BREAKING - EFL Statement

Guest Grandad

11 minutes ago, Skyline said:

What does this mean?

a. Final divisional placings should be determined on unweighted points per game (if required).

I assume that means that some of the ideas about factoring in the remaining schedule (number of home games, strength of opponents, current form etc) will not be considered and that it is a simple matter of dividing the current number of points by games played thus far.

Guest The Claw
11 minutes ago, Skyline said:

What does this mean?

a. Final divisional placings should be determined on unweighted points per game (if required).

Rick Parry saying I can if I want cos its my choice, stamps feet!

I’m still expecting legal action from some clubs. It’s inevitable. As I’ve said before a match doesn’t get completed then it gets re-played at a later date. Should be the same for a season. In this case it just becomes next season. PPG is just like D&L in cricket and that gets lambasted by some.

2 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

We will probably vote end it.....unless we suddenly get hit with a 10 point penalty.

How can we, Derby and Birmingham realistically make an informed decision without knowing what our points per game is due to the potential of points deductions?

Vote to end it now, get. 30 point deduction and effectively vote for our own relegation

1 minute ago, nbupperthongowl said:

How can we, Derby and Birmingham realistically make an informed decision without knowing what our points per game is due to the potential of points deductions?

Vote to end it now, get. 30 point deduction and effectively vote for our own relegation

As opposed to voting to carry on and getting a 30 point deduction?  If you're looking at 30 points you're down no matter what.  I don't believe you can get that big a deduction though.  I think it's 21, but still.

Just not bothered...

28 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

So you'd have to think votes would look something like:

Leeds - End it

WBA - End it

Fulham - Play on

Brentford - End it

Forest - End it

Preston - End it

Bristol City - Play on

Millwall - Play on

Cardiff - Play on

Blackburn - Play on

Swansea - Play on

Derby - Play on

QPR - Play on

Reading - End it

Wednesday - End it

Birmingham - End it

Stoke - End it

Hudds - End it

Boro - End it

Wigan - End it

Hull - End it

Charlton - Play on

Luton - Play on

Barnsley - Play on

So by that count I have Play on = 11, End it = 13.

It's on a knife edge!

Hard to predict what Chansiri would vote to do. Has there been any indication from the club? As we know, for better or worse, he's a bit of a maverick.

5 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

As opposed to voting to carry on and getting a 30 point deduction?  If you're looking at 30 points you're down no matter what.  I don't believe you can get that big a deduction though.  I think it's 21, but still.

Didn't Kieran Maguire suggest that the recent dismissal of the charges against the individual board members mean it was likely the club would escape about half of the potential points penalty, even if the other part of it was ultimately upheld? 

• Thanks 1

Just now, DJMortimer said:

Didn't Kieran Maguire suggest that the recent dismissal of the charges against the individual board members mean it was likely the club would escape about half of the potential points penalty, even if the other part of it was ultimately upheld? 

Who really knows though.  It comes down to the thinking of the panel on the day.  Bolton basically got away with murder because the rules weren't written very well.  Ours seemingly will all come down to the good faith in which the EFL (under previous stewardship) gave "permission" to do the stadium sale as we did.

Just not bothered...

45 minutes ago, prowl said:

Looks to me like there will be 6 clubs at the top voting to end the season 3 clubs at the bottom voting to continue. Those hoping for a play off place will vote to continue. Those near the bottom and in danger of the drop will vote to end the season now.

Clubs will vote with self interest. It could be a close call.

I still don't see how the season can continue.

Spot on - null and void it across the piece stops whingeing and legal actions if all leagues in the EFL and the PL get a majority to do this

• Haha 1

I think It's in the EPL's best interests if the Efl finally end the madness of trying to continue. 

The clubs at the bottom of the epl don't want relegation and for that reason don't want to continue, all they are bothered about is the remaining sky money. 

If the championship continues, that forces the issue of promotion and relegation. We are already seeing that it on clubs outside the epl to provide testing, as appose to the EPL's approach. 

Be interested to see if a deal via a solidarity payment can be done for all leagues. Which if we are honest will bail out the majority of leagues clubs. They certainly won't be arsed about Leeds or Wba potential promotion. 

Edited by Maddogbob

36 minutes ago, Swifty75 said:

Surely we would need to know if they are going to deduct points this season before we vote. Under this system anymore than 9 and we would be down. 
it would be so Wednesday to vote end it and the next day the EFL dock us 10 points!

if we get a point deduction I would be amazed if it’s less than 9 points. Imo if we get docked the points this season we will go down, even if we play the remaining games of the season. This squad has no fight whatsoever. 

• Haha 1

All this means nothing to us until we find out what’s happening with the points deduction. Whatever the result of that I want that resolved before next season starts. I’d genuinely rather be in league one than start next season with a 12 point hit. It’d be soul destroying. 

1 minute ago, PEARSON said:

All this means nothing to us until we find out what’s happening with the points deduction. Whatever the result of that I want that resolved before next season starts. I’d genuinely rather be in league one than start next season with a 12 point hit. It’d be soul destroying. 

I’m the opposite. If we get a deduction I would rather it be next season, as long as it’s not 21 points plus. At least that way with a new squad etc it will give us a fighting chance of getting out the bottom 3.