Confirmed - OOC players not eligible from July 1st

Guest Grandad

2 minutes ago, Blatter said:

I thought about that formation and lineup but have never rated Lees in a three man back line or Bannan playing wide left. I think it’s a reasonable team to field though bearing in mind our opponents will be affected similarly.

Yeah I’m not sure about Lees anymore, but I do like Bannan wide left I think that’s where we saw the best of him under Carlos with Hutch, Lopez or Lee in the middle. Maybe as Bannan takes on less responsibility when not in the middle. 

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yeah I’m not sure about Lees anymore, but I do like Bannan wide left I think that’s where we saw the best of him under Carlos with Hutch, Lopez or Lee in the middle. Maybe as Bannan takes on less responsibility when not in the middle. 

I get all of that but I’m not sure the replacements for Lopez Hutch /Lee are capable of giving Bannan free rein out left. A lot will depend on Luongo staying fit and young Hunt coming good.

• Like 1

We are talking a whole different scenario now to when Bannan played left under Carlos

The possession game under Carlos gave us control of the ball so that players had time to rotate.

Lee making forward runs, Hooper dropping while Bannan and Wallace come into the middle can only happen if you have possession.  If the opposition has the ball you have to cover wherever your opponent goes.

Our wide players are wingers now, spend a lot of time covering the fullbacks. Not Bannan’s game and to be honest if we put him wide he wouldn’t get a kick because we wouldn’t have the ball.

14 hours ago, Blatter said:

If all out contract and loaners leave at end of June we would struggle for strikers but could otherwise field a pretty reasonable team. ...... until the usual crop of injuries.

I think most teams will be in similar position though 

Dawson 

Odubajo Iorfa Borner Palmer.    
Luongo Pelupessy Bannan Reach

Rhodes Harris

subs Wildsmith Uhrogidi Lees  Van Aken Penney Hunt  Borukov

Think I heard extra subs can be used til season ends 

Penney and Van Aken won't be available.

13 hours ago, Blatter said:

I thought about that formation and lineup but have never rated Lees in a three man back line or Bannan playing wide left. I think it’s a reasonable team to field though bearing in mind our opponents will be affected similarly.

Loan players will be staying as well

15 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Think I would go for something like this

Dawson 

Lees   Iorfa   Borner  

Odubajo  Hunt  Luongo  Bannan   
        Harris    Rhodes   Reach 

I agree these would be our best remaining players, though potentially with Wildsmith in goal. And perhaps Reach as a wing back 

Wildsmith  

Lees   Iorfa   Borner  

Odubajo  Hunt  Luongo  Bannan Reach  
                      Harris  Rhodes   

Edited by Southie_Owl
  • Like 1

Would the club be able to offer short-term contracts to players - month extension? Does make me wonder if all the recent ills since Xmas have been down to contractual issues. Mention previously that some players were on automatic extension triggers when they had played so many games in a season. Could this be the reason why the likes of Hutch were dropped when seemingly fit and previously played consistently in a number of games? Could this be the reason why JP has just had an extension accepted - not a case that the club want him but they are contractually bound to extending him?

9 hours ago, Grandad said:

Looking at the list Dom Howson created, think this is who's left available for July

20200607_092140.thumb.jpg.bf22851c019bf04bc4507a9af3da8b8e.jpg

Almost right,

Add Forestieri to the list of available left-backs from July on the proviso that his new contracts stipulates this is the only position he will be considered for - he enjoyed it so much when Monk picked him at wing-back for one of our last games! lol

Like most things with the EFL, there doesn't seem to have been a great deal of thought gone into any of this.

Season due to restart on June 20. Apparently, the Championship clubs found out at the same time as the rest of us? How can that be the case? Shambles.

Still haven't addressed the issue that they'll be a plethora of players who will be out of contract within 10-days of the season restarting.

What a shitshow.

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Like most things with the EFL, there doesn't seem to have been a great deal of thought gone into any of this.

Season due to restart on June 20. Apparently, the Championship clubs found out at the same time as the rest of us? How can that be the case? Shambles.

Still haven't addressed the issue that they'll be a plethora of players who will be out of contract within 10-days of the season restarting.

What a shitshow.

Yep, restart the league to complete the season for the integrity of the competition. Having the players available to complete the season that the clubs signed for that purpose is integral to that integrity!