GARRY MONK - All posts about Garry Monk in here please

1 minute ago, Minton said:

3 wins in 17 league games begs to differ...

I'll add to this!

17 points out of 63 - 28 sees us in playoffs not a lot to ask.

First half of the season 3rd, second half 23rd! - but some say give him another 6 months!

1 win at home since December 22nd - a last minute winner against Charlton!

18 goals at home all season - lowest in the division.

2 in the first half under monk!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Not happy with most of our play , home form is awful , some good results away . We have to give him time and hope for better days ahead . 

Maybe the difference between me and you, I don't hope for better days, I demand it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Will be interesting to see what business we do in the summer. Massive rebuild. Is Monk the man to do that? I don’t know, but I think he probably deserves another transfer window to see what he can do. Our home form under him is a disgrace, no doubt about that but for me I blame the players that where signed before Monk arrived more than the manager. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 2

I wouldn't call myself a Monk supporter, be no surprise if he left for whatever reason before start of next season and if he did I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
But I don't really have any enthusiasm to have him sacked. 
We have been here before changing managers and you feel with the current situation at the club it is unlikely to have much difference.

• Like 3

I think most of us on here support Sheffield Wednesday, Monk is currently the manager of our club so gets my support.  If that changes in the future the next manager will get my support.  What i do know is changing the manager every 9 months isn't working so we have to try something different, you know maybe give one a chance to change the squad sufficiently to have an effect, but what do i know.

• Like 6

He is in a big transition phase so it is difficult to judge him to be fair him.

I'm not a fan of his negative tactics but slowly you can see that we are looking a little bolder with our attacking style.

The plan seems to be going forward to bring in talented young players and play them alongside the more experienced players, Bannan been the obvious example.

Who ever is doing the talent spotting holds the key to not only Monks future but the clubs over the next few years. 

Does Monk have what it takes?  I do believe that a manager needs two, three seasons to build a team/squad.

Interesting times.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

He is in a big transition phase so it is difficult to judge him to be fair him.

I'm not a fan of his negative tactics but slowly you can see that we are looking a little bolder with our attacking style.

The plan seems to be going forward to bring in talented young players and play them alongside the more experienced players, Bannan been the obvious example.

Who ever is doing the talent spotting holds the key to not only Monks future but the clubs over the next few years. 

Does Monk have what it takes?  I do believe that a manager needs two, three seasons to build a team/squad.

Interesting times.  

Difficult to judge?

3rd to 16th!

17 points from 63!

23rd in the form table over nearly half a season!

Lowest number of goals at home in the league.

2 in the first half!

1 win at home in 2020 - Charlton!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

We are a mid table team, with mid table players and are sitting in mid table.

We are consistently inconsistent in performances and results since the start of the season and like many mid table teams go through long periods of peaks and troughs.

I'm not sure what any other well reknowned manager would have done given our current predicament on and off the pitch but I'm supporting Monk as I believe we are roughly where we would end up this season.

He can't be judged on solely on a season which is in such turmoil with players that were ageing, coming to the end of the contracts, no money to spend and the EFL case.

So yeah I'm a Monk supporter and will only change my perspective on him when he has brought in his own personnel to be judged objectively

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Difficult to judge?

3rd to 16th!

17 points from 63!

2 in the first half!

Yawn

• Like 3

If Chansiri would appoint a manager who would listen to the man management, tactical, and fitness experts on Owlstalk we’d have been promoted by now.

Interesting that Chris Hughton is keen on the Bristol City job but twice turned down Wednesday. Any decent managers will continue to shun the Owls until the threats of points deduction and transfer embargoes are lifted. You don’t have to be a Monk supporter to realise he’s as good as we’re going to get with the threat of division 1 hanging over us.

• Like 4

I know its been mentioned a few times but even Steve Bruce, the most experienced manager to get near our squad, said himself that it would take at least 4 transfer windows to sort this squad out and get it where it needs to be.

I think that should give you some indication of the work involved in rebuilding this team and what Monk has inherited. This cant be just another short term project.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

I try to be objective about it. Thinking about the position Monk has been put in, it goes something like this....

Here's a turd. Polish it and bring me back gold

He hasnt even managed to roll the turd in glitter.

By my reckoning the turd Monk inherited has just turned into a bigger stinkier turd.

Both Monk & the turd need flushing away.

9 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Difficult to judge?

3rd to 16th!

17 points from 63!

2 in the first half!

You must have missed the first line of the above.  Having to lose the nucleolus of the squad was bound have an affect. 

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

You must have missed the first line of the above.  Having to lose the nucleolus of the squad was bound have an affect. 

Who did we lose on Boxing day when results nose dived?

Fletcher and Fox jumped ship at the first opportunity while others like Lee and Nuhiu showed loyalty.

Dress it up however you like and say you dont blame them for thinking of their own career...... but as a Wednesday fan, the only thing I care about is success on the field. No wonder some supporters question the loyalty of some of the players.

These two will have surely been included in Monks plans to see the season out, therefore another goal post moved for him.

Edited by Miffed
  • Like 1