THE EFL HEARING THREAD

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

I’m not feeling sorry for myself. I’m just making the point that some posters are suggesting we’re in the clear. We maybe? We maybe not? But it doesn’t stop some from having a go at the posters who posting a rumour that we all want to be true.

And as for me hating Garry Monk. Have I ever posted that? All I’m guilty of is that I don’t rate him as a manager. His record is hardly Klopp’s is it plus that comment he made yesterday about taking criticism on the chin. We both know that’s true, don’t we? 😉

Anyway you can ban me if I ever make a another negative comment about Mr Monk again. Probably for the best anyway.

Have a good day 👍

You have to understand this is a forum where all opinions are expressed.

It's not a facebook/twitter style echo chamber

If you post something others might not agree with you and will post what they think too

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

All these rumours over the last 12 hours are the reason why I never have, and never will go on Twiiter or Facebook. People sat with nowt better to do posting rubbish that others pick up on and then it snowballs until some people actually believe it. 

Agree with you totally pal. But....the guy who broke it on here ( and so probably where all the subsequent rumours originate) has a very good record of breaking news. There are only a couple of posters on here who seem to be genuinely well connected, and he is definitely one of them. So, with a pinch of salt, I’m believing there’s some good news coming.

And to console myself, I was given some info last week, that was a from a good source, and asked not to share it. I didn’t . I’m glad I didn’t because it appears to be wrong !

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If you post something others might not agree with you and will post what they think too

I understand that. I always have. Before the negs were removed, you could see on my profile that I had handed out very few negs in over 10 years of being on this site, so that proved that even though I might disagree with an opinion, I accepted their right to one.

Sarcasm has always existed on this sight. It sort of makes it what it is. Without the sense of humour a Wednesday fan generally has we’d have gone under as a fan base years ago but let’s be honest the atmospheric on here at times is as toxic as it can be in the ground and it’s because some have to be right all the time?

A lot of my opinions have been wrong in the past but anyone who has read my posts know must of the time they are measured. They haven’t been recently, I admit that but if someone can genuinely prove to me that the current manager is worth backing then I’ll lay off which I am going to do anyway TBH. 

I enjoy being on this site most of the time but I think I’ll stick to reading posts for the time being and refrain from posting for a bit?

• Love 1

Just now, Jim said:

I understand that. I always have. Before the negs were removed, you could see on my profile that I had handed out very few negs in over 10 years of being on this site, so that proved that even though I might disagree with an opinion, I accepted their right to one.

Sarcasm has always existed on this sight. It sort of makes it what it is. Without the sense of humour a Wednesday fan generally has we’d have gone under as a fan base years ago but let’s be honest the atmospheric on here at times is as toxic as it can be in the ground and it’s because some have to be right all the time?

A lot of my opinions have been wrong in the past but anyone who has read my posts know must of the time they are measured. They haven’t been recently, I admit that but if someone can genuinely prove to me that the current manager is worth backing then I’ll lay off which I am going to do anyway TBH. 

I enjoy being on this site most of the time but I think I’ll stick to reading posts for the time being and refrain from posting for a bit?

You don't have to do that at all mate! You're more than welcome to post

I was just saying that if you post about Garry Monk in every post that some people will pick up on it

lol

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, Jim said:

Sarcasm? On here??

Noooooo.... *shakes head*

Guest The Horse
9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Absolutely.
I agree.
As much as I was cursing Monk and wanting him gone when we were getting tonked by half-time, that was just the passion of the game.
In the cold light of day I can see what he's trying to do and moreso  - what he was up against in the dressing room.
I think Monk deserves a good season to himself and will indeed build us a squad to be proud of this time next year.

However, we are all allowed our views no matter how much others may not like to see them.
I've just had a look back at Jim's posts and can find no example of him showing 'hate' for Gary Monk.

"stop just hammering posts about how much you hate Garry Monk every five seconds"
You may not like what he says but he's entitled to that view without being labelled hateful.

Unless you have evidence of this hateful speech I've missed?

1 hour ago, kevtheowl said:

You said you hadn’t heard owt !! Last night. Suddenly you have lol    UTO 

You told me Kev 

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Getting slapped for it now, pick a fight with someone, pretend to get offended then ban them.

It's the owlstalk way

1 minute ago, The Horse said:

Absolutely.
I agree.
As much as I was cursing Monk and wanting him gone when we were getting tonked by half-time, that was just the passion of the game.
In the cold light of day I can see what he's trying to do and moreso  - what he was up against in the dressing room.
I think Monk deserves a good season to himself and will indeed build us a squad to be proud of this time next year.

However, we are all allowed our views no matter how much others may not like to see them.
I've just had a look back at Jim's posts and can find no example of him showing 'hate' for Gary Monk.

"stop just hammering posts about how much you hate Garry Monk every five seconds"
You may not like what he says but he's entitled to that view without being labelled hateful.

Unless you have evidence of this hateful speech I've missed?

Still need convincing he is the right man for the job, but like that he has had a change of mind on the style of play and now that he has cleared out some players he might be able to mould the club more his way. 

14 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Agree with you totally pal. But....the guy who broke it on here ( and so probably where all the subsequent rumours originate) has a very good record of breaking news. There are only a couple of posters on here who seem to be genuinely well connected, and he is definitely one of them. So, with a pinch of salt, I’m believing there’s some good news coming.

And to console myself, I was given some info last week, that was a from a good source, and asked not to share it. I didn’t . I’m glad I didn’t because it appears to be wrong !

Who was it who broke the news on here pal?