2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I bet you're reyt popular at parties lol 

Depends who's keys I pull out of the bowl...

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

The season won't finish in full.

The choice is finish now, or limp through another three or four games until things become untenable.

So possible a few votes will depend a little on what the next few games are for a club.

The 11 - 13 estimates above look sensible but I think possibly overweight the yes votes. Derby for example are realistically too far away, especially if points are deducted.

When do you envisage the situation being tenable so that next season can restart? And there’s likely to be another spike next winter so what happens then?

For me, they should restart. Can understand players who don’t want to play or train, respect their decision and it’s up to the clubs what they do with their contracts but the players who want to play should be allowed to 

Imagine the scenario - the clubs vote to end the season, the 3 at the bottom would be livid and get together to appeal.. Then a few days later we are deducted enough points to put is in the bottom 3. DC screams FOUL, CONSPIRACY, and employs lawyers to take the EFL to court - and I think he would.  Assuming next season kicked off at the usual time, we would then have a situation of clubs not even knowing which division they were in next season with all the ramifications of contracts, new players etc etc. I’m not sure the EFL would want us to contend with as well. After all, imagine if we won an appeal in a court of law. That out trumps the EFL.

1 minute ago, pat blondeau said:

When do you envisage the situation being tenable so that next season can restart? And there’s likely to be another spike next winter so what happens then?

For me, they should restart. Can understand players who don’t want to play or train, respect their decision and it’s up to the clubs what they do with their contracts but the players who want to play should be allowed to 

I bet there will be plenty of players on long term contracts who have some really niggling groin strains over the coming months.

2 hours ago, Skyline said:

What does this mean?

a. Final divisional placings should be determined on unweighted points per game (if required).

In the main, it means the courts will be very busy, and if cases not resolved quickly, EFL’s inability to organise a pish up in a brewery, will result in f***ing up next season too.

Bunch of clueless clowns. Couldn’t control their own c*cks in a bath tub.

• Like 1

Taking in to account the arbitration process and the pandemic to still be waiting 7 months and counting for a conclusion after being charged just shows what a complete and utter farce this has been.

1 minute ago, mattitheowl said:

I bet there will be plenty of players on long term contracts who have some really niggling groin strains over the coming months.

Players at different stages of their careers will have different views.

Someone like Troy Deeney is 31 years old and has made as much money as he’ll ever need out of the game.

But there’ll be young pros and lads in academy squads desperate to play

12 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Yeah I remember talk of P*ssing the league the last 2 times were relegated to it...

I think those rules only apply to the admin points deductions.  EFL will push for deduction this season so as to avoid legal action from the relegated clubs.

We will have a right to appeal

Just now, bladeshater said:

We will have a right to appeal

Didn't someone suggest yesterday that there is no right of appeal following EFL disciplinary hearings?

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Didn't someone suggest yesterday that there is no right of appeal following EFL disciplinary hearings?

Googled that - and it looks like whoever it was was talking rubbish;

94 Disciplinary Appeals

94.1 A party to a Disciplinary Commission may appeal against a final order of the Disciplinary Commission (a ‘Disciplinary Appeal’).  A preliminary or procedural ruling by a Disciplinary Commission shall not be subject to a Disciplinary Appeal unless:

94.1.1 such ruling is dispositive (i.e. it amounts to a final resolution of the matter); or

94.1.2 such ruling, though not dispositive of itself, is subsequently incorporated into a final decision.

94.2 A Disciplinary Appeal shall be heard by the League Arbitration Panel in accordance with the provisions of Section 9 of these Regulations, supplemented by the provisions of this Regulation. In the event of any conflict between Section 9 and this Regulation, this Regulation shall prevail.

94.3 Any party wishing to bring a Disciplinary Appeal must, within 14 days of the making of the final order by the Disciplinary Commission (or such other shorter time period as ordered in accordance with the provisions of Regulation 92.5), serve on The League and any other party to the original proceedings:

94.3.1 written notice of the intention to bring a Disciplinary Appeal; and

94.3.2 a statement setting out the grounds of the Disciplinary Appeal.

94.4 Any party wishing to bring a Disciplinary Appeal shall also lodge with The League a deposit of £1,500 in respect of the costs of the Disciplinary Appeal.

94.5 Any party against whom penalties were imposed under Regulation 92 may apply, initially in writing, to the League Arbitration Tribunal for an order that such penalties be suspended pending the resolution of the Disciplinary Appeal. The League Arbitration Tribunal shall determine any such application having regard to the merits of the Disciplinary Appeal and the representations of the other parties.

94.6 No new evidence shall be admitted in respect of a Disciplinary Appeal unless the League Arbitration Panel determines that:

94.6.1 the evidence was not available at the time of the hearing before notwithstanding the exercise of reasonable diligence by the person seeking to introduce it;

94.6.2 the evidence is credible; and

94.6.3 the evidence is relevant.

94.7 Following a Disciplinary Appeal, the League Arbitration Tribunal shall have the power to:

94.7.1 confirm the decision; or

94.7.2 set aside the decision in whole or in part and substitute a new decision; or

94.7.3 order a rehearing before a differently constituted Disciplinary Commission.

The only continuity in this thread is going from Grandad’s breakfast to the EFL’s dog’s breakfast.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Players at different stages of their careers will have different views.

Someone like Troy Deeney is 31 years old and has made as much money as he’ll ever need out of the game.

But there’ll be young pros and lads in academy squads desperate to play

That's why I said those on long contracts.  

11 minutes ago, Grandad said:

CAS is always an option

40 minutes ago, Ian said:

would you rather escape the bottom 3 next season and be in the championship for the season after or start next season in L1, wee wee it and be in the championship for the year after?

You really think we would wee wee L1? There's more chance of a few seasons in that league if we end up there.

100% nailed on the season will be cancelled with us being deducted points sending us down. It's the perfect example the EFL can set to offenders

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Howson said the court case is set to take place in July.

Going down one way or the other. 

Edited by Adam1867
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, smhouston said:

100% nailed on the season will be cancelled with us being deducted points sending us down. It's the perfect example the EFL can set to offenders

The irony being that this pandemic will have put so many EFL clubs dangerously ‘in the red’ when it comes to finances.

Go down to League 1 and .."P* SS the league"...anyone seen HMS PTL lately?

Its like a cross between the Marie Celeste and a pair of f.ookin' water wings!!!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BIG D said:

I can't see any way that they'd give us a points deduction that would relegate us without playing on.

Which could mean starting the season on -pts which would be sh ite. I think I'd rather be relegated 

You would rather be relegated for certain than have a chance to get out of it next year?  I bet you thought we would get up at the first time of asking every time we’ve been relegated 

1 hour ago, Ian said:

would you rather escape the bottom 3 next season and be in the championship for the season after or start next season in L1, wee wee it and be in the championship for the year after?

pi$$ the league. You mean like we did last time we where in that poo show of a league.