Confirmed - OOC players not eligible from July 1st

Guest Grandad

2 hours ago, paulvcooke said:

I'll be amazed if any out of contract players play for their ex-employers after the expiration of their contracts.

On the 1st of July they are not 'their clubs' anymore, just a club the used to player for.

Imagine if they get injured, would they be insured?

May be proved wrong, but I think they would be mad to play for free for a club that was about to make them unemployed anyway.

Take the emotion of them being footballers out of it and just think of it as another job from an employment point of view.

Would this be tolerated or I've seen some expected of them to work for free in any other occupation?

I don't expect to see any out of contract swfc players to play or even work for the club after 30th June, and I can't think of one good reason why they should. 

What about the hundreds of thousands some have been paid whilst sat at home for the last 3 months  ,isn't that a good reason to play on  ?

Or perhaps the club may offer them another couple of months ,bringing in a miserable 200k to their already  large kitty 

Guest paulvcooke
1 hour ago, scram said:

Players don't think like that - rightly

They're not gonna be like "well i've been here 3 years and they have decided not to offer me a new contract - but hey! i've got another 4 weeks to change their mind"

There will a be a LOT of players out of work - for sure

Some may play on for another month just out of pragmatism for another month's pay

I'm guessing a lot will not jeopardise the potential of a longer term deal just to secure another months pay 

Totally agree.

out of contract and loan player deals starting to happen. Harry Wilson extended his loan at Bournemouth yesterday, rumours in the press today that Lallana will signa short extension at Liverpool

Guessing that once the formal clarification of what is going to happen, EFL vote in the next couple of days, all clubs will know exactly where they stand as far as completing the league is concerned

Guest Grandad
2 hours ago, northeastowl said:

Howson tweeted last night saying Hidalgo will be involved in the first team after 1st July as we'll be down to just Jordan Rhodes when contracts and loans expire

Fixed that