Sheffield Wednesday vs Forest : Official Matchday Thread

Ahhh Saturday morning as it should be, bit of brekkie, cuppa tea, reading  owlstalk OMDT and getting ready for a skin full of cider to watch the super owls. I mean what could possibly spoil such a day? 

Brilliant read as always Snoots. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

getting ready for a skin full of cider to watch the super owls. 

British follow-up to A Fistful of Dollars and A Fistful of Dynamite.

Loved Fistful of Dynamite. Under-rated. Rod Steiger was perfect, and what a soundtrack.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

British follow-up to A Fistful of Dollars and A Fistful of Dynamite.

Loved Fistful of Dynamite. Under-rated. Rod Steiger was perfect, and what a soundtrack.

The follow up will be "a bladder full of pïss" 

• Haha 7

Let’s see if I can sneak out of the trenches, make this point and crawl back to safety without being noticed...

....if we beat Forest, and Preston and Bristol City don’t win at Luton and Blackburn,  and we beat Bristol City next weekend, and we beat Preston in July, and Fletcher stays fit, and Dawson gets his confidence back, and Monk keeps a winning line-up, and Borner or Lees get the cement off their studs, and Harris shoots under the bar, and if Luongo stays fit, if Reach has found those old shooting boots, if Lee has got his Samson-stamina back, if Murphy keeps that “recent” form, if quiet stadia suit Bannan, if Rhodes finds one of those old cant-miss runs....this time next year Rodney?

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Had a dream last night we lost 3-0. I've not missed fearing the worst every Saturday morning though.

I dreamt we won 2-1 after extra time - Richard Walden scoring the winner with an overhead kick

... cheese at bedtime  :unsure:

• Haha 1

Fantastic omdt, it feels like a proper sat morning again, let's hope the team have realised how lucky they are to play for this great club and play with the spirit of all those that have suffered and have lost there lives...... Wawaw

Edited by Hodgyowl
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

When your football team cause you more anxiety than a global pandemic, you know you're a Wednesday fan.

Mid table, hardly exhilarating football so far this season, but now got a knot in my stomach ! WHY ?
Welcome back m’lud. 
Saturdays are getting back to normal, so come 5 o’clock I’m expecting a bout of depression !
C’mon Wednesday, let’s have a NEW NORMAL.

• Love 1

32 minutes ago, Hodgyowl said:

Fantastic omdt, it feels like a proper sat morning again, let's hope the team have realised how lucky they are to play for this great club and play with the spirit of all those that have suffered and have lost there lives...... Wawaw

What variety of cheese? I need to try some. Boring old cheddar is my favourite,

Theres an idea for the dressing room section. What’s your favourite cheese? Anyone want to set up a poll?

We are back.

think today will be a poor first half, concede early on in second half as one goes under the goalie again. Get the big man on , load it up there, last minute equaliser and injury time winner.

monk in , new contract for Adthe , love DC, love this club, didn’t Joey play well, Rhodes still has it.