THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Guest mkowl
8 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

It was put into March 18 accounts.

Are them the March 18 accounts dated 31 July 2018 by any chance. 

1 minute ago, striker said:

As I recall from the initial statement drafted by our lawyers, our defence is underpinned by the principle of reasonable reliance, i.e what a prudent person would believe and act upon if told by another.

EFL Sanctioned the transaction, leading to a multi million pound transaction, signed off initially on the accounts and lifted the embargo. 

The EFL may not like the mechanics of the transaction, but is lawful and HMRC compliant.

I still fail to see what we have done wrong, unless the EFL can retrospectively engineer regulations to exclude the ground sale from P&S calculations. 

So you’re saying the EFL are skint, trying dubious ways of getting hold of money, and will eventually fail, be accused of being as bent as ninepence, and told to spin on it by Mr C?

That’s my interpretation anyhow. lol

7 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

It was put into March 18 accounts.

We moved our accounting year end by 3 months from April to July which is perfectly legal but can only be done once every 5 years I believe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mogbad said:

We moved our accounting year end by 3 months from April to July which is perfectly legal but can only be done once every 5 years I believe.

Fair enough. I thought that was just an extension to submit the accounts, not extend the period. 

7 minutes ago, mogbad said:

The problem is though and classic SWFC under DC we now put ourselves behind the curve ball every season going forward.

April year end - Account end of season 

July Year end - We are back for the new season but if we are close with the losses limits, no new players can be signed until 1st August meaning we bring in players either unfit or without a preseason. 

I just think the whole extending the year end to July was a quick fix without looking at the longer term issues.

• Like 1

Just now, Sheff74 said:

Fair enough. I thought that was just an extension to submit the accounts, not extend the period. 

I believe you are allowed 9 months from the end of the accounting period to submit your accounts to Company's House. 18/19 accounts were due to be submitted by the end of April this year but I think all companies have been given a 3 month extension due to the coronavirus.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

When it thunder and lightning I always panic and think a lightning bolt will come through the roof and into my legs, and blow up my laptop too

Don't be silly. 

It is more likely to come through the electrical sockets, to your computer and shock you that way.

You're welcome.

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

When it thunder and lightning I always panic and think a lightning bolt will come through the roof and into my legs, and blow up my laptop too

It doesnt go into your legs yer daft apeth .......

10291093_10153257951486111_4679375100063024749_n.jpg.edd7b5b09575500a12f4a493b1d4efe7.jpg.649c844ef9ddb46867f1e96424551bf7.jpg.e5be882dec9c7d91109f8799827f1985.jpg

It goes up yer àrse ....

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Put your knickers back on, I said it was a guess and 'to the untrained eye'.

"20-30m at best",  quote

Seems a fairly conclusive statement to be fair!!

It's the phrase "At best".  Sort of implies a definitive maximum. No mention of "I'm guessing".

Just a thought, and in no way anything you, me or anyone will have any bearing on the case (obviously), but I know it sounds totally out of the park & outrageous, but ever thought of showing a little more moral support. It's obvious you do not like Chansiri, but even for the club's sake maybe cut back on the 'all things negative' rhetoric.

Plus no way putting them back on. That black lacy stuff of our lasses chafes like fu*k in this weather.

Edited by bigthinrob

Just now, DeeJayOne said:

Don't be silly. 

It is more likely to come through the electrical sockets, to your computer and shock you that way.

You're welcome.

It's just arrived here in Hillsborough err... I mean New York or Poland or wherever it is that I've got on my profile page at the moment....

lol

Owlstalk Shop