Paul Cook

23 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Not sure about that Barmy. I thought Monk would be sacked if we were staying in the Championship. For me, the reason he is still here is because DC doesn’t know what league we are in next season. If we are in L1 he will probably give him a chance. If we stay in the Championship, he will be gone - he has to be. 

Why would you keep a bad manager because we are in league 1 but not in the championship, a bad manager is a bad manager

Apart from which, we know what league we wil be in next season already, the same league as this season

Edited by the third man
  • Like 1

Very interesting thought from Catdog1121 in that Monk may only have half a season in him before people realise that he is the Emperor's Clothes.

This would explain things going wrong after a time at Swansea,  the "Leed. Leeds are falling apart" collapse and the half season at Boro where he fell out with everybody and was fired by Xmas.

I think Monk is probably not a good manager - certainly not at Championship level. I just feel that if we were to go down, DC would feel that he’s not really had a chance to form his own squad and would probably give him until Christmas. If we stay up, I think DC won’t take the chance, particularly if we have to start with a deduction. Do I really think we might be going down? I wouldn’t bet either way on the outcome. 

13 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

I think Monk is probably not a good manager - certainly not at Championship level. I just feel that if we were to go down, DC would feel that he’s not really had a chance to form his own squad and would probably give him until Christmas. If we stay up, I think DC won’t take the chance, particularly if we have to start with a deduction. Do I really think we might be going down? I wouldn’t bet either way on the outcome. 

DC if anything is too loyal. 

21 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Imagine if Monk's last 23 games had been his first 23 games and we were cut adrift at the bottom of the table staring relegation in the face. The club would have to make a change to try and get a bounce going given they'd want to stay up.

This.....

If we carry on in the same vein as the rest of 2020 for the first half of next season and gain only 17 points, we would need a miracle to stay up.

The thing is can we see  anything improving.

On last seasons restart many on here were saying the break will have done us good. Monk will have had more time to sort things, put his ideas into place, bed his January signings in properly etc.

Instead since the restart it was just more of the same. OK two decent away wins but no wins in 5 home matches and 8 points from 9 games.

Even if we don't get a points reduction from the EFL, IMO going into next season with Monk in charge would be like starting with a -21 point handicap anyway.

• Like 1

If our season was reversed. As discussed so we had a crap first half but a good second. I would be thinking ok he looks like he’s turning it around. Give him a bit more time. That it started well and went down hill ( which seems to be a pattern) leaves me worried that we are heading in the wrong direction and I think our chairman has a history of allowing such slides to continue too long. Both Carlos and Jo’s should have been sacked earlier. 

19 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Both Carlos and Jo’s should have been sacked earlier. 

How much earlier for Jos....Oct 18th  we were in a play off spot 2 months later he was sacked   ....very harsh to sack someone  for having a poor month .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

This.....

If we carry on in the same vein as the rest of 2020 for the first half of next season and gain only 17 points, we would need a miracle to stay up.

The thing is can we see  anything improving.

On last seasons restart many on here were saying the break will have done us good. Monk will have had more time to sort things, put his ideas into place, bed his January signings in properly etc.

Instead since the restart it was just more of the same. OK two decent away wins but no wins in 5 home matches and 8 points from 9 games.

Even if we don't get a points reduction from the EFL, IMO going into next season with Monk in charge would be like starting with a -21 point handicap anyway.

I tend to agree that starting in League One with a zero points deduction DC may just feel that Monk should stay on.

But in the Championship with a points deduction plus Monk's dreadful managment and results we would be sunk by November.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

I tend to agree that starting in League One with a zero points deduction DC may just feel that Monk should stay on.

But in the Championship with a points deduction plus Monk's dreadful managment and results we would be sunk by November.

We will starting the championship next season, with or without a points deduction, so lets give ourselves the best chance we can and get rid of Monk

Guest mrbluesky
8 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Does anybody really, I mean really believe we'll be in League One next season ? 

Season after, yeah 

On 29/07/2020 at 10:41, bladeshater said:

I know a fair few who wouldn't go on this forum still back him remember posters on here do not even represent 1% of our fanbase

And there's only about 1% of posters on here who could find their way to Hillsborough. 

• Thanks 1

Guest wilyfox

DC: “Hey Paul, ya know that deduction you’ve just had that puts relegation on your CV, wanna come to Wednesday and experience that all over again?”