BREAKING - Look North reporting some players NOT being paid in full this month

8 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

no im a realist . you tell me otherwise what will happen if efl do there worse? i would let supporters in next season but the way things are looking that defo wont happen.  i could drink my self silly but blind hope is pointless. i have a horrible skill of seeing problems well before most people , i knew 4 years ago we were creating a car crash by signing ageing players and giving them incredibly long deals ie abdi, david jones , 3 years for an injury prone loovens ,3 years for nuhiu .the  club now is  paying the price . no wednesday = no owlstalk neither of us want that so lets prey the lawyer hits a hat trick and a vaccine happening in the autumn . if either dont happen give me a positive spin on it all?

Hindsight...It's a wonderful thing baby...or was that Kid Creole 🤣

• Like 1

Owls boss Garry Monk was also forced to respond to claims that part of his player’s wages for November were delayed in December.

A report in a national newspaper claimed the players received a maximum of £17,000 of their wages in November, with the rest delayed but settled a few days later.

Describing the story as "nonsensical", Monk said: “I can tell you all the players are fine. Everyone has been paid.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-players-wages-delay-18517936

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Probably just an error

Wonder how it got out though? 

Aren't the players leaving entitled to a months severance pay as well, and didn't MM have trouble bringing in money in from the states something about how much you can take out of a country into another over a certain time.

I know some far east countries have certain rules about transferring large sums abroad over a certain time period  and lets not forget we've nothing coming in, and the club are also refunding season tickets while having to fetch extra cash into Britain.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

It'll be shyte .

Are the players performing like they are not being paid?

There you go then.

June payday is today, they wouldn’t have known that they weren’t getting paid when they performed against Forest and Bristol.

Just now, Uncle Mort AMB said:

Aren't the players leaving entitled to a months severance pay as well, and didn't MM have trouble bringing in money in from the states something about how much you can take out of a country into another over a certain time.

I know some far east countries have certain rules about transferring large sums abroad over a certain time period  and lets not forget we've nothing coming in, and the club are also refunding season tickets while having to fetch extra cash into Britain.

That sounds familiar - is that what happened last time?

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Owls boss Garry Monk was also forced to respond to claims that part of his player’s wages for November were delayed in December.

A report in a national newspaper claimed the players received a maximum of £17,000 of their wages in November, with the rest delayed but settled a few days later.

Describing the story as "nonsensical", Monk said: “I can tell you all the players are fine. Everyone has been paid.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-players-wages-delay-18517936

so the same ‘error’ has happened twice in 6 months? 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Even if it has it's literally not even an issue

The players won't be bothered, the manager won't be bothered, the chairman will have put everyone's minds at rest already internally

It's only an issue if people want it to be an issue

Owlstalk Shop

34 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Not at all bothered by this story. 

Ive been a critic of DC but he’s pretty straight with a lot of stuff like making sure all furloughed staff get 100% etc. He’s made loads of mistakes but he’s a honourable man for that I’m sure about. 

This.   Some were suggesting we couldn't have a refund for the 5 games, we can (albeit we may have to wait!!!),  The ordinary staff made public their thanks that their wages were paid in full.  Yes, many, many mistakes but we don't know his side of this "story" so lets not jump to conclusions. And, of course, the story "breaks" when puffed-up players are annoyed at being offered less wages when, in truth, their reduced offer was richly deserved. 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

I don’t think that’s what’s being suggested.

It shows that the same story lead to people losing their heads before the full facts were out in the open. 

• Love 1

If anyone is getting all angry or wound up and believe this to be a massive issue then can I suggest you go into the dressing room and check out the vote on which seaside fish and chip shop is the best?

The one in Bridlington is winning currently - https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/forum/4-dressing-room/

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Key said:

The willingness of some people to think the worst of DC before there’s any detail known about what’s happened - or even any evidence that something has actually happened - is quite astonishing.

Well it would be if it weren’t so predictable.

Yeah its sad but predictable.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

If anyone is getting all angry or wound up and believe this to be a massive issue then can I suggest you go into the dressing room and check out the vote on which seaside fish and chip shop is the best?

The one in Bridlington is winning currently - https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/forum/4-dressing-room/

the answer is Steels in cleethorpes.