Confirmed - OOC players not eligible from July 1st

Guest Grandad

11 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Can Penny be involved in any of our games this season?

According to this it doesn't seem likely

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2020/june/matt-penney-extends-owls-contract-for-202021/

The last bit says

Following the conclusion of the 2019/20 campaign, Penney will return to Middlewood Road to be part of the preparations for the 2020/21 season.

51 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I really hope the club aren’t daft enough to hand out many more new contracts. Now is the chance to get rid of the deadwood, people like Westwood and Hutchinson are guaranteed to leave but people like Nuhiu, Lee have to go as well. Have a bad feeling Nuhiu will get a new deal. None of them have probably said they won’t play because they know they are on to a good thing here and are hoping to fool the club in to giving them new deals. 

And replace them with?

Short term deals will needed for practical reasons

7 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Great logic.

Who are we going to get in before 30th June to enable us to fulfil fixtures? ( if we restart)

Without people like Westwood, Hutchinson, Lee, Nuhiu and Winnall we would manage fine imo. They don’t exactly play a big part do they. 

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Without people like Westwood, Hutchinson, Lee, Nuhiu and Winnall we would manage fine imo. They don’t exactly play a big part do they

They might have to with so many games in such a short period and players not really match fit.

• Like 1

Would expect clubs to recall their "out on loan" players to fill the spots left by their own out of contract players.. (or am I missing some clause/detail with this thought?)

That being said, if it's pretty much a level playing field as far as teams losing loan and out of contract players - teams may be forced to run out some of their up and coming youngsters... 

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

I have to say I like most focus on my club but the though of how this affect other club has just led me to look.

Leeds United have 5 loan players with their loans ended 30 June - Harrison, White, Costa, Meslier, Agustin they also have Berardi out of contract.

West Brom have 5 loans Krovinovic, Diangana, Pereira, Willock, Robinson, then they have brunt, Robson kanu, Peltier, Barry, Al Habsi, Edwards, Bond.

Fulham have 5 loans Knockaet, Arter, Reid, Reed, Kongolo then have Odio, Kebano, De La Torre, Archer.

This is not just going to affect us the top 3 teams in the league could all lose up to 10 players each, not including youth players.

That's just crazy. No way is the end of this season going to be any kind of fair process.

If all out contract and loaners leave at end of June we would struggle for strikers but could otherwise field a pretty reasonable team. ...... until the usual crop of injuries.

I think most teams will be in similar position though 

Dawson 

Odubajo Iorfa Borner Palmer.    
Luongo Pelupessy Bannan Reach

Rhodes Harris

subs Wildsmith Uhrogidi Lees  Van Aken Penney Hunt  Borukov

Think I heard extra subs can be used til season ends 

• Like 1

Guest paulvcooke
5 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Can Penny be involved in any of our games this season?

No, players on loan at another club are registered to that club, even if they return to the parent club, they cannot be re-registerd to their parent club until the transfer windows opens (at the end of the season).

2 hours ago, Whitecap Owl said:

Would expect clubs to recall their "out on loan" players to fill the spots left by their own out of contract players.. (or am I missing some clause/detail with this thought?)

That being said, if it's pretty much a level playing field as far as teams losing loan and out of contract players - teams may be forced to run out some of their up and coming youngsters... 

Loan players stay until the end of the season, I think the EFL have extended loans until the season ends, suppose its up to them if they play

Guest paulvcooke
2 hours ago, Whitecap Owl said:

They would not be able to play for their parent clubs even if they were recalled/returned.

39 minutes ago, Blatter said:

If all out contract and loaners leave at end of June we would struggle for strikers but could otherwise field a pretty reasonable team. ...... until the usual crop of injuries.

I think most teams will be in similar position though 

Dawson 

Odubajo Iorfa Borner Palmer.    
Luongo Pelupessy Bannan Reach

Rhodes Harris

subs Wildsmith Uhrogidi Lees  Van Aken Penney Hunt  Borukov

Think I heard extra subs can be used til season ends 

Think I would go for something like this

Dawson 

Lees   Iorfa   Borner  

Odubajo  Hunt  Luongo  Bannan   
        Harris    Rhodes   Reach 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dooogs said:

This feels a bit like our 95-96 Intertoto Cup campaign (except that the consequences of screwing this up will be rather more serious)...

What would be the equivalent of drafting in John Pearson for a game? I guess Steve MacLean has just been released by Hearts.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Think I would go for something like this

Dawson 

Lees   Iorfa   Borner  

Odubajo  Hunt  Luongo  Bannan   
        Harris    Rhodes   Reach 

I thought about that formation and lineup but have never rated Lees in a three man back line or Bannan playing wide left. I think it’s a reasonable team to field though bearing in mind our opponents will be affected similarly.