GARRY MONK - All posts about Garry Monk in here please

2 hours ago, Miffed said:

I know its been mentioned a few times but even Steve Bruce, the most experienced manager to get near our squad, said himself that it would take at least 4 transfer windows to sort this squad out and get it where it needs to be.

I think that should give you some indication of the work involved in rebuilding this team and what Monk has inherited. This cant be just another short term project.

Steve Bruce is a well respected experienced manager with a track history of success. 

Garry monk is the exact opposite, he isnt respected in the game as he has left very ckub under the cloud of " dodgy dealings" and has had zero success as a manager and has just done worse as his career has gone on. 

His signings have been dreadful why would we ever trust him with a transfer window. 

Garry Monk will be sacked its just a matter of when not if 

Hopeless tactician, cant motivate a side, cant change a game and talks utter tripe in his pressers. 

Name one player he has improved? I'm struggling 

Get him out 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Guest Mr Tom
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

But surely a new manager should be able to come in, work with any players he's saddled with and get promoted?

Sick of hearing the same old BS form Monk. Was he saying he wanted shut of the squad pre Christmas?

He has this knack of passing the buck and chucking players under the bus when results don;t work, hardly surprising the out of contracts didn't want to extend.

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's obvious, isn't it?

Just don't let him bring in any of his own coaching staff - we don't want to make it too easy for him.

Is that the same coaching staff he had during his wildly successful times at Leeds Boro and Birmingham. 

This club needs a fresh start. 

Get rid of monk, for the love of God get rid of bully l, get a manager in that can bring the good times back to Hillsborough. 

17 goals at home is hopeless. 

4 wins in 22 games is hopeless. 

Get rid. 

Guest Mr Tom
6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

But surely a new manager should be able to come in, work with any players he's saddled with and get promoted?

Would the cabbage and his sprouts be flirting the bottom half of the league? Monk is using too many excuses and I'm baffled with the ones that accept it, the lack of our home goals is alarming.

The Championship this season is a very poor one and we've been handed our arse far too many times, often by poor teams. 

Those accepting his guff are part of the problem 

21 minutes ago, Mr Tom said:

What has Monk shown to you that warrants him in charge of the chequebook?

I'm totally unconvinced with his football style and fear come September he'll be let go but we'll then be saddled with his players for 2/3 years.

Wouldn't say I am over impressed with him. But I do think the formation he is using could work long term with better players. 

What other manager is out there that will guarantee to do any better. At least Monk has now starting the building process for next season. And will have a whole pre season to make it better. A new manager coming in will probably take a while to get the things he wants in place.

Saying that we dont know when next season starts so a new manager may only get 3 weeks pre season.

Edited by pazowl55

Guest Mr Tom
9 minutes ago, Kenners3896 said:

for the love of God get rid of bully

Would be a bit harsh as he's about to excel at what he does.

The new influx of players are gonna need somewhere to live.

15 minutes ago, Kenners3896 said:

Is that the same coaching staff he had during his wildly successful times at Leeds Boro and Birmingham. 

This club needs a fresh start. 

Get rid of monk, for the love of God get rid of bully l, get a manager in that can bring the good times back to Hillsborough. 

17 goals at home is hopeless. 

4 wins in 22 games is hopeless. 

Get rid. 

Given the context of each club at the time, he did a good job at Swansea, Leeds and Birmingham.

He was sacked after less than half a season with Middlesbrough 3 points off the playoffs, so harder to judge that one.

I agree our recent form has been terrible, but we're hardly a stable, well-run club with a squad brimming with quality, are we?

• Like 5

So we get rid, and then what? We replace him with someone else and he has the same problems. He might have a honeymoon period but we will soon be back to square one. How’s a manager meant to build a squad when all’s we do it sack them. We need a manager to stay long enough to find the problems and address them. 

• Like 3

I’d prefer to give a manager as much time as possible, but they have to show signs that they know what they are doing.

The amount of home goals and results and for the most part performances hasn’t been good enough. We can’t change a game and are tactically very poor. Press conferences are no good either.

With Monk, besides the clearing out the rabble I don’t really see positives and something to build on.

I am encouraged that our strategy seems to be going for young hungry players though. If we keep him time will tell if that follows through. 

He’s walked into a sh*t heap and it will take anyone time, hence why I think most have been more patient than usual. However that won’t last.

Personally I didn’t want him and would prefer a change for pre season, but if we do keep him I won’t be shouting for his replacement to loudly just yet.  

Guest Mr Tom
36 minutes ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

So we get rid, and then what? We replace him with someone else and he has the same problems. He might have a honeymoon period but we will soon be back to square one. How’s a manager meant to build a squad when all’s we do it sack them. We need a manager to stay long enough to find the problems and address them. 

I wholeheartedly agree, but why keep chucking money at something when it's clearly not going to work?

GM does not give me anything that I think, Yeah give him time and he'll crack it. Hes just a Ginger Jos with a worse record.

Give a manager time and effort but not this one, when was the last time we scored so few at home? 

Guest Mr Tom
9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Home goals is the latest cliche to spout though isn’t it?

Until someone mentioned it the other week nobody was talking about it 

Just fashionable fads 

Sat watching at Hillsborough its been on our minds all season, just like the lack of goals in the first half and late capitulations.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Just fashionable fads 

And somewhat offset by the fact that we are also joint highest scorers away from home. Strange, but a bit swings and roundabouts really.

1 hour ago, Kenners3896 said:

Garry monk... has had zero success as a manager and has just done worse as his career has gone on. 

Hopeless tactician, cant motivate a side, cant change a game and talks utter tripe in his pressers. 

He got a creditable 88 points from 67 games and an overall goal difference of just -5 in the Premier League when he was at an unfashionable Swansea team. Quite a feat for someone who is "hopeless". 

Given that we are a cash-strapped mid-table Championship club with a threadbare squad and doubt regarding which division we'll even be in next season, what sort of success are you willing to accept in a new manager?

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Just fashionable fads 

18 goals in 22 home games isn't a cliche, it's a clusterf**k..

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mr Tom said:

I wholeheartedly agree, but why keep chucking money at something when it's clearly not going to work?

One thing we've NOT done with Monk is chuck money at him. One reason some of us are willing to give him time is that he can't just go out and buy a replacement squad. He needs to scour the remainder bins so to speak.

It's far too early to say that it's "clearly" not going to work, especially when any replacement is going to have to do the same.

• Like 2