The Road to Redemption - Garry Monk Edition

Just now, McRightSide said:

For the most part, yes. As I’ve posted on here...

But apparently that’s supposed to now prevent anyone from talking about Monk’s performance across the season.

Why do you ask?

Because that's down to Monk isnt it.

He has changed the formation and personal about a bit and got two very good performances and results for us. 

If you want to talk about what he did before hand by all means do. But dont let that cloud your judgement for what he is doing now.

Even those who dont like Monk. (not saying that's you.) have to credit him for the work he has done during the lockdown to get us to performance like this.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Gave the ball away a couple of times, mis controlled on the edge of the box (fortunately they weren’t very good so didn’t capitalise). 

He’s ok and can do a job but I’d like to think we are aiming higher. I understand why we extended in the current circumstances but I don’t think he’s good enough for this level. 

Yeah fair enough that

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Ahh that old chestnut that people drop out because they simply have no intelligent argument to offer

‘people’ 

FWIW I think our early form was more to do with an easy a run of fixtures as you could wish for combined either career best form from Fletcher.

Not so much to do with Monk who got found out when the going for tough. 

And then all of a sudden the dressing room became toxic.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Gave the ball away a couple of times, mis controlled on the edge of the box (fortunately they weren’t very good so didn’t capitalise). 

He’s ok and can do a job but I’d like to think we are aiming higher. I understand why we extended in the current circumstances but I don’t think he’s good enough for this level. 

Truth is he is scared when he gets the ball because of everyone's need to have a go at him all the time if it goes wrong.

Guest LondonOwl313
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ahh that old chestnut that people drop out because they simply have no intelligent argument to offer

Well just wondered what your motivations could be for posting absolute nonsense all day long

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

‘people’ 

FWIW I think our early form was more to do with an easy a run of fixtures as you could wish for combined either career best form from Fletcher.

Not so much to do with Monk who got found out when the going for tough. 

And then all of a sudden the dressing room became toxic.

We were top 6 at halfway so not sure how it can be classed as an easy run of fixtures.

Not sure why some refuse to make him responsible for the following 3 months of results though. 

I'd not realised we were the top away scoring team in the league so far until I saw the stats on TV. Our away fans are fantastic and surely help the team on the road. Couple this with our poor home scoring record and it makes you think doesn't it? We've cleared out the toxic dressing room it seems.

Maybe some of our less than encouraging home followers should have a bit of self reflection.

Interesting stats.

Just now, bigash_swfc said:

Now we've cleared out "The Non Contributors" 

I'm hoping for a fresh start and fresh approach. 

Actually enjoyed watching that today and its been a while since I have.

100% 

It was really refreshing

Then I read this thread and see people STILL trying to slag us off

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, TommyCraig said:

I'd not realised we were the top away scoring team in the league so far until I saw the stats on TV. Our away fans are fantastic and surely help the team on the road. Couple this with our poor home scoring record and it makes you think doesn't it? We've cleared out the toxic dressing room it seems.

Maybe some of our less than encouraging home followers should have a bit of self reflection.

Interesting stats.

Yeah that's what sprung to my mind too mate

Owlstalk Shop

59 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

Now that was a performance!!!! 

Don’t get me wrong he still has work to do get me convinced after some off the embarrassing performances / results earlier in the season. I’ve not been his biggest fan

But these two latest performances, n particular the one today is the best way to start repairing those wounds. 

So credit where credit is due!!!! 

Not many managers, turn it around after the point of no return where the fan base turns , but fair play today’s result can be the way back for him. Shows good character!!!!!

More of the same!! Let’s push on now, finish the season strong and give us some momentum going into next season. 

Well done Wednesday, Well done Monk 

UTO WAWAW

He's never been at the point of no return 

• Love 1

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Have a look in this thread

It's clear some supporters want us relegated just so they can say 'told you so' about Monk

Since the Covid19 break:

• Dressing room clearout
  • 4 points from the last 6
  • 2 games unbeaten
  • Every player playing with full commitment to the shirt
  • Much improved performance

totally agree...monk walked into a right mess and is still in the early stages of rectifying things. The size of the mess we were/are in, cannot be sorted in 25-30 games.

the last two games looked like we have shape and a system developing...give him time and back him. 

• Love 1

You could say the juries still out to a certain extent given the hit an miss...(GET THE F>OOK IN ARSENAL)...season weve had....the bruce waqlk out, the dressing room shennanigans..So to be fair to Monk..You have to give him more time...

(Sorry about that..last minute Arsenal wnner)

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 1