Iorfa-Bannan and next season-

Whatever happens this summer we simply cannot afford to lose Bannan or Iorfa 

Monk needs to build.the team around these two. 

Completely disagree with all those that moan about Bannan playing two deep. Picking the ball up deep and turning defence into attack quickly is where he's exceptional. It's a big part of why we've done so much  better away from home than at home.

We need to build the defence around Iorfa. He's young and appears to have a good attitude. He can play in a three or a four.

After that I'd say Luongo is probably the only other player under contract I'd be 100% happy putting on the team sheet now.

Harris is close and I doubt we'll be going out to sign many improvements on what we have- more plugging the gaps.

I'd love to see us bring Murphy and Windass back.

Other than that we're starting from scratch in terms of starters, unless we're happy accept we'll be in a scrap, in which case the likes of Dawson/Wildsmith, Lees, Reach and Palmer come back into the reckoning.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE

Bannan has been great for us but he’s finished

His long wafty passes and wafty freekicks and corners are like a child kicking a beach ball on a school field. 

No goal threat and assists have dried up (see above)

Not powerful enough

1 minute ago, james o connor said:

Bannan has been here too long . He’s stale and is less effective with worse players around him. He looks like he needs a change too 

Sadly I'd probabkybagree for his own sake he'd be better moving on but if we can give him some encouragement to stay (in terms of decent players coming in) I'd like to see us keep him.

5 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Luongo drifts in and out of games. But if he can become more consistent he, Bannan and another could make a great midfield for us

Agree, along with a more defensively minded midfielder, that would be a good trio. A bit concerned with Luongo’s inconsistency though, he’s not a kid, and the way he goes missing in some matches is a real concern Do you know whether he’s carrying an injury?

Just now, gurujuan said:

Agree, along with a more defensively minded midfielder, that would be a good trio. A bit concerned with Luongo’s inconsistency though, he’s not a kid, and the way he goes missing in some matches is a real concern Do you know whether he’s carrying an injury?

No idea about injury but it was the main criticism from the QPR fans of him and I think they seem correct

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Whatever happens this summer we simply cannot afford to lose Bannan or Iorfa 

Monk needs to build.the team around these two. 

Completely disagree with all those that moan about Bannan playing two deep. Picking the ball up deep and turning defence into attack quickly is where he's exceptional. It's a big part of why we've done so much  better away from home than at home.

We need to build the defence around Iorfa. He's young and appears to have a good attitude. He can play in a three or a four.

After that I'd say Luongo is probably the only other player under contract I'd be 100% happy putting on the team sheet now.

Harris is close and I doubt we'll be going out to sign many improvements on what we have- more plugging the gaps.

I'd love to see us bring Murphy and Windass back.

Other than that we're starting from scratch in terms of starters, unless we're happy accept we'll be in a scrap, in which case the likes of Dawson/Wildsmith, Lees, Reach and Palmer come back into the reckoning.

Agree with you in the main, especially if we are sticking with the 3-5-2. Bannan sat deep in a centre 2 doesn’t work but in a 3 it can, you’ve only got to look at United and Norwood, provided you’ve got good fullbacks it can be very effective.

Disagree on windass though, scored a few goals but came with a reputation for a reason and caused issues wherever he’s been. He’s not shown me anything to suggest he’s a long term starter. Not a fan of monk but if he is changing the culture a signing of windass, in my opinion, would be a very poor decision long term. 

Edited by boxing_day
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

No idea about injury but it was the main criticism from the QPR fans of him and I think they seem correct

It was a worry of mine when we signed him, but then I recalled how he performed week after week for Swindon, and thought maybe it was a fitness issue He has already had a few niggles here, which have caused him to miss games At Swindon, he used to boss games in a way that I’ve not seen him do since 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, boxing_day said:

Agree with you in the main, especially if we are sticking with the 3-5-2. Bannan sat deep in a centre 2 doesn’t work but in a 3 it can, you’ve only got to look at United and Norwood, provided you’ve got good fullbacks it can be very effective.

Disagree on windass though, scored a few goals but came with a reputation for a reason and caused issues wherever he’s been. He’s not shown me anything to suggest he’s a long term starter. Not a fan of monk but if he is changing the culture a signing of windass, in my opinion, would be a very poor decision long term. 

Not aware of those issues to be honest so can't really make a judgement on that. I have liked his contribution on the pitch though and think he could be one half of a decent front two.

Guest Kameron

Bannan needs to go, he’s a major part of the comfort zone failures.  That’s for his efforts but it’s time for him to move on.

4 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

We need to replace Bannan not build a team around him. We need to look for a player that can pass, tackle, defend, attack and challenge in the air. That's how central midfielders used to be.

I think Bannan can do enough of four of those. Not sure challenging in the air is essential. Don't remember John Sheridan, Paul Scholes or Pirlo leaping like a salmon too often.

• Like 1

Bannan, Luongo, pessy and Reach all need to go we need to start again in midfield.  We need players that can command, get beyond the strikers are are mobile.   We don't have anyone who can deliver telling passes, corners or freekicks.   Midfield for me is a beast who disrupts the opposition then someone who can play ball you look at other midfields and it is always were we have struggled over the last couple of years.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Would you go for another creative player or more of a ball winner?

Insert other media

We need a Ben Watson, Harry Arter type.

Pure shitkicker who does the ugly. Basically a Hutch but who can put in 40 games a season not 20.

• Like 3