In other news this could get very messy for football everywhere

Coincidence ......

Manchester United have announced their debt has risen close to £430 million in their latest financial figures. The Premier League club's third quarter results revealed net debt has increased by £127.4m to £429.1m as football across Europe comes to terms with the coronavirus pandemic.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Coincidence ......

Manchester United have announced their debt has risen close to £430 million in their latest financial figures. The Premier League club's third quarter results revealed net debt has increased by £127.4m to £429.1m as football across Europe comes to terms with the coronavirus pandemic.

Shame innit

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Coincidence ......

I bet you that they would be exempt from any FFP rules.... whiners..

7 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Coincidence ......

My heart bleeds 

30 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

My heart bleeds 

As much as we chuckle, I don’t think it effects the pecking order. Their financial team / owners will makes some adjustments and they will carry on as before. 
Maybe Covid will force clubs to pay lower wages for years, but it won’t level the playing field.

Add to which,  they’re no longer the big fish (I know, your heart bleeds).

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

On the Football Manager thing on it own - that could get pretty messy if other clubs follow Man United's lead (and you can guarantee they will)

Think they might wait until the outcome of the case first. Don't football manager have to licence the rights like games such as FIFA and PES have to?

Interesting that Man Utd have just discover this with Football Manager having been on the go for many years......

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Think they might wait until the outcome of the case first. Don't football manager have to licence the rights like games such as FIFA and PES have to?

Interesting that Man Utd have just discover this with Football Manager having been on the go for many years......

Yeah exactly it's mad isn't it?

How could Football Manager possibly be published without all the licences and permissions beforehand?

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, scilly owl said:

The most self obsessed, unknowlegable , temporary, disappointing, glory hunting, only child, spoiled brat football supporters I have ever met have been Man.Yoo morons.

Too much ?

Not at all. I concur. 

The most apt response for this could be if Football Manager, FIFA, the BBC Website, international newspapers, etc. all lost permission to use the term Manchester United.

Hence a load of substitutes like 'Manchester Reds', 'Melchester Rovers', 'Mancunian Devils', 'Mr Potato Noodles FC' being employed.

And Manchester United's share price falling off a cliff, as seeing as they no longer play in the Champions League, and the resulting confusion in Asia over the actual name of the team meaning all their die-hard fans over there forgetting the name of the team that they all support so passionately, until their 'brand awareness' dwindles to a few die hard fanatics in Surrey.

• Haha 1