at once though mate!!!!  Cant you see that Rhodes cant play as a lone striker role?..Personally i wouldn't play him at all,but under the present circumstances & Monks likely 3/5/2,in the absence of signing another reliable front man,Dave & JR might be as good as it gets....This season is about avoiding relegation form in the first 23,& trying for a late play off push,in the second.

OR it could be a season long battle against relegation,and a push for lower mid table obscurity...I personally think its a 5 Season job,to turn this Club around for a push for promotion.

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

It cant happen all at once though mate!!!!  Cant you see that Rhodes cant play as a lone striker role?..Personally i wouldn't play him at all,but under the present circumstances & Monks likely 3/5/2,in the absence of signing another reliable front man,Dave & JR might be as good as it gets....This season is about avoiding relegation form in the first 23,& trying for a late play off push,in the second.

OR it could be a season long battle against relegation,and a push for lower mid table obscurity...I personally think its a 5 Season job,to turn this Club around for a push for promotion.

Nuhiu can't play the lone striker role he is totally abysmal at it and puts us under more pressure as he is incapable of holding the ball up. Been tried countless times, failed at it almost everyone. He has been a faithful servant I can't deny that but needs to be moved on along with KL. If he was on the £14k a week that has been mentioned on here I'm afraid he has stolen a wage for the past 7 years along with countless others in the squad

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, parajack said:

There are plenty of alternatives I would rather take a punt on than Nuhiu

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Nuhiu can't play the lone striker role he is totally abysmal at it and puts us under more pressure as he is incapable of holding the ball up. Been tried countless times, failed at it almost everyone. He has been a faithful servant I can't deny that but needs to be moved on along with KL. If he was on the £14k a week that has been mentioned on here I'm afraid he has stolen a wage for the past 7 years along with countless others in the squad

I agree, not what is needed to take us forward, very limited in what he offers. 

Not sure he's stole a wage though, I'm certainly no fan, but to his credit, always been prepared to play and put the effort in. The problem is he's paid as a professional althlete/sportsman, but cant run. 

He can be mildly effective half a dozen times a year putting him in the box to bounce balls off late on, but time to move on. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

I think mildly effective half a dozen times a year understates it personally. Made a huge difference when he came on against Fulham in our penultimate game for example. Pity about the defence though!

He is what he is, can be very bad, very good but mostly a handy sub for the last 20 minutes both defensively and to ruffle the feathers of tiring defenders. His attitude and popularity in the squad are bonuses. 

Given that we have limited time to bring our numbers up to par; both he and Lee are keeps for me subject to sensible terms.

If you are using examples of the difference he makes as "we didnt lose by as many as we were" then you are surely showing why we need better

1 hour ago, striker said:

Not sure he's stole a wage though, I'm certainly no fan, but to his credit, always been prepared to play and put the effort in. 

Quite. What is this obsession on owlstalk about claiming all our players are stealing a wage. It seems to be thrown around constantly, even at those who always give their all and try their best.

Sure we all know Nuhiu has his limitations but to my knowledge hes never been anything but professional and always gives 100%.

It the club see fit to keep giving him contracts they clearly think hes worth the money. Hes certainly not stealing a wage.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

There are plenty of alternatives I would rather take a punt on than Nuhiu

Dave is an 'as well as' not an instead of,yes his wages have to be taken into consideration but they are not at the highest bracket(we are told!!) Another striker will come in hopefully,maybe even CW ,who would be my choice.It is unrealistic however to think we can go through a season with only 2 available strikers,so on that basis Dave would be a useful fallback.