Sheffield Wednesday vs Forest : Official Matchday Thread

Welcome back MiLord. Glad to hear you've survived lockdown. Stubbs probably could have got past the old bill by saying he was visiting someone in need of care. We all know you can't pour your own splosh without spilling some especially by the 5th glass. Or he could have 'walked his dog' past your place...

Onto the football.

It's feeling like a proper Saturday now but reading this thread so far has just reminded me how poor we were.  I'm going to be watching but without much confidence. Sorry everyone ☹️.

UTO

• Thanks 1

There's not much between all the clubs in the Championship.

Not sure if home advantage will mean owt - watched a bit of the Norwich game and they didn't seem to benefit. Thought their PA people got the crowd noise all wrong OOs and Aahs when Southampton had shots on goal blocked, couldn't have very reassuring for the Norwich defenders.

• Haha 1

My biggest concern is that away teams seem to be doing better in this strange version of football. 

Forest aren't all that and don't overly concern me, on paper our strongest 11 certainly comparable. 

I've no idea how to call this game,  I suppose if we are less poo  than before lockdown, that would be progress?

1-0 to Wednesday 

• Like 1

Welcome back Pauli, I love your matchday threads. Haven’t read it yet but I bet it’s ace. Will read it later over a gin and tonic and canapés. 

How is Tay Tay and the shadow llama? How have they been coping with coronavirus? Has Tay Tay written a song about it yet?

Anyhow, the football, reckon it’ll be The Wednesday 23 Florist 0 (Nuhiu 22, Hidalgo).

Off for a proper half time dump later. Wife organised an appointment for 3pm to take stuff to the dump. Oh what a mischievous little imp she is. She’ll be giggling away to herself under the patio tonight no doubt.

Edited by theowlsman

Ifollow pass purchased, I have a good feeling about today. However, this is Wednesday and anything can happen.

Be great to see the likes of Luongo back on the pitch. Saturday may not be back properly but it finally has some structure.

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, doubleo said:

but now got a knot in my stomach ! WHY ?

Did you go round Maxine's for dinner?

Obviously hope between now and the end of the season we do enough to survive and be a championship team next season. However I still will want the majority of these out of contract players out of the club at the end of the season, don’t fall for any fake performance Monk from the players that want new deals. 

Glad Kieran Lee, Ninja Warrior, got a contract extension. 

A fully fit and back to form Lee enables us to play attractive, passing, fluid, sharp, sexy, football.

He keeps the ball moving, provides runs, creates space, sees passes early, and gets into positions up top to help out when we attack.

My favourite player when on form. I like the way he plays the game. One of the few intelligent players we have. Hooper was another while he was here. Always making the right runs into the right places to create space for others to utilise.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Glad Kieran Lee, Ninja Warrior, got a contract extension. 

A fully fit and back to form Lee enables us to play attractive, passing, fluid, sharp, sexy, football.

He keeps the ball moving, provides runs, creates space, sees passes early, and gets into positions up top to help out when we attack.

My favourite player when on form. I like the way he plays the game. One of the few intelligent players we have. Hooper was another while he was here. Always making the right runs into the right places to create space for others to utilise.

Unfortunately it’s been a few years since we have seen that Lee you describe. 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Unfortunately it’s been a few years since we have seen that Lee you describe. 

That’s why I said a fully fit and back to form enables us to.....

I’m hoping with the extra time he’s had, he’s now fully fit, and can rediscover his top form, so I can post on here smugly saying I told you so, which is normally the outcome of my predictions. 

lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

That’s why I said a fully fit and back to form enables us to.....

I’m hoping with the extra time he’s had, he’s now fully fit, and can rediscover his top form, so I can post on here smugly saying I told you so, which is normally the outcome of my predictions. 

lol

ha ha I hope you can say that 🙂 completely agree he is a very clever and quality player (well he was). If he could get back to anything like that he deserves a new one year deal, if he carries on the way he has been unfortunately I think it’s time he was let go. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Owls_fan_since_1983 said:

Will the programme guy be there today.   

He'll be at home wandering round his garden shouting 'Programmes 3 quid'.

You'll still be able to hear him though.

Wherever you are.....

• Like 1