BREAKING - Look North reporting some players NOT being paid in full this month

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

If anyone is getting all angry or wound up and believe this to be a massive issue then can I suggest you go into the dressing room and check out the vote on which seaside fish and chip shop is the best?

The one in Bridlington is winning currently - https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/forum/4-dressing-room/

Such a shame, my favourite isn't actually at the seaside.    Wetherby Whaler is awesome.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Owls boss Garry Monk was also forced to respond to claims that part of his player’s wages for November were delayed in December.

A report in a national newspaper claimed the players received a maximum of £17,000 of their wages in November, with the rest delayed but settled a few days later.

Describing the story as "nonsensical", Monk said: “I can tell you all the players are fine. Everyone has been paid.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-players-wages-delay-18517936

Just as an aside. Alan Nixon leaked that story in December. He’s referenced it again tonight in a tweet regarding this pay dispute rumour. Basically saying it happened before and it doesn’t look good. 

I linked the above article in a tweet to him and suggested he takes a look to brush up on his facts. He’s blocked me. Think that says all we need to know about these types of rumours and the character of the people that they tend to emanate from. 

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

I’d be making the ones who turned down the chance to play until the end of the season wait a while tbf.

I’d go a step further and pay them in Turkish Lira, smothered in chip fat. 

• Haha 1

Just now, BIG D said:

I’d be making the ones who turned down the chance to play until the end of the season wait a while tbf.

Where I work, if you leave employment by your own volition you forfeit that pay cycle's bonus scheme.    It's in the small print of the contract and a few salesman have got the right hump when they realise they are a grand or more down after having a good month before moving elsewhere.

It could be something similar.

• Like 2

Ebtp3LCX0AAxa18.jpg

Ebtp3LBX0AYr-DB.jpg

Dressing Room Clearout

Two games unbeaten

4 points from possible 6

Every player now committed to the shirt

Maximum effort

Teamwork

And look at what the players are saying now too...

It's time for fans to do the same and shed any/ALL negativity and push on

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Never tried that

My grandad used to drive us 80 miles to Harry Ramsdens when I was younger

It was just fish n chips

lol

10 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

Such a shame, my favourite isn't actually at the seaside.    Wetherby Whaler is awesome.

I live in Wetherby and I can safely say the original whaler is overrated and over priced. 
Anyroad, what’s happening at Hillsboro.

Any one would think that we weren’t  in the middle of a worldwide catastrophe 

Thanks for keeping our club afloat Mr C in these troubled times.

If you have mislaid payments to some of the lobbers that couldn’t be arsed to do their job for a extra month, I applaud you .

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I live in Wetherby and I can safely say the original whaler is overrated and over priced. 
Anyroad, what’s happening at Hillsboro.

I lived in Walton Road for 6 years not far from the fire station at Wetherby, not been back since mind.

2 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Maybe one of the players who has refused a contract thought he should get a win bonus even if not in the squad? 

You literally cannot possibly just think that though as a player

There's contracts in place ahead of time to cover all eventualities

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Loxley Owl said:

“Think the worst”?

Players apparently aren’t being paid.

We’re in the middle of a hearing which could see us relegated for financial mismanagement.

I could go on.

There are plenty of reasons to question what’s going on and what the hell he is doing to the club. 

Fans probably wouldn’t think the worst of our owner if he hadn’t made high profile errors in his running of the club.

If there is any merit in this story, and it’s down to cash flow, we are in serious trouble.

Again, I don’t imagine many apart from those work for the club will know the true circumstances. The club are unlikely to comment publicly and therefore the press can sensationalise this until the next problem. 

When we get docked 15 points it’ll be forgotten.

:Chansiri:

• Like 1