Carltons view

Guest Therealrealist
19 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Wasn’t our wage bill something like 42 million? I know that includes all staff, but obviously the majority of it will be playing staff. So not hard to imagine that the wages of certainly players won’t be too far off Palmers estimation. 

Eye watering. 

But dont forget dc said if we want lower prices we would have to pay lower wages..and end up with a team like sheff utd...and the brown nosers in the room all clapped him like demented seals

4 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

But dont forget dc said if we want lower prices we would have to pay lower wages..and end up with a team like sheff utd...and the brown nosers in the room all clapped him like demented seals

The mental picture of that :duntmatter:WTF::duntmatter:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

I like Carlton but his memory isn’t always the best and he exaggerates a tale.

On this clip here (about 1:30 in) he talks about how we isolated John Terry in the Rumbelows cup semi final in 1991. John Terry was only 10 years old in 1991

And on this one he says Nilsson marked Giggs out of the game in the 91 cup final in his first game back. It wasn’t Nilsson’s first game back and Giggs wasn’t even playing 

The point I was making is people who move in football circles as retired professionals etc tend to hear from current professionals and agents etc the ground truth, just like the time Michael Brown let the cat out of the bag over Westwood’s contractual issue live on sky sports 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Carlton Palmer won more England caps than Tony Currie.

:biggrin:

Always tickles me does that. 
I remember his late equaliser against Barnsley. On the slag heap, in the good old days. 
UTO. 

I was there that night too ...late late show.

Mental at the end.

• Love 2

4 hours ago, Silkstone Owl said:

United run through brick walls because they have a decent manager who fires them up to perform every single game - nothing to do with wages...

the last time we saw a consistent desire to do something positive was 3 years ago 

Disagree. 

They have a squad all on similar money so there's no resentment or bad feeling festering there. That helps build the team spirit. 

If you're coming in and being significantly better paid, you better be the best player every week and be the model professional and a good team mate 

Players contracts are a private matter between the player, his agent and the football club.   So any figures quoted by Carlton or anyone else, are pure guesswork.

We do know from our invariably overdue accounts, that the SWFC wagebill is far too high.   But trying to guess which players are on what wage is a waste of time.

• Thanks 1

Guest LondonOwl313

Lol.. so fletcher and Rhodes are on 60k and 50k according to him then he shares the wages which show them on less than half that. Just don’t see us paying some of those wages. Westwood won’t be on 30k, probably more like 15-20k given we gave him 2 years and there was a delay in him signing so we clearly haggled.

Also the United wages look way off too.. as if they’d pay Jagieka 50k to sit on the bench when the whole of the rest of the squad are on between a quarter and half of that. Everyone would be kicking off and there’d be no squad harmony 

Guest Therealrealist
44 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Players contracts are a private matter between the player, his agent and the football club.   So any figures quoted by Carlton or anyone else, are pure guesswork.

We do know from our invariably overdue accounts, that the SWFC wagebill is far too high.   But trying to guess which players are on what wage is a waste of time.

Thats not true tho..they all live up dore and booze in dore..ex pros minglin with current pros..you reckon they dont talk about money?? In my local yuve allways got plenty er people guvin it large about how much theyve earned thus week..year..etc..and fletcher owns 4 properties in dore apparantly

19 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Thats not true tho..they all live up dore and booze in dore..ex pros minglin with current pros..you reckon they dont talk about money?? In my local yuve allways got plenty er people guvin it large about how much theyve earned thus week..year..etc..and fletcher owns 4 properties in dore apparantly

I live in Dore, there are only a couple of players live here as far as I’m aware.

Guest mrbluesky
2 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

We have now seen 2 twitter posts stating hes on 22k. 

People saying "double that" is just fan theory .

Chansiri stated at one of the fans forum how much Fletcher and Rhodes were on, added to them he also mentioned Wallace and Westwood’s salary whilst holding a spreadsheet, 38k wasn’t far off tbh, I’m not ITK, just happened to be at a fans forum.

It matters not now, they’ve gone and I’m sure the same mistakes will be made by Chansiri.

23 minutes ago, Key said:

Maybe a tad disrespectful in the telling though, or is that only an issue if it’s about a ‘legend’?

Cor blimey 

You so desperately wanted to cram the 'legend' aspect in you twisted, deformed and forced it into something that's not even appllcable

lol

Owlstalk Shop