Confirmed - OOC players not eligible from July 1st

Guest Grandad

its called restart the league so we can get sky tv cash ,nothing to do with fans or integrity . if no money was in it then it would have been voided. there is nothing fair about having some clubs with less than half there players available after june 30th ,even the dreaded average points system is fairer than this. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

its called restart the league so we can get sky tv cash ,nothing to do with fans or integrity . if no money was in it then it would have been voided. there is nothing fair about having some clubs with less than half there players available after june 30th ,even the dreaded average points system is fairer than this. 

I hated the idea of the points per game system but as you say, how can it be fair to play around half a dozen games without potentially half of a first team or more ruled out contractually. 

Surely the EFL will just allow clubs to extend out of contract players deals until the end of the season. Don’t really know what else they can do. For me the season shouldn’t even be restarting but those money grabbing tw@ts seem determined. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Surely the EFL will just allow clubs to extend out of contract players deals until the end of the season. Don’t really know what else they can do. For me the season shouldn’t even be restarting but those money grabbing tw@ts seem determined. 

That is one of the options but has to be decided by June 23rd for them to be able to play in July. Players who have a contract lined up with someone else or won't be getting a new longer term deal might well choose not to bother. 

47 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

That is one of the options but has to be decided by June 23rd for them to be able to play in July. Players who have a contract lined up with someone else or won't be getting a new longer term deal might well choose not to bother. 

the only person I’m really wanting to stay is Fletcher. Fox and FF not to bothered either way. Rest of them can go ASAP for me. 

• Like 1

Just because the clubs want to renew short term doesn't mean the players will accept.

Why sign on a short term deal when you know you'll be released at the end of it? Why put a move to another club in jeopardy? You really think player's agents will be encouraging them to sign up and do clubs a favour? 

No chance imo. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Just because the clubs want to renew short term doesn't mean the players will accept.

Why sign on a short term deal when you know you'll be released at the end of it? Why put a move to another club in jeopardy? You really think player's agents will be encouraging them to sign up and do clubs a favour? 

No chance imo. 

Exactly, You have a deal lined up elsewhere and are being asked to finish the season. Moral dilema in that you've been paid full salary for a couple of months through no fault of you're own, yet you are being asked to complete the season for a club who has released you and club xyz are prepared to give you a 1-2-3 year deal. Now ask yourself this. Would you risk it? or do you owe the club? morally of course. 

The other scenario is you don't have a deal lined up right now, but, do you risk a potentially career ending injury or be out for goodness knows how long potentially screwing up any chance of a move from a club who has deemed you surplus to requirements.

Guest paulvcooke
16 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

There is nothing stopping any club offering any out of contract player a one month extension to their current contract, but will many players accept this, considering some have already been told they are on their way? As others have said, I doubt any out of contract players will do this, not just at swfc but at all clubs. 

Guest paulvcooke
2 hours ago, SiJ said:

No chance imo. 

Totally agree, there is zero incentive for out of contract players to accept a short term deal, they will just let their deals expire and start looking for a new club or start work (training I imagine) with their new club on the first of July.

2 minutes ago, paulvcooke said:

There is nothing stopping any club offering any out of contract player a one month extension to their current contract, but will many players accept this, considering some have already been told they are on their way? As others have said, I doubt any out of contract players will do this, not just at swfc but at all clubs. 

yeah agree with you. I just hope we don’t end up giving players new longer term contracts just to make them stay for another couple of months. Hopefully DC doesn’t see the club and players as such a big family any more that he wants to keep together. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

I am pretty relaxed about this.

We can get by without any of the out of contract players.  Won't be easy but given we were awful with those players in the team we can't get much worse.

Saying that I would give Adthe 2 more years just to annoy our fans.

• Haha 1

I think something will be sorted, it simply has to be to stop the resumption turning into a farce?

But just in case, something isn’t sorted. This is the squad our current managerial genius has to select from

GK’s. Calamity Cam, Wildsmith, Westwood.

RB’s. Palmer, Odubajo.

LB’s. Maybe Palmer or Reach?

CB’s. Iorfa, Lees, Borner, Urgohide.

CM’s. Luongo, Bannan, Hunt, The Invisible Man.

LW & RW’s. Harris, Reach

Fwds. Rhodes

Maybe a few youngsters to add to the list but as I don’t know the contract situation of the likes of Preston, Borukov, Shaw etc., I’ve left them out.

To say the above line-up is scary is an understatement.

4 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Has there been any official statement on weather loan players will br staying after 30th June or not? 

I don't know if this has been answered but surely the parent club may need these players if they are still in contract.

• Thanks 1

If they have another deal lined up then it’s a no brainer, they won’t play in July and might opt out earlier .

However if they haven’t then there is the incentive of putting themselves in the shop window because there will be a lot of players without contracts.

If they signed for a month and did well then they might win a new contract here.

Obviously this is set against the risk of getting injured but it is worth considering and to be honest I don’t think many of ours will have jobs to go to 

7 hours ago, Jim said:

I think something will be sorted, it simply has to be to stop the resumption turning into a farce?

But just in case, something isn’t sorted. This is the squad our current managerial genius has to select from

GK’s. Calamity Cam, Wildsmith, Westwood.

RB’s. Palmer, Odubajo.

LB’s. Maybe Palmer or Reach?

CB’s. Iorfa, Lees, Borner, Urgohide.

CM’s. Luongo, Bannan, Hunt, The Invisible Man.

LW & RW’s. Harris, Reach

Fwds. Rhodes

Maybe a few youngsters to add to the list but as I don’t know the contract situation of the likes of Preston, Borukov, Shaw etc., I’ve left them out.

To say the above line-up is scary is an understatement.

Shaw has another year. Borukov and Preston are at the end of their contract.  A number of U23s have been told they are released like Stobbs.  No word yet if Borukov and Preston are among them.