Carltons view

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Cor blimey 

You so desperately wanted to cram the 'legend' aspect in you twisted, deformed and forced it into something that's not even appllcable

lol

Just pointing out your inconsistent stance on respect towards a ‘legend’ as opposed to fellow supporters (whether or not you or I agree with them is immaterial).

Carlton's not all that far off. What are shown are Basic Salary. Rhodes and Fletcher have appearance, bonus, win bonus monies to be added on. Then you also include the signing on fees which especially in Rhodes case was massive and a dozen other clauses. My basic salary though crap was nearly doubled at the end of the year with add ons.

Guest mrbluesky
4 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

Players contracts are a private matter between the player, his agent and the football club.   So any figures quoted by Carlton or anyone else, are pure guesswork.

We do know from our invariably overdue accounts, that the SWFC wagebill is far too high.   But trying to guess which players are on what wage is a waste of time.

Not mine, straight from the owners mouth.

Guest mrbluesky
4 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Thats not true tho..they all live up dore and booze in dore..ex pros minglin with current pros..you reckon they dont talk about money?? In my local yuve allways got plenty er people guvin it large about how much theyve earned thus week..year..etc..and fletcher owns 4 properties in dore apparantly

Don`t think there`s many footballers in Pitsmoor.

9 hours ago, ANDY said:

Last time I heard Carlton open his gob. Was pre season in the Wembley play off year. He tipped us for relegation & United for promotion.

We got to Wembley, Blavdes did fe*k all that year.

Love Carlton, possibly THE most under rated player ever.

Not the brightest tool in the box though, even if you agree with what he's saying.

Just wish the 'legends' would keep their own council sometimes & let us remember them for what they did on the pitch.

We've got enough sh*t pundits & opinions on here.  😀

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Owl999 said:

The point I was making is people who move in football circles as retired professionals etc tend to hear from current professionals and agents etc the ground truth, just like the time Michael Brown let the cat out of the bag over Westwood’s contractual issue live on sky sports 

...which proved to be a complete lie from a sh*t-stirring pig, as no sooner had Jos been sacked, Westwood was back in the team.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Carlton should come off social media and shut his trap. Great footballer in his day but he is one daft lad. 

Once upon a time, late on a Saturday night. Me and a good mate, totally over served, stubledv into Palmer and his entourage.

My drinking partner got out a business card and gave it to Palmer. Carlton responded by asking if he wanted an autograph - “no mate - if you need any decorating doing give me a call”

Priceless. 
For once he didn’t know what to say. 

Like you say, a daft lad is Carlton.