Which players did we get the best out of?

19 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Westwood, came on a free, poor injury record, turned it around and has a massive impact on our team.

Westwood turned his poor imjury record around?........I thought you were talking about Kieron Westwood.....the one that has been substituted more than every other keeper in our history put together!

Guest Therealrealist
4 minutes ago, Ian said:

Westwood turned his poor imjury record around?........I thought you were talking about Kieron Westwood.....the one that has been substituted more than every other keeper in our history put together!

Also very injury prone when he happens to get dropped..

3 hours ago, archieswfc said:

Gary Madine probably looking at things. 

Still can't believe Cardiff paid £6 million for him and he left them on a free transfer after playing only 28 games in 3 seasons.

Mind you we let him go to Bolton for nowt so they made a tidy profit on him

4 hours ago, archieswfc said:

Gary Madine probably looking at things. 

Apart from that purple patch Madine had in the autumn of 2011 in League One, his performances in the Championship between 2012 to 2015 stank the place out.  That’s when he was actually on the pitch of course, rather than on the bench, or in jail.

Also, Madine had longer purple patch spells at both Carlisle and Bolton.

But apart from all that, good pick!

4 hours ago, paulrs said:

Forestieri

3 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Forestieri, he won't get near that first season again. 

Nah not having that.  Had a good first season here of course, just like he did at Watford.  But what about the other 4 years at SWFC?

Too often unavailable, injured, suspended, or benched.  More baggage than Heathrow.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ian said:

Considering where he came from in terms of injuries I think we have more than had our money out of him.

Quite a few names put forward, but I’d go for Lawrie Madden as one of the best examples As I recall, he arrived with little fanfare, and certainly no great expectation, but his performances were consistently above average

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 1/10/1983 said:

Imre Varadi. 

Different times, I know, but can you imagine what a player would be worth today if they had a top flight season like he did in 84|85.

Would be worth in excess of 30 Million in todays market.

West Brom nicked him off us at tribunal for 1/2 a million but he was never as prolific as during his time at Hillsborough

11 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Carbone was a bit of a journeyman who never scored more than 7 league goals for all his other clubs.*

Benni was converted from wingback which is where inter Milan had played him before we signed him. We signed him originally to play right midfield.