In other news this could get very messy for football everywhere

10 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

As much as we chuckle, I don’t think it effects the pecking order. Their financial team / owners will makes some adjustments and they will carry on as before. 
Maybe Covid will force clubs to pay lower wages for years, but it won’t level the playing field.

Add to which,  they’re no longer the big fish (I know, your heart bleeds).

If anything I think it will widen the gap between the bigger clubs and the rest. Only those with money will attempt to buy the cream of the crop whereas the rest will be very wary in the transfer market for a long time yet. That debt attributed to Man Utd in terms of relativeness to the club size is nothing compared to smaller clubs going out of business completely. 

16 hours ago, scilly owl said:

The most self obsessed, unknowlegable , temporary, disappointing, glory hunting, only child, spoiled brat football supporters I have ever met have been Man.Yoo morons.

Too much ?

Nope you are bang on

Add in the we make our money mantra which gives them the right to spend money. And pointing out how other clubs spend more completely ignoring context

And they hate it when smaller clubs do as they just buy success.

Insufferable  

It is systematic of the greed of clubs that they would rather remove their name and image from a game enjoyed by millions rather than receive no money.

And I use the word "their" very loosely. Ask 99% of the fans of any club they would want their club to be involved in football manager with zero revenue. Unfortunately those in charge are leeches and look for money for nothing.

It seems bizarre that owners would prefer name and no revenue to no name and no revenue.

For what its worth; clubs obviously receive nothing directly from football manager, however I would assume the game makers need to pay for licenses for the leagues themselves does this not drip down to clubs however limited the revenue may be?

On 22/05/2020 at 19:45, ANDY said:

Coincidence ......

Manchester United have announced their debt has risen close to £430 million in their latest financial figures. The Premier League club's third quarter results revealed net debt has increased by £127.4m to £429.1m as football across Europe comes to terms with the coronavirus pandemic.

And being investigated by the UK tax authorities. 

Screenshot_20200523_195207.jpg

Guest wilyfox
23 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Juventus are called Zebre on it due to licensing issues. 

Man United be called The Cuńts or something.

Good call.

On 22/05/2020 at 19:53, scilly owl said:

The most self obsessed, unknowlegable , temporary, disappointing, glory hunting, only child, spoiled brat football supporters I have ever met have been Man.Yoo morons.

Too much ?

Think you found about the right level probably a tad generous. 

Most of them seem surprised to know that there are other leagues in the UK

How far do you go with this though? If FM has to pay to say Man U, what about the telly, the papers, the radio, me and you? Will I have to send them 10p every time we say “ I flipping hate hate Man U”

On 22/05/2020 at 19:53, scilly owl said:

Too much ?

They make me sick how they just say united and expect everyone to know it’s Man U they are talking about. It’s as though it an exclusive name for gods sake there are thousands of other Uniteds. 

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

How far do you go with this though? If FM has to pay to say Man U, what about the telly, the papers, the radio, me and you? Will I have to send them 10p every time we say “ I flipping hate hate Man U”

Exactly

And if Manchester United DO get away with doing this and make money from it, I'll give you three guesses what every other club in the world will do...

Owlstalk Shop

Agreed, i'd just erase them from the game if thats what they want.  They would lose so much advertising and goodwill.  Kids not being able to manage them would push them towards other clubs as well.

3 hours ago, Howards back said:

They make me sick how they just say united and expect everyone to know it’s Man U they are talking about. It’s as though it an exclusive name for gods sake there are thousands of other Uniteds. 

True enough. There are so many irritating things about Man. Yooo “ supporters. Another one is the hopeless excuses that they come up with for being a genuine fan.

”My uncle was George Bests postman”

” I said to my Dad that the first team that I see on Match of the Day I will support for the rest of my life “

The one that really exposes them goes like this,

” So you like football then”

”Yeah” 

“Where are you from”

”Bristol”

”So is it Rovers or City then?”

”It’s Man Yooo actually “

”Why don’t you support one of the Bristol clubs?”

”Because they’re rubbish “

That about sums them up. Tvvats

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, scilly owl said:

True enough. There are so many irritating things about Man. Yooo “ supporters. Another one is the hopeless excuses that they come up with for being a genuine fan.

”My uncle was George Bests postman”

” I said to my Dad that the first team that I see on Match of the Day I will support for the rest of my life “

The one that really exposes them goes like this,

” So you like football then”

”Yeah” 

“Where are you from”

”Bristol”

”So is it Rovers or City then?”

”It’s Man Yooo actually “

”Why don’t you support one of the Bristol clubs?”

”Because they’re rubbish “

That about sums them up. Tvvats

I much prefer them than Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal fans.

We really have no beef with them and the ones from Manchester are diehard reds.  And their away fans always make a racket.

Theres very few Manyoo fans in Sheffield cos they'd just get told if the'yre older than 15.  If you have to work with them they're usually from Doncaster or somewhere else with no ingrained football culture.

And I reckon Old Trafford is my favourite stadium I've been to...I'd love to go to a play off final there.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE