Confirmed - OOC players not eligible from July 1st

Guest Grandad

Guest Grandad

@swfcsc asks: Will the out of contract players be eligible for the July games?

DH: As things stand, no. Their deals expire at the end of June.

I expect there to be an announcement on that issue from the EFL sooner rather than later. There has to be because it affects so many clubs.

The good news from a Wednesday perspective is that all of the out of contract players have taken part in contract training. None of them have told Monk they are unwilling to play should the season restart on June 20.

id imagine this will effect some clubs more than others ,some clubs inc ours will have less than half players available come july 1st . just don't understand why season wasn't voided , and all clubs go into administration rid themselves of debt what the players wages would almost certainly bankrupt most clubs. its all a farce. teams will get relegated or promoted because of another of other clubs losing 50% of players . 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Contract training? Is that really a thing?

Of course it is. When your contract for mega-bucks per week is framed on your wall you want to make sure your signature looks real cool!

lol

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

When do the loan payers deals expire? 

usually till end of regular season and sometimes till playoff final date. both have passed and murphy is at training ground so is wickham , who is paying there wages now? surely we aint paying wickham 25k a week to extend his loan?

11 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

When do the loan payers deals expire? 

It is an interesting one that.

Are they with us until the end of the season or just to the original end date of the season.

I have to say I like most focus on my club but the though of how this affect other club has just led me to look.

Leeds United have 5 loan players with their loans ended 30 June - Harrison, White, Costa, Meslier, Agustin they also have Berardi out of contract.

West Brom have 5 loans Krovinovic, Diangana, Pereira, Willock, Robinson, then they have brunt, Robson kanu, Peltier, Barry, Al Habsi, Edwards, Bond.

Fulham have 5 loans Knockaet, Arter, Reid, Reed, Kongolo then have Odio, Kebano, De La Torre, Archer.

This is not just going to affect us the top 3 teams in the league could all lose up to 10 players each, not including youth players.

I really hope the club aren’t daft enough to hand out many more new contracts. Now is the chance to get rid of the deadwood, people like Westwood and Hutchinson are guaranteed to leave but people like Nuhiu, Lee have to go as well. Have a bad feeling Nuhiu will get a new deal. None of them have probably said they won’t play because they know they are on to a good thing here and are hoping to fool the club in to giving them new deals. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I really hope the club aren’t daft enough to hand out many more new contracts. Now is the chance to get rid of the deadwood, people like Westwood and Hutchinson are guaranteed to leave but people like Nuhiu, Lee have to go as well. Have a bad feeling Nuhiu will get a new deal. None of them have probably said they won’t play because they know they are on to a good thing here and are hoping to fool the club in to giving them new deals. 

If Westwood see out the remainder of his contract he will play again for the club as the way Monk is currently managing the team he won't last till next season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest freerole
35 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

usually till end of regular season and sometimes till playoff final date. both have passed and murphy is at training ground so is wickham , who is paying there wages now? surely we aint paying wickham 25k a week to extend his loan?

Connor Wickham. Completely forgot he existed.

22 minutes ago, room0035 said:

If Westwood see out the remainder of his contract he will play again for the club as the way Monk is currently managing the team he won't last till next season.

I think you will find it's Sky with the assistance of EFL that are currently managing all teams at present.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1