The Road to Redemption - Garry Monk Edition

1 minute ago, S1Owl said:

maybe some of the senior players were causing a stink & unsettled the team, now they've gone maybe there's more unity in the squad & everyone is pushing in the same direction. Hope so anyways

Definitely not maybe and some on here will never be happy because their favourite tosspots have been binned.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Just now, McRightSide said:

As he’s thinking of making another terrible substitution I can really imagine how he must be affected by the players sat at home. 

Even today he brings on two of our most calamitous players when we needed calmness.

Thankfully we got away with Odubajo getting beaten easily and JP’s attempts to surrender possession to the opposites

Since the Covid19 break:

• Dressing room clearout
  • 4 points from the last 6
  • 2 games unbeaten
  • Every player playing with full commitment to the shirt
  • Much improved performance

We just won

Away

And you're still slagging em off?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Was on for 15 minutes gave the ball away twice and miscontrolled it on the edge of our box when we were 2-1 up.

He wasn’t great. Kept it simple isn’t a glowing endorsement, needs to offer much more.

So "Fox isn't Carlos Alberto" according to you yesterday & "won't be missed".    His performance when he came in doesn't bear that out.

Pelupessey gets it today.         As a squad player, probably not on fortunes, he's a decent option. Linked well enough, broke play up a couple of times. Keeping it simple at the stage he came on, was exactly what he needed to do.

I'll tune in every day next week to see who's next on the 'motivational criticism' list.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Since the Covid19 break:

• Dressing room clearout
  • 2 games unbeaten

We just won

Away

who is them?

MONK.jpg

Garry Monk this week:
"But I have had nothing but support from the chairman and the club. There are decisions going on now and talk of what we are doing moving forward. I don't think we would be doing that if there wasn't a feeling that we could move this forward and do it together."

"The one thing I know is if I get the opportunity and am given the time to do that then I can definitely bring a team that the fans and everyone can be proud of. I can promise that.

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Have you been impressed with the team since the restart.?

For the most part, yes. As I’ve posted on here...

But apparently that’s supposed to now prevent anyone from talking about Monk’s performance across the season.

Why do you ask?

Just now, McRightSide said:

For the most part, yes. As I’ve posted on here...

But apparently that’s supposed to now prevent anyone from talking about Monk’s performance across the season.

Why do you ask?

Quick question

How much longer are you going to keep dismissing his pre-christmas form, only point to the run of games between xmas and the covid break, and disregard the last couple of games just so you can bash him?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, bigthinrob said:

So "Fox isn't Carlos Alberto" according to you yesterday & "won't be missed".    His performance when he came in doesn't bear that out.

Pelupessey gets it today.         As a squad player, probably not on fortunes, he's a decent option. Linked well enough, broke play up a couple of times. Keeping it simple at the stage he came on, was exactly what he needed to do.

I'll tune in every day next week to see who's next on the 'motivational criticism' list.

Fox was steady when he came on but it wasn’t Carlos Alberto esque was it (it was Roberto Carlos by the way). In ideal circumstances we would keep Fox on but we aren’t so what’s the point moaning over it. He’s replaceable.

I’d rather give Hunt a go instead of Pelupessy. Can do what Joey does but also offers something on the ball. 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Quick question

How much longer are you going to keep dismissing his pre-christmas form, only point to the run of games between xmas and the covid break, and disregard the last couple of games just so you can bash him?

So the toxic squad is only effective from Xmas too then?

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Fox was steady when he came on but it wasn’t Carlos Alberto esque was it (it was Roberto Carlos by the way). In ideal circumstances we would keep Fox on but we aren’t so what’s the point moaning over it. He’s replaceable.

I’d rather give Hunt a go instead of Pelupessy. Can do what Joey does but also offers something on the ball. 

Hang on

What did Pelupessy do wrong  today?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Since the Covid19 break:

• Dressing room clearout
  • 2 games unbeaten

We just won

Away

no one can slag them off today - Wednesday were superb in every department Monk included 

• Like 2

Guest LondonOwl313
7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Since the Covid19 break:

• Dressing room clearout
  • 2 games unbeaten

I’m sure everyone is happy that we won.. you just like to stir the pot between pro Monk and anti Monk people. Maybe it increases ad revenue or something if it boosts the number of views or posts.

This dressing room clear out business is a nonsense, you can’t blame players who didn’t play for results since Xmas. The main reason we’ve done better the last couple of games is because we’ve played a half decent keeper. And Wickham has looked like the striker we were supposed to be signing in January. 

However the squad looks threadbare now. If we don’t have much money to spend we’re going nowhere fast. Over the course of the season Monk hasn’t achieved what he should have done with a full squad that was available.

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

I’m sure everyone is happy that we won.. you just like to stir the pot between pro Monk and anti Monk people. Maybe it increases ad revenue or something if it boosts the number of views or posts.

Ahh that old chestnut that people drop out because they simply have no intelligent argument to offer

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Hang on

What did Pelupessy do wrong  today?

Gave the ball away a couple of times, mis controlled on the edge of the box (fortunately they weren’t very good so didn’t capitalise). 

He’s ok and can do a job but I’d like to think we are aiming higher. I understand why we extended in the current circumstances but I don’t think he’s good enough for this level. 

• Love 1