Iorfa-Bannan and next season-

I'd like to see Bannan allowed to play the deep (selective) short passing role again.

In the EPL, that role is revered - In the EFL that role is jeered 

Unfortunately we don't possession football anymore. 

9 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Dint realise it was that easy...  Better get Hms ptl ancour lifted WTF:

Oh its not easy but if you employ the right people and give them the resources to do the job then it improves your chances. The likes of Brentford & even Peterborough seem to have done a decent job in recent times with their recruitment.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
2 hours ago, james o connor said:

Bannan has been here too long . He’s stale and is less effective with worse players around him. He looks like he needs a change too 

Bannan is the only long-termer here I'd still make a case for. Never been a goal-scorer, but he's still doing the things he's always done for us. The point you make 'less effective with worse players around him' is valid. People expect too much of him now. 4yrs ago he had Hooper, FF, Lee, and Wallace at their best in the team with him. Now he's expected to run the show playing with lesser crap. 

I don’t get why we would want to replace our best players, unless we are relegated. Bannan and Iorfa, and Reach for that matter can’t go to League 1 for us. That to me tells me they are our best players. If we stay in the Championship we may as well sell Reach if we aren’t going to play him. It says much for how far we have fallen that all of our other players wouldn’t look out of place in League 1. So surely if we stay in the Championship it is the weaker players we should look to change. Bannan must feel unloved at the moment as all the better players are gone. He is always available and is key to pretty much all of our better performances, and he can play a variety of roles within the midfield. We should offer him a good contract. He is good, it might be difficult to persuade him that we are his best option, it seems strange that some feel he may not be good enough for us. Decision time is if he refuses a good contract offer. Let’s look to move out the poorer players first.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Oh its not easy but if you employ the right people and give them the resources to do the job then it improves your chances. The likes of Brentford & even Peterborough seem to have done a decent job in recent times with their recruitment.

The problem is big prem teams are willing to spend what is a big fee to us is nominal to them on potential only. 

3 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

We need to replace Bannan not build a team around him. We need to look for a player that can pass, tackle, defend, attack and challenge in the air. That's how central midfielders used to be.

This for me! We can’t afford the luxury of such a one dimensional player, we need a more competitive, combative all rounder in there. I get that they won’t likely have the passing capability of Bannan but I’d be hopeful that they’d make up for that in every other aspect you’d expect from a central midfield player; tackling, marking, competing for headers, shooting....

His assists alone arn’t enough to warrant building a team around him. Considering he takes majority of set pieces, the fact he has less assists/minute than Reach, who’s had his worst season for us is embarrassing. 

• Like 2

Guest LondonOwl313

These are our two best players and they should only be leaving if we can get a good fee that allows us to reinvest

The amount of times Bannan gives the ball away is crazy, look at Fulham's first goal, we had possession,  he tried a stupid cross field pass that went out for a throw in,  they went and scored, if Pelupessy did that pass people would be going mental about it, but Bannan did it, so we'll let it go. 

• Love 1

From some of the posts on here, it seems we haven’t quite got the hang of this transfer wheeling and dealing thing.  These are the only 2 players we have who might attract buyers at a decent price (plus possibly a Reach if they haven’t been watching too carefully this season).  We must be open to offers, no one is indispensable and whilst these two are good players, they’re not good enough as individuals to build a team around.

Whenever I read talk about moving players on, I'm comforted by the club's track record in having always replaced players with better ones. We're really good at it.

It's why we've gone from strength to strength over the past 25 years.

It's also why I'm delighted by the idea of moving Bannan on because you just know that with DC's decision-making acumen and Monk's track-record in bringing in top talent to clubs, we'll replace him with an absolutely fantastic player.

5 hours ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

Bannan has been great for us but he’s finished

His long wafty passes and wafty freekicks and corners are like a child kicking a beach ball on a school field. 

No goal threat and assists have dried up (see above)

Not powerful enough

You're not a fan of his then? 😂

Totally agree on his free kicks and corners, so so frustrating. However, he's not finished, far from it. We need to keep him as his attitude and impact on a game are brilliant and if we want to move up the division he can be a big part of that.

2 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

From some of the posts on here, it seems we haven’t quite got the hang of this transfer wheeling and dealing thing.  These are the only 2 players we have who might attract buyers at a decent price (plus possibly a Reach if they haven’t been watching too carefully this season).  We must be open to offers, no one is indispensable and whilst these two are good players, they’re not good enough as individuals to build a team around.

All players will have their price, but those two players are clearly a cut above the rest. Reach offers little, so is probably less indispensable Realistically though, with the squad cut to bare bones, we can’t afford to let our better players leave

5 hours ago, Kameron said:

Bannan needs to go, he’s a major part of the comfort zone failures.  That’s for his efforts but it’s time for him to move on.

Totally agree, heartlily sick of the floaty, flappy littlefucker.

He’s become his own hairstyle as a player.

Cash in!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1