Gary Monk

Guest The Claw

12 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I'm struggling?

You haven't put one coherent argument together as to why Monk should stay.

The only argument I’ve seen for him

staying is ‘we can’t keep changing the manager’. Well if we appointed a decent one (yes we did in Bruce, and yes a decent one would still come) we wouldn’t have to keep changing. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

The only argument I’ve seen for him

staying is ‘we can’t keep changing the manager’. Well if we appointed a decent one (yes we did in Bruce, and yes a decent one would still come) we wouldn’t have to keep changing. 

what choices did we have at the time. Dont recall us having a load to pick from

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Nope not at all - can’t find one coherent argument as to why Monk should stay apart from my one mentioned above. 

id have no quibbles changing Monk if you could guarantee the next one would get us promoted. As it stands we have no idea if the next one would do any better

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

if we appointed a decent one (yes we did in Bruce, and yes a decent one would still come) we wouldn’t have to keep changing. 

1) We appointed Bruce

2) Here's a CV for you.. Managed in the Premier League, Managed in Europe, Managed to save a team from getting relegated despite a 9 point deduction.

I think YOU would have hired someone with that CV

Stop pretending otherwise to try and win a debate - it's poor form

Owlstalk Shop

No one is saying Monk was dealt an easy hand, it’s just obvious that since Christmas he hasn’t played his cards right. Falling out with players, picking the wrong team, not managing games with subs etc Nothing against the guy - he’s not the first to find managing Wednesday is too much but his record in 2020 augurs badly for overhauling a points deduction and surviving next year in the Championship. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

1) We appointed Bruce

2) Here's a CV for you.. Managed in the Premier League, Managed in Europe, Managed to save a team from getting relegated despite a 9 point deduction.

Poor form?

Just because he's managed in the Premier league and Europe doesn't make him a good manager!

Craig Shakespere has managed in the Premier league and Champions League! Would you hire him!

Monk has achieved nothing in his managerial career! No promotions, no trophies no play off campaigns! 

You really need to stop clutching at straws!

On 04/08/2020 at 08:09, 0114 said:

He’s got an impossible job for me.

Having to replace 7/8 players in 5/6 weeks with a points deduction, no financial backing, none of his backroom staff and the supporters on your back.

Fair play if he can but I’m really struggling to

be optimistic about next season. 

Adversity will either do two things to a person. You either sink without trace and drown under the pressure of a situation, or summon the depths of willpower and grit and rise out of it. 

Personally from what I've seen and heard of monk I'm not sure he's got it in him to survive even with D. Cs track record for not replacing managers I'm not hopeful hell survive past the dreaded chrimbo week. 

41 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Genuine question has it been confirmed that he isn't allowed any coaching staff?

I know he wanted to bring in Beattie and couldn't. But Monk himself said it wasn't because of money.

In my mind extra coaching staff is essential especially if we are having to organise a large group of new players

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sacré bleu said:

In my mind extra coaching staff is essential especially if we are having to organise a large group of new players

Agree, just as playing staff need freshening up, so do coaching staff.

Lets face it, we can't make the argument that the current staff have been successful. A new face, new ideas to add value would be beneficial.

• Like 1

Guest paulvcooke
31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

1) We appointed Bruce

Stop having your own opinions people, tow the owlstalk line......shocking.

Just now, paulvcooke said:

Stop having your own opinions people, tow the owlstalk line......shocking.

Think you're a bit confused mate

Nobody's said you can't have your own opinions, and people are posting theirs and I'm posting mine

The only shocking thing about that is your grasp of it

lol

Owlstalk Shop

23 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Just because he's managed in the Premier league and Europe doesn't make him a good manager!

Aye alreyt

Makes you wonder why the Premier League teams appoint good managers then eh?

And why only the best managers are considered good enough to manage there.

And why all managers aspire to be good enough to manage there.

You're really not just struggling now but you've resorted to some weird kind of wanting to revise how everything in football works 

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Guest paulvcooke
10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Aye alreyt

You're really not just struggling now but you've resorted to some weird kind of wanting to revise how everything in football works 

lol

Thank you for your (and Sid's) concern, but I'm not confused at all. Maybe you are the one confused, your barrel scraping continued defence on Monk seems to suggest that.

Monk has not been a Premier League manager since 2015, do you think he'll be one again anytime soon?

Or manage in Europe again anytime soon? Genuine questions.

Edited by paulvcooke
typo

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Aye alreyt

lol

If he was a good manager then why did he get sacked?