Carltons view

11 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Carltons clearly been on the wine again if he thinks Fletcher is on 60k a week and Rhodes 50k.

Absolutely. Talks rubbish does, Carlton. Recently, it has been reported that fletcher is on £30k pw and Rhodes on £22k pw.

Personally, they could be on more than that but neither will be on more than £40k pw. When Fletcher initially signed, it was widely reported that he was on £35k and I think that is more accurate. 

Still an obscene amount of money and I am looking forward to seeing a playing squad on much reduced wages moving forward. 

• Like 1

Guest mkowl

If those annual salaries are anything like true then it's hardly a surprise the EFL is financially an utter mess 

It doesn't surprise me. I was party to official salary figures from be 2009 or so. Local grown players on 8k a week 

Palmer was a terrible manager and he clearly can’t do basic maths either.

How does 60 grand a week equate to 1.5m a year? 

We are not paying that in this league more like 30k a week for fletcher. He would’ve been on less had he re signed. Rhodes looks closer to 20 if that is correct. 

I agree it makes more sense to go for younger and cheaper players now with some experience mixed in but we’ve all been saying that.

Sadly that money won’t be recycled like for like as we can’t spend that any more. But we should be able to get a better quality player on a lower wage in this climate.

Edited by Bluesteel

Guest Grandad

Fans paying more than any other fans in the division clamouring for the club to pay less wages.

The brainwashing is complete

Go back to the start of this thread

Go back to the first post then start reading the posts in this thread about a genuine club legend

Have a read of the posts in this thread

About a genuine Wednesday legend and top bloke

About a Wednesday legend

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

Why would utd players run through walls when they are on Sig less than all other prem teams. I'd be talking to my agent if that was me 

More likely the Blunts would be running through doors to demand a pay rise if those figures were true. Playing in the PL on lower salaries than the majority of Championship players? I don’t think so.

I’d take a very, very large pinch of salt with all of those figures. When Carlton says they’re ‘unofficial’ that means even he knows they’re totally made up! And that’s before he fires up his Fisher-Price calculator with its random number generator!

Carlton’s apparent belief that ‘if you pay your staff less than their counterparts in rival companies they’ll try harder, perform better and thank you for it’ sounds like a sketch from Monty Python or an after dinner speech by Mike Ashley!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Go back to the start of this thread

Go back to the first post then start reading the posts in this thread about a genuine club legend

About a genuine Wednesday legend and top bloke

About a Wednesday legend

Just re-read it, and yes: the salaries are still fictitious, the maths is still wrong, and Carlton’s motivational approach (i.e. paying less whilst expecting more) is still bonkers!

Having once been a good footballer does not necessarily mean that Carlton’s opinions and mathematical abilities are to be revered.

Guest Therealrealist
21 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

And as I said in another post the other day rhodes is on 22k .

Fans will run with the 50-60k though without even checking the numbers

I’m not havin that..pay 8 mill for a player then only pay him 22k a week...double it and we are nearer the mark...believe you me