Adthe Nuhiu and Kieran Lee could be staying at SWFC

Attey is a big personality for our club like Semedo was he’s also a unique player that can be very effective. One that’s a great squad player even though many on here will always look for a reason to have a pop at him 

I’d keep him would love him to get a testimonial for us 

Attey is Mr Sheffield Wednesday he’s like our adopted foreign exchange son 

having him around the place will do more good than bad. Players and staff respect him and like him. And he’s a great lad and personality 

yes from me 

Lee is an honest pro given us some great times my gut feeling says we now need to improve and I say that with greatest respect he’s just not that effective anymore. If he signs I wish him well for a strong pre season but my gut says we’ve moved on to a different style of play signing the young athletic physical box to box 

rather Than the technical box to box 

squad player though..... maybe I wouldn’t be against it just think -12 we need to be more hungry 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Attey is a big personality for our club like Semedo was he’s also a unique player that can be very effective. One that’s a great squad player even though many on here will always look for a reason to have a pop at him 

I’d keep him would love him to get a testimonial for us 

Attey is Mr Sheffield Wednesday he’s like our adopted foreign exchange son 

having him around the place will do more good than bad. Players and staff respect him and like him. And he’s a great lad and personality 

yes from me 

Lee is an honest pro given us some great times my gut feeling says we now need to improve and I say that with greatest respect he’s just not that effective anymore. If he signs I wish him well for a strong pre season but my gut says we’ve moved on to a different style of play signing the young athletic physical box to box 

rather Than the technical box to box 

squad player though..... maybe I wouldn’t be against it just think -12 we need to be more hungry 

I agree with most of this. Lee will sign again but it will be purely as a squad player and even though it’s understandably hard for a lot of us to take that in due to his past importance to the cause, unfortunately this is now where he is. That said he could be crucial in helping Hunt, FDB and Shaw along?

Nuhiu does have a bit of the Semedo/Loovens vibe in that he’ll be very much missed in the dressing room but I just feel the time is right for him to have a new challenge? Definitely in the Semedo, Buxton, Reds, JJ, Tudgay group of players who you wouldn’t class as legends but players who have put in a very good shift for the club?

On 04/08/2020 at 12:43, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Bizarre that everyone saying we need a clear out, get rid of the dead wood etc are now saying we should re sign these two.

K. Lee was a great player a few years ago,  but unfortunately injuries have taken their toll.

AN has been one of the biggest lumps of deadwood hanging around the club for 7 years.  When he starts games we rarely win.

Time to move on, we can't afford to waste a million pounds a year in wages (if both on 10K a week) on a player who is going to be out injured half the season and one who is only good for the last 10-15 mins of a game occasionally. I suspec
t the only reason they would want to sign a new one year deal with us is because they can't find another club.

the highlighted point just isn't true, they have both been here a long time and love playing for Wednesday so makes it hard to leave but they both have other offers from home and abroad

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dkenyonqfc2 said:

the highlighted point just isn't true, they have both been here a long time and love playing for Wednesday so makes it hard to leave but they both have other offers from home and abroad

It doesn't sound like we've offered Nuhiu a new contract if today's Star story is to be believed.

Have we definitely offered Lee a new deal? Any idea which way the wind is blowing on that one?

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It doesn't sound like we've offered Nuhiu a new contract if today's Star story is to be believed.

Have we definitely offered Lee a new deal? Any idea which way the wind is blowing on that one?

can't go into details yet but there was some sort of offer from the club to them both

• Like 1

I'm sorry both players have been great servants to the club but we need new blood we need to move on and get fresh players in.  Stop hanging on to players that were ok but actually there are better out there even at cut price.