The Road to Redemption - Garry Monk Edition

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Truth is he is scared when he gets the ball because of everyone's need to have a go at him all the time if it goes wrong.

That's part of the pressure of playing football and not exclusive to playing for us, the pressure is based from the crowd is based on previous performances, there's no crowd for him to worry about now.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

We were top 6 at halfway so not sure how it can be classed as an easy run of fixtures.

Not sure why some refuse to make him responsible for the following 3 months of results though. 

Course he has to be held accountable for the last 3 months of results. But he also has to be given credit for the last two performances and turning it around. And that's all that the Monk supporters are saying now.

2 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

I'd not realised we were the top away scoring team in the league so far until I saw the stats on TV. Our away fans are fantastic and surely help the team on the road. Couple this with our poor home scoring record and it makes you think doesn't it? We've cleared out the toxic dressing room it seems.

Maybe some of our less than encouraging home followers should have a bit of self reflection.

Interesting stats.

I go home any away. heard more anti Monk chants at away games in Feb-March than at home and the chorus of you're not fit to wear the shirt could be heard by all at Luton and Brentford, where even the home fans were joining in.

The last two games have matched the standard under Monk that took us to 3rd in what is often an average Championship league. If we can keep this up for the last 7 games and stay up despite a points deduction then he deserves to be manager next season. Especially if Chansiri is still owner, as he could easily hire someone a lot worse 

Just now, McRightSide said:

In the 90 mins sure, can’t we discuss after though?

Yeah totally we can

We can break down the performance, the form, even Monk's history if you want to

Whatever you like really so long as it's not breaking the rules/spirit of the site

I've no issues with you posting your opinions even if I disagree with em

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

That's part of the pressure of playing football and not exclusive to playing for us, the pressure is based from the crowd is based on previous performances, there's no crowd for him to worry about now.

Very true. He does seem very uncomfortable when receiving the ball though at times.

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Course he has to be held accountable for the last 3 months of results. But he also has to be given credit for the last two performances and turning it around. And that's all that the Monk supporters are saying now.

The first bit I agree with, as my posts today show. The highlighted bit I would say there are some that are not saying only that at all.

11 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Because that's down to Monk isnt it.

He has changed the formation and personal about a bit and got two very good performances and results for us. 

If you want to talk about what he did before hand by all means do. But dont let that cloud your judgement for what he is doing now.

Even those who dont like Monk. (not saying that's you.) have to credit him for the work he has done during the lockdown to get us to performance like this.

We come back and shown a bit of bottle .which would not of happend before lockdwn 

49 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

2 good wins

However forest and Bristol were both absolutely dog5h1t 

Shows the standard of this league 

We didn't let them play.

Strange isn't it? We play well, the opposition are dog5h1t, we play badly we are dog5h1t. It's never the winning team that has played well.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I go home any away. heard more anti Monk chants at away games in Feb-March than at home and the chorus of you're not fit to wear the shirt could be heard by all at Luton and Brentford, where even the home fans were joining in.

Ok. Why the reason for the disparity then I wonder.

• Like 1

Just now, prowl said:

We didn't let them play.

Strange isn't it? We play well, the opposition are dog5h1t, we play badly we are dog5h1t. It's never the winning team that has played well.

It's almost like those saying it are desperate for us to get relegated so they can jizz themselves and tell us all how they were right about Monk etc

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

We were top 6 at halfway so not sure how it can be classed as an easy run of fixtures.

Not sure why some refuse to make him responsible for the following 3 months of results though. 

I was hugely critical of Monk when he broke the Iorfa / Borner partnership & this, on top of the tinkering that was going on, made me question his managerial credentials full stop.

The lock down seems to have given him time to clear his head & re-set. 

I would suggest we judge him from now onwards, look forward rather than back and view things with a completely open mind. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Guest LondonOwl313
11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Somehow I don't think you hold the majority view on that one mate

You may even be in a minority of ONE

It’s pointless discussing this with you because you just repeat yourself on this and don’t say anything intelligible.

If players aren’t involved and not on the pitch, then they aren’t affecting the results. You seem to think that Westwood, Hutchinson and Forestieri leaving will give us a boost somehow when the former two have been sat at home for 6 months and FF has barely played. Your argument just doesn’t stand up to scrutiny 

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

It’s pointless discussing this with you because you just repeat yourself on this and don’t say anything intelligible.

If players aren’t involved and not on the pitch, then they aren’t affecting the results. You seem to think that Westwood, Hutchinson and Forestieri leaving will give us a boost somehow when the former two have been sat at home for 6 months and FF has barely played. Your argument just doesn’t stand up to scrutiny 

You seem all confused mate

Remind me how we've done the last two games without them after publically clearing them out?

Owlstalk Shop

56 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

2 good wins

However forest and Bristol were both absolutely dog5h1t 

Shows the standard of this league 

How about this.....

We stifled their game, we made them play how we wanted them too

we dictated the game

THATS down to good management

• Love 2

2 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

Ok. Why the reason for the disparity then I wonder.

In results and goals?

I would say we are too negative tactically at home generally, or at least have been, and the system Monk played was much better suited to playing away. I don't think you can blame the crowd for us being the lowest home scorers and say we are the highest away scorers because of the away fans, I think there are more important factors than that.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The first bit I agree with, as my posts today show. The highlighted bit I would say there are some that are not saying only that at all.

He has to be held accountable but we also have to understand the circumstances as to why we only won 2 in 15. Some say it's his fault some say it's the players or bad eggs at the club. 

I personally think it's a mixture of the lot.  And the fact Monk has gone 352 tells us that he knew he had to do something tactically different as there were things he was doing wrong.

• Like 1