Gary Monk

Guest The Claw

Guest paulvcooke
Just now, @owlstalk said:

So now you're trying to deny Garry Monk saved a club from relegation that had a 9 point deduction because of the 'handling of the case'?

Aye...

ALREYT

Get back to bed you lunatic

That's uncalled for.

Guest paulvcooke
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Not as a percentage of all football managers

Let's not be silly now

OK then, well let's not be silly and assume that just because a manager once had a job in the Premier League he's a good manager (which you seem to be doing). Many have managed there, failed and never returned (sound familiar?).

Monk has not been a Premier League manager since 2015, do you think he'll be one again anytime soon?

Or manage in Europe again anytime soon? Genuine questions.

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So now you're trying to deny Garry Monk saved a club from relegation that had a 9 point deduction because of the 'handling of the case'?

Aye...

ALREYT

lol

No just that after they got their points deduction they didn't need any points to stay up Bolton finished 22nd on 40 points with a minus 31 goal difference

So after 38 games Birmingham were safe

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47667742

The handling of the two case was completely different too.

Guest paulvcooke

I don't HAVE an agenda

You do, you are defending him at all costs, belittling people who disagree with you with slurs against their mental health. It's not a good look. 

As and aside, is there anyway to put you on ignore? Can do it with others, just not you.

Aye...

ALREYT

Can you please explain how a midtable club having a points deduction which put them to lower midtable, and still had enough points to finish 12 points above the drop despite only winning 2 of the last 12 games makes "saving them from relegation" some sort of achievement?   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, paulvcooke said:

just because a manager once had a job in the Premier League he's a good manager

Makes you wonder why managers who have managed in the Premier League have been given that opportunity because they're deemed better than other managers out there doesn't it?m

That's like saying 'just because a driver has driven in Formula One doesn't mean they're a good driver'

Errrr yes. 

Yes actually

It does.

Owlstalk Shop

15 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Promotions 0 Fact

Playoff campaigns 0 Fact

Swansea Sacked Fact

Middlesbrough Sacked Fact

Birmingham Sacked Fact.

See I can do facts too!

Anyone can do facts...here's mine...Garry Monk is our manager for the next season whether you like it or not FACT lol

• Love 2

2 minutes ago, paulvcooke said:

OK then, well let's not be silly and assume that just because a manager once had a job in the Premier League he's a good manager (which you seem to be doing). Many have managed there, failed and never returned (sound familiar?).

Monk has not been a Premier League manager since 2015, do you think he'll be one again anytime soon?

Presumably Neil also loves and defends Jordan Rhodes, his stock was high 5 years ago before plummeting as well. 

Guest paulvcooke
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Makes you wonder why managers who have managed in the Premier League have been given that opportunity because they're deemed better than other managers out there doesn't it?m

That's like saying 'just because a driver has driven in Formula One doesn't mean they're a good driver'

Errrr yes. 

Yes actually

It does.

Do you genuinely believe that is a good analogy?

Guest paulvcooke

I could apply it to any elite job/role in life 

You don't do direct answers do you?

Guest paulvcooke

I literally just answered you

Sorry you're struggling with the concept 

I'm out of this, you are not answering direct questions, you have made a nasty comment about someone being a lunatic, I suspect you are just doing this to generate traffic.

I've asked you the same questions three times, you don't want to or can't answer them.

I'll ask my questions again one last time.

And, is it possible to put you on ignore?

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Put together what rules managers out of the Wednesday job in your eyes

You know

Like having been sacked before etc

Let's see if we can identify the best manager to replace Monk using your criteria

Somebody who knows how to be successful.

Like Bruce, Jokanovic or Hughton who have promotions on their CV.

Or someone like Paul Cook who has had success in the lower leagues, Chesterfield Promotion, Portsmouth League Two title, Wigan League on title.

I dont think the time is right for a first job for someone, I dont think we can do what Rangers did by getting Gerrard or Derby getting in Lampard a big name player looking for their first job!

Your obviously not going to get a manager that hasn't been sacked, but I dont want a manager that has had no success at 4 clubs and been sacked at 3 of them!

• Like 2