Iorfa-Bannan and next season-

We have a big enough rebuilding job as it is without losing iorfa and Bannan. We probably need to bring in 8 or 9 players as it is.

Im sure we will want to get Rhodes and Westwood out of the door but this will be extremely difficult. I think we will be open to offers for reach but given his form this season, there are not likely to be any takers. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

We have a big enough rebuilding job as it is without losing iorfa and Bannan. We probably need to bring in 8 or 9 players as it is.

Im sure we will want to get Rhodes and Westwood out of the door but this will be extremely difficult. I think we will be open to offers for reach but given his form this season, there are not likely to be any takers. 

Perhaps we can be a bit creative, and look for some sort of swap deal All the big clubs seem to be looking at those sort of deals The biggest issue is, how are we going to assemble a group of strikers on little or no budget. When clubs are quoting 10m for a decent league one striker, we can’t even compete in that market

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

All players will have their price, but those two players are clearly a cut above the rest. Reach offers little, so is probably less indispensable Realistically though, with the squad cut to bare bones, we can’t afford to let our better players leave

I get your point, but sooner or later we need to start generating income from player sales.  It might be painful in the short term but has to be done at some stage.

1 minute ago, Steve Down South said:

I get your point, but sooner or later we need to start generating income from player sales.  It might be painful in the short term but has to be done at some stage.

Don’t disagree, and Reach is the obvious candidate He’s not a bad player, so there should be some interest, but he doesn’t fit the way we want to play 

If we are to play with the current system, he’s not a wing back, can’t play in midfield, and definitely can’t play up front In short, there is no role for him, so sell

• Like 1

This. Bannan needs better plays around him, competition for his place, so he can focus and do what he’s good at. We’ve been desperate for a long time to get some legs in the midfield with physical presence.

8 hours ago, Tea Baggins said:

Insert other media

We need a Ben Watson, Harry Arter type.

Pure shitkicker who does the ugly. Basically a Hutch but who can put in 40 games a season not 20.

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
13 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The eight assists he's provided this season put him in the Championship's top ten for assists and is the second best tally of his career, bettered only by last season.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest Barry Bannan isn't 'finished'.

:duntmatter:

How many of those since Xmas? 

I’ve never seen a more one footed player then Bannan in the last two games he’s cost us two goals by refusing to play a simple right footed pass and trying to play an unnecessary glory ball

he often slows all the attacks down because he needs to shift the ball onto his good foot and by the time he has the opening has gone same when he tackles goes with the wrong foot making it easy to go round him 
this was ok when we had better quality players around him to allow him more time and space but now his flaws are becoming more and more exposed every game 

He does the same bit of “skill” 5/10 times a game purely to get the ball on his good foot often putting us under pressure because it’s so obvious he’s going to do it the number of times he gives the ball away in front of the back four doing this is ridiculous 

the worrying thing is I used to really rate him but he’s another who’s time is up in my view 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

Bannan has been great for us but he’s finished

His long wafty passes and wafty freekicks and corners are like a child kicking a beach ball on a school field. 

No goal threat and assists have dried up (see above)

Not powerful enough

His set pieces have been poor recently, Murphy and da Cruz put better corners in 

I’m already looking forward to next season, magical tactics and style from Monk and what’s his face, the Scottish bloke, Wildsmith and Dawson fighting over the Teflon gloves, Lees marshalling the defence, Pelupessy bossing the middle of the park, Bannan firing glory balls to Rhodes who can’t catch them, Reach pondering whether he can risk trying to outrun a 38 year old fullback.... come on fellas, chin up.

12 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

When you look at the number of goals Bannan has been involved with by combining goals with assists he drops down to number 62 in the list of top Championship players. That's simply not good enough.

How about if you include the goals he creates for our opponents? He seems to play quite a few defence splitting passes for them, surely we have to lump them in with his figures too? 

As if you’d build a team around him. It’s absurd. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Whatever happens this summer we simply cannot afford to lose Bannan or Iorfa 

Monk needs to build.the team around these two. 

Completely disagree with all those that moan about Bannan playing two deep. Picking the ball up deep and turning defence into attack quickly is where he's exceptional. It's a big part of why we've done so much  better away from home than at home.

We need to build the defence around Iorfa. He's young and appears to have a good attitude. He can play in a three or a four.

After that I'd say Luongo is probably the only other player under contract I'd be 100% happy putting on the team sheet now.

Harris is close and I doubt we'll be going out to sign many improvements on what we have- more plugging the gaps.

I'd love to see us bring Murphy and Windass back.

Other than that we're starting from scratch in terms of starters, unless we're happy accept we'll be in a scrap, in which case the likes of Dawson/Wildsmith, Lees, Reach and Palmer come back into the reckoning.

Bannan? He needs to move on. Plays to deep, can't hit the net (his effort would be good if it was rugby, 3 points) too many mistakes. He's also not good with free kicks. 

Reach? Was excellent 3 seasons ago, now gone backwards. Get rid.

I don't see a light at the end of a dark tunnel with Monk staying. Hope he proves me wrong, but I don't see him doing anything positive. Looks like he's lost the majority of the fans.

Depressed!