THE EFL HEARING THREAD

1 minute ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Because of the delay, any small deduction ( which doesn’t relegate us, would make it appear we’d got off). My guess now, is that we should be cleared, but it is possible the EFL may try to save face, and give us a points deduction (6), with our agreement, which will be applied next season. Just to bring an end to this complete farce.

not sure we'd accept that. 

for me it's guilty or not as charged.

IF it's guilty we're going to a court of law (where you will be the accused) for damages as we believe that we have written consent from a person in authority working for your body at the time, a person appointed by you, not us, and thus your responsibility.

• Like 1

I'm sure I've read somewhere that Wigan's point deduction will only apply this season if it relegates them. If not it carries over to next season. Does anyone know if the same rules applies to clubs breaking P&S rather than going into administration?

6 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Times are desperado pal lol

The delay is ridiculous  there are several cases that could affect the final standings of this season, I cannot see how they are going to sort it out close season clubs need to know budget recruitment wise by the end of the season  i can see this being a flurry of appeals and law suits a total mess 

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

We need a volunteer to abduct a Blackburn fan and get their view, maybe they are happy with their lot these days.

I dont think they've got any choice in the matter ..

Since they sold their 25 goal a season striker things seem to have gone belly up ....

525264230_giphy(22).gif.26c39bb4a8f5f8f39c1af3aa98d69b49.gif

1 minute ago, Nut said:

I'm sure I've read somewhere that Wigan's point deduction will only apply this season if it relegates them. If not it carries over to next season. Does anyone know if the same rules applies to clubs breaking P&S rather than going into administration?

If they are out of the relegation places by the last game of the season they get a -12 deduction.

If they are relegated without the deduction then that applies to League 1 next season. 

2 minutes ago, Nut said:

Their deduction will kick in depending on where they finish in the league.  If they're in the bottom 3, the deduction is next season.  If they outside the bottom 3, it'll be this season.  Total points will decide if they go up or down.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Because of the delay, any small deduction ( which doesn’t relegate us, would make it appear we’d got off). My guess now, is that we should be cleared, but it is possible the EFL may try to save face, and give us a points deduction (6), with our agreement, which will be applied next season. Just to bring an end to this complete farce.

Dont think you've quite grasped that the EFL aren't in charge of this mate. Its an independent tribunal.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

It's a panel that decide our fate, not the EFL.  We should be cleared if we've done nothing wrong, and we should be found guilty if we have broken rules.

Agreements, backroom deals, "saving face" etc is absolutely wrong (imagine if the EFL were in talks with other clubs, in private, to our detriment).  

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, A12owl said:

The Man City decision has a specific time of 9.30 am today. Why can't EFL give a specific date and time. 

Oh yes, they are inefficient. 

It's the CAS doing the City case.  It's not the EFL ruling on the Wednesday case.

8 minutes ago, steelowl said:

The delay is ridiculous  there are several cases that could affect the final standings of this season, I cannot see how they are going to sort it out close season clubs need to know budget recruitment wise by the end of the season  i can see this being a flurry of appeals and law suits a total mess 

that's why it needs announcing now, with a full explanation as to why it's taken so long.

8 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

If they are out of the relegation places by the last game of the season they get a -12 deduction.

If they are relegated without the deduction then that applies to League 1 next season. 

Thanks. Do the same rules apply to P&S though?

Ever get the sense that football is a bit flipped in this country? 

Not sure what it says where we are one of quite few who face possible points deductions and so on. Throw in the fact that other teams may cry foul if we do get off or the deduction isn't as severe as they were hoping. Likewise, do we then kick off if things dont go our way? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Not arguing against that.

But Milan ran out of the money he allocated to the investment and we saw loans secured on the stadium from 3rd parties.

One of whom was Pini Zahavi - who is closely linked with Doyen sports

Milan never had any money that he was willing to put in his plan was to bankroll the club after loaning against it. 

39 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

I seriously do not care about Man City can di marco predict our fate instead because after tomorrow night we have 2 games left.... unbelievable!

He's not going to predict our fate after representing us is he? That would land him in the smelly brown stuff and he could kiss his career good bye