THE EFL HEARING THREAD

11 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

The EFL need to sort this out. 

Very soon we need to rebuild our squad. We need to get the best, most ambitious players. Are they going to join a club that might lose 12 points or worse? Nope. 

For everyone’s sake we need closure on this farce 

So they should let Chansiri off, guilty or not so that he can reshape the squad....for everyone's sake??

This club is full of ironies.

Probably no club has adhered to profit and sustainability more than SWFC over the years.

When the maximum wage was abolished in 1962, it gave carte blanche to certain clubs to hog all the best players.

These clubs had rich chairman pouring money in, whilst Wednesday stuck to the old, democratic system, relying on gates, cup runs and TV money.

In other words, on what finance the club itself generated.

When other big-city clubs lifted titles and trophies, Wednesday spent decades out of the top division for its trouble.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BeverleyOwl74 said:

To be seen to be fair, deduct 8.  Stay up on GD. 

Better make it 7 on the off chance that Wigan appeal their deduction and win!

Who is this Estoppel and can we sign him for the defence next season as well?

I'm still thinking we will come out of this hearing favourably  

albeit not having access to evidence that analysis https://www.footballlaw.co.uk/articles/the-owls-and-the-rams

sums up our possible routes to defence in legalese and what a few of us have been saying 

ie IF we have evidence that the EFL under CE Shaun Harvey waved this ground sale manoeuvre through

what did we do wrong? 

13 minutes ago, steelowl said:

Who is this Estoppel and can we sign him for the defence next season as well?

I'm still thinking we will come out of this hearing favourably  

albeit not having access to evidence that analysis https://www.footballlaw.co.uk/articles/the-owls-and-the-rams

sums up our possible routes to defence in legalese and what a few of us have been saying 

ie IF we have evidence that the EFL under CE Shaun Harvey waved this ground sale manoeuvre through

what did we do wrong? 

but why has it taken so long. If it’s as simple as us having evidence surely it would be decided quickly in our favour? 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

but why has it taken so long. If it’s as simple as us having evidence surely it would be decided quickly in our favour? 

In my experience no lawyer does in a day what can take a month 

• Like 4

On the Wigan thing, aren't the people who put them into Admin the people who are appealing their deduction? Or have the old owners left completely, cut their losses and walked away and its the administrators who are appealing it? 

On ours, I've never heard of Estoppel but it sounds good to me having looked at that article. I almost understood some of it so quite proud of myself. 

19 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

On the Wigan thing, aren't the people who put them into Admin the people who are appealing their deduction? Or have the old owners left completely, cut their losses and walked away and its the administrators who are appealing it? 

On ours, I've never heard of Estoppel but it sounds good to me having looked at that article. I almost understood some of it so quite proud of myself. 

It’s the administrator who has appealed 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Yes but a company registered to Mr C in Hong Kong?

With what is going on in Hong Kong, and the issues between the UK and China, should China decide to be awkward towards the UK, I wonder if it might impact on Mr C’s Hong Kong registered business? 

He will probably have a contingency plan.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Surely even our club wouldn’t be stupid enough to say they had emails, evidence but when it came to producing them they didn’t actually have any. 

I suppose it depends on the detail in the email.

SWFC: Can we sell the stadium at market value to another company owned by the Chairman and put it in the accounts?

EFL: Yes, it’s not against the current rules.

.........weeks later the accounts are accepted by the EFL on good faith and agreed.

..............weeks after that the EFL scrutinise the accounts and find details that are concerning,

1: The sale of the stadium appears to be backdated and submitted into the incorrect accounting year.

2: No actual monies have been transferred into the SWFC back account....as though the sale still hasn’t happened.

2: The value for the stadium seems higher than expected market values....so the EFL now want a detailed explanation.

An important factor is when the EFL agree the accounts are they expected to skim over them....so that they can be agreed in principle or is the expectation that the accounts are investigated In full before they can be agreed.

Edited by sheffsteel
  • Like 2