The Road to Redemption - Garry Monk Edition

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Its the younger and less confident players that suffer when there is unrest in the dressing room..If the Westwood/ Hutch scenario has caused unrest this will affect those....Bannan came out and supported Monk with his judgement that FF had come back undercooked, Bannan can say that cos for Wednesday Bannan is twice the player Forestieri has been...he's better than Hutchinson..In my opinion.. for Wednesday Nuhiu is more of an assett to Wednesday than Hutch or Forestieri.....

Forget these players who don't want to play for the club, its simply idolising the past....they have no affiliation with the fans now..cos they can't be ars*ed to play for the fans...Thx for the memories ..f.ook off

You do seem to use colourful language, are you affected in any way?

asking as a friend.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, daleblue said:

You do seem to use colourful language, are you affected in any way?

asking as a friend.

Thx for asking...Yes I believe I suffer from a form of "typing Turettes"..its extrememely rare and from study happens to a lot of people of above average intelligence...Think yerself lucky you are free of it..and...F.ook right off.. lol

• Haha 7

11 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Explain the correlation to me because maybe I’m being thick but if someone is sat at home then how are they having a negative impact on results

This idea that Social media negativity has no effect on its targets is extremely naive.

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Its the younger and less confident players that suffer when there is unrest in the dressing room..If the Westwood/ Hutch scenario has caused unrest this will affect those....Bannan came out and supported Monk with his judgement that FF had come back undercooked, Bannan can say that cos for Wednesday Bannan is twice the player Forestieri has been...he's better than Hutchinson..In my opinion.. for Wednesday Nuhiu is more of an assett to Wednesday than Hutch or Forestieri.....

Forget these players who don't want to play for the club, its simply idolising the past....they have no affiliation with the fans now..cos they can't be ars*ed to play for the fans...Thx for the memories ..f.ook off

giphy.gif

23 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

It’s pointless discussing this with you because you just repeat yourself on this and don’t say anything intelligible.

If players aren’t involved and not on the pitch, then they aren’t affecting the results. You seem to think that Westwood, Hutchinson and Forestieri leaving will give us a boost somehow when the former two have been sat at home for 6 months and FF has barely played. Your argument just doesn’t stand up to scrutiny 

They’ve been fuckingstuff up behind the scenes for ages, playing or not playing and if you can’t see that then not sure what to say really...

2 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

I agree but the flak that Monk has copped for has been relentless and one-eyed from some on here.

He has copped a lot of stick from me on here and to some it probably has seemed a bit relentless but as I say I have only done it based on the facts of what I have seen and the frustration that we could do so much better. Of course there are other factors at play, but those factors still exist and yet thanks to a tactical change and probably the chance for self-reflection and reflection as a squad over the last few weeks, things have undoubtedly improved.

I'll hold my hands up and say I wasn't expecting Monk to be able to improve things significantly but I am really pleased with the way we have played in the last 2 games, the points are more important than the performances for us as things stand but the performances have been worthy of the points. 

11 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Both our full backs at the time including Hunt were continually criticised as 'not being good enough' & 'if we were serious' should be replaced, so discussing Hunt is going backwards. (Not that he was ever as bad as made out).

Again, re Fox. Everyone is "replaceable", but you have to find them, pay for them, hope they fit in which takes a lot of time up, taking away the time & opportunity from possibly strengthening other more pressing area.

I do however thank you for your reasoned, non confrontational reply.

Roberto Carlos 👍

Ideally we’d have kept Fox on but it’s really not the end of the world. He’s done well this season but this time last year the vast majority would have said get rid. If he doesn’t want to stay, what more can you do? There will be options out there to replace him who are either better or offer something similar. 

Do you think Leeds are still upset over selling Roofe and Chris Wood? Or the Pigs with Brooks? Players come and go and with the right manager, dressing room and system in place we won’t miss them in a few months time. 

7 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

They’ve been fuckingstuff up behind the scenes for ages, playing or not playing......

The names mentioned are also what you might call "big" personalities whose behaviour and attitude carries weight in the dressing room and influences younger players. That can be a good thing if they behave like model professionals, but quite toxic if they don't. The idea that it's the managers fault for being unable to handle "big personalities" doesn't really resonate with me. They either behave, or they don't. Clearly some of ours have been playing up for far too long.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I’ll give you 3 examples, all pathetic, from so called senior pros which were a big indicator of what’s been going on.....

Westwood’s FIFA tweet which totally undermined his understudy Dawson.

Hutchinson’s ‘tache celebration which was lapped up and vindicated his shithousery.

FF’s pockets turned out and pushbike video never mind not getting on the bus to Norwich.

None of them ever done anything when it truly matters i.e. scoring and saving penalties in a play-off shootout.

Bigheaded fish in a little pond - thank God finally someone had the b0llocks to fuckemoff.

Let’s see what they achieve wherever they end up? I’ll tell you now - sweetfuckall!

• Like 2
  • Love 3

36 minutes ago, MarvelOwls said:

I think I've not favoured Monk because he has tossed some of my old favourites to one side.

But then I thought about it.

It's an aging squad and it's time to rebuild.

Forestieri, Westwood, Fletcher, Hutchinson all big wages, all 30+. Lots of players still on the Cardiff come down - Lee, Bannan and we have little youth coming though. 

I remember reading an article about Alex Ferguson and the key to his success was to have the right mix. He  broke it down into 3 groups. Young hungry under 21 players, players 22-28 starting to peak and then players aged 29+.

If lucky then he would have players start at the bottom and work their way through the 3 groups ( Rooney, Giggs etc ) 

If we want to be successful then we have to change the current model. I wonder if Chansiri will back Monk as the man to do this.

Today was a great performance and was good to see that we have a fight in us. Well done Wednesday.

good post - think this is similar to how I’ve been looking at this

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Thx for asking...Yes I believe I suffer from a form of "typing Turettes"..its extrememely rare and from study happens to a lot of people of above average intelligence...Think yerself lucky you are free of it..and...F.ook right off.. lol

Asteener's typing's very rare,

Unlike the mainstream boring getts,

His keyboard's weird, it's back to front

To cater for his type Tourettes

He took the test to prove his point

His IQ's high above the norm

Don't question me, don't doubt my cred's

I've seen your posts you fuc*in gorm

Unlike Snoots the snobby get

Who's got ideas the stuck up Toff

I'm working class don't give a damn

So shut right up & fu*k right off

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I’ll give you 3 examples, all pathetic, from so called senior pros which were a big indicator of what’s been going on.....

Westwood’s FIFA tweet which totally undermined his understudy Dawson.

Hutchinson’s ‘tache celebration which was lapped up and vindicated his shithousery.

FF’s pockets turned out and pushbike video never mind not getting on the bus to Norwich.

None of them ever done anything when it truly matters i.e. scoring and saving penalties in a play-off shootout.

Bigheaded fish in a little pond - thank God finally someone had the b0llocks to fuckemoff.

Let’s see what they achieve wherever they end up? I’ll tell you now - sweetfuckall!

The Hutch "moutache" thingy?..he went down a few pegs in my eyes when he did that...Sure Luhukay needed the sack, but for a senior pro to try and milk it with the fans?..nah ..out of order

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

My opinion is that some chose (and choose) not to acknowledge the depth of issues behind the scenes yet rabidly embark on endless campaigns of criticism that refuse to acknowledge any mitigating factors.

Abso-f***ing-lutely. There are fans who are completely unable or unwilling to see the bigger picture. I've been arguing for a couple of years now that that the problems we've got - poor recruitment, finances, dressing room issues, hangover from our failed play-off campaigns - are going to take 2-3 seasons and a change of philosophy to reverse (and that's if we get away without a points deduction). There are no quick fixes and firing the manager simply puts the problem on someone else's shoulders. Gary Monk may or may not be the long term solution, but he's not even been here a full season so IMO it's too early to judge.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Asteener's typing's very rare,

Unlike the mainstream boring getts,

His keyboard's weird, it's back to front

To cater for his type Tourettes

He took the test to prove his point

His IQ's high above the norm

Don't question me, don't doubt my cred's

I've seen your posts you fuc*in gorm

Unlike Snoots the snobby get

Who's got ideas the stuck up Toff

I'm working class don't give a damn

So shut right up & fu*k right off

Well thank you Rob for understandin'

me malady is quite demandin'

the urge to find a rhyme for Hunt

thats summat else bar simply " C ***

Ive tried most everything there is

to make a post not rhyme wiv p* ss

But sadly don't have any luck

but anyway..who gives a ..damn

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ReadingOwl said:

Great OP title.

Superb sentiment that I agree with.

Long may it continue.

Monk has impressed me, playing the cards he has been dealt with, at the re-start.

Didnt think his redemption was possible.

The remaining players deserve credit too.

Fully agree, but based on the level of vitriol towards him this year, he is always one bad performance away from being the bad guy again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Fully agree, but based on the level of vitriol towards him this year, he is always one bad performance away from being the bad guy again.

Yes, that will be a shame. But I can see your point.

Fans need to take a long term view - if he is allowed to rebuild.

He can’t be allowed to skate on thin ice, week to week.

Rebuilding isn’t that type of job.

Its long term.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Mate we won today, 2:1, with another much improve performance and some of the posts in this very thread have him down as some anti-christ still

lol

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop