Carltons view

5 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

I’m not havin that..pay 8 mill for a player then only pay him 22k a week...double it and we are nearer the mark...believe you me

We have now seen 2 twitter posts stating hes on 22k. 

People saying "double that" is just fan theory .

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, stocksyuto said:

We have now seen 2 twitter posts stating hes on 22k. 

People saying "double that" is just fan theory .

My sources have it nearer 38k a week

3 hours ago, ANDY said:

Quite extraordinary that in the space of three tweets he goes from saying Fletcher is on £60k a week to displaying a spreadsheet whose stated salary for Fletcher (which he does "not think they are far off") is £30k a week?

Edited by StudentOwl
  • Haha 3

Guest mrbluesky
2 hours ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

No idea about Fletcher

He's bang on with Rhodes though.

Not really, not that it matters, but DC told us how much Fletcher and Rhodes were on at one of the fans forum, the figures are a few k off, not far off though 

47 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

And as I said in another post the other day rhodes is on 22k .

Fans will run with the 50-60k though without even checking the numbers

Listen very carefully

Rhodes was on 60k a week at Boro and I'm ITK on that

So Rhodes took a 38k a week haircut to come here when he could have sat up there on 60k until the end of his contract!!!

Reyt.

is palmer on the weed again? fletcher 60k a week? rhodes 50k then that other piece of paper shows bannan and rhodes earning well under tom lees and westwood? somehow not believable ,bannan when he signed his contract was wanted by many clubs ,and when we got rhodes he was on a huge contract at boro and was massively sort after as a proven goal scorer what cost a lot of money these days in wages. 

5 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Listen very carefully

So Rhodes took a 38k a week haircut to come here when he could have sat up there on 60k until the end of his contract!!!

Reyt.

he took a pay cut to come here as he was getting a 4 year deal and wanted to play for us but not from 60k to 22k no chance . my guess is nearer 40k or no lower than what fletcher was on. 

2 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Listen very carefully

Reyt.

No one cares about your theory reyt

You have people with some credibility posting on twitter of 2 clubs potential wage figures, I'd take that over a random fan on owlstalk who cant really back up what hes saying.

2 hours ago, owl4528 said:

He’s got his maths completely wrong based on that data! Although I see the points he is making and the sentiment. It is a completely different world we are now in and that compounded with our previous spending habits I can see why Fletcher and FF have to go. The best thing our chairman can do is get genuine football advisors in who are not in it for themselves.

If he hasn't learned this yet there is no hope for us. 

5 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

No one cares about your theory reyt

You have people with some credibility posting on twitter of 2 clubs potential wage figures, I'd take that over a random fan on owlstalk who cant really back up what hes saying.

Don't believe everything you read on tw@tter mate

I'd rather believe the guy who works at Middlesbrough

And no it's not Doris the tea lady either.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sheffix said:

Don't begrudge anyone earning what they can but as a society we have really lost our way when health and other essential workers are paid so little in comparison to the massive remuneration received by footballers. 

Absolutely.

Football is redicalous now, I have been following Wednesday and football in general for as long as I can remember but I CBA with it anymore, the game has being ruined by greedy people and corruption within the game.

Wasn’t our wage bill something like 42 million? I know that includes all staff, but obviously the majority of it will be playing staff. So not hard to imagine that the wages of certainly players won’t be too far off Palmers estimation. 

Eye watering. 

2 hours ago, Owl999 said:

I think Carlton has a more informed opinion than people on here give him credit for.

I like Carlton but his memory isn’t always the best and he exaggerates a tale.

On this clip here (about 1:30 in) he talks about how we isolated John Terry in the Rumbelows cup semi final in 1991. John Terry was only 10 years old in 1991

And on this one he says Nilsson marked Giggs out of the game in the 91 cup final in his first game back. It wasn’t Nilsson’s first game back and Giggs wasn’t even playing 

• Haha 3