BREAKING - EFL STATEMENT

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Saw a fan on another site a few days ago he had a great plan.

All the top 2 team from every division go up (3 in league 2 because of Bury going bust), no relegation and next season the EPL has 22 team, and 4 relegated the bring the league to 20 teams by 2021/22 season.

This mean the team in the automatic spots are promoted and no teams are relegated. For me this is the fairest way without putting lives at risk playing the remaining games, there won't be any European Football as is would be insane with CO-Vid and contamination.

The only issue I can see for the greedy premier league is, It would mean the EPL have to share the spoils between 22 team instead of 20. But then the bottom 6 in the EPL do not get relegated this season.

How can it be fair to just promote two teams from each division but not relegate any? There are 3 points separating 7 teams at the top end of the League One table, some have played more than others and they still have around 25% of their league games to play. 

Finish the season when it is safe to do so (the main issue preventing this is the expiry of player contracts - players should have had their contracts deferred to try and finish the season at a later date but this hasn't been widely possible. 1,400 players across the EFL are set to be out of contract in 6 weeks time, will many clubs at this level be eager to sign them up to comparable deals when they don't know when paying fans will be allowed back in numbers? Surely they would have been better off agreeing to extend their contracts in order to complete the season as and when possible) or void the season.

Football has FINALLY vanished up it's own arse,  It's all too stupid, corny and obvious.

I'm fine with seeing Liverpool fans and Leeds fans foaming at the mouth if it potentially saves some lives...Even if it's only one.

It really is not a fans game is it.  The curtain has fallen like the end of the Wizard of Oz.  

3 hours ago, dykwim said:

I’m still a fan of a Mario Kart tournament to settle it. 

Or decide by Subbuteo matches

Each current Team Manager plays out the remaining fixtures against the respective opponents' manager.

Both wearing masks, obviously

Play it at the NEC

Deeney makes an excellent point there. If it’s not safe for supporters to sit next to each other ( some from the same homes) how can players be safe when they are in such close proximity, sweating and clambering all over each other ( not ours obviously, we’ve been perfecting social distancing since Christmas)

• Haha 1

Guest Mcguigan
36 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Deeney makes an excellent point there. If it’s not safe for supporters to sit next to each other ( some from the same homes) how can players be safe when they are in such close proximity, sweating and clambering all over each other ( not ours obviously, we’ve been perfecting social distancing since Christmas)

Because 25-30,000 fans won't all have been tested twice, had regular temperature and other symptom checks whilst been cocooned in the most sterile environments before actually getting into the ground.

9 hours ago, scram said:

I don't see how you can have unearned promotion without unwarranted relegation

That's why the season should be voided

Agreed. As you know I’m fuming that Hearts are going to be expelled from the league and demoted in this way in Scotland.

1 hour ago, Mcguigan said:

Because 25-30,000 fans won't all have been tested twice, had regular temperature and other symptom checks whilst been cocooned in the most sterile environments before actually getting into the ground.

So we can test all players, not NHS staff or other key workers. Its as bad as F1 suddenly wanting an exemption from quarantine. Why are they different to anyone else? All the big money sport can do one as far as im concerned. I hope the PL imlodes up its own backside and ceases to exist.

• Like 2

Guest Mcguigan
2 minutes ago, billyblack said:

So we can test all players, not NHS staff or other key workers. Its as bad as F1 suddenly wanting an exemption from quarantine. Why are they different to anyone else? All the big money sport can do one as far as im concerned. I hope the PL imlodes up its own backside and ceases to exist.

NHS staff and key workers aren’t getting testing?

Stop scare mongering. Tests are available for anyone that needs them. Drive through testing stations in my area are running at 30-40% available capacity. 

Footballers getting tested are not interfering with testing required for people that require them for their jobs.