BREAKING - EFL STATEMENT

It's a mess no doubt.

Everyone will have opinions but the advice doesn't add up either.

My wife works in a school, getting slight pressure to return to work (prob due to daily mail crusade)

Yet the government advice is not to see grand kids, except in a park and only one to one.

Yet she is now expected to go back to work with a classroom of up to 20 kids, mix with staff, and parents.

Kids..and too many parents don't know how to social distance.

So in a nutshell, get back to work but don't mix with your grandkid.

She told em to bollexe with my full blessing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

And there are people who no doubt think the opposite. Ultimately it’s all a judgement call - as with every bit of the retreat from lockdown. These decisions are incredibly difficult. 

People who think the opppsite, the money men you mean?

• Haha 1

Just now, rickygoo said:

And there are people who no doubt think the opposite. Ultimately it’s all a judgement call - as with every bit of the retreat from lockdown. These decisions are incredibly difficult. 

Obviously. 

But if you're going to aggressively pit one side against the other (in true modern day internet style), as some posters on here seem determined to, the worst you can say about those recommending delay is that they are wasting time and being disproportionately cautious. Those who disagree with them can be accused of risking far more if they turn out to be wrong.

I appreciate that yours is a more considered view however.

17 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Obviously. 

But if you're going to aggressively pit one side against the other (in true modern day internet style), as some posters on here seem determined to, the worst you can say about those recommending delay is that they are wasting time and being disproportionately cautious. Those who disagree with them can be accused of risking far more if they turn out to be wrong.

I appreciate that yours is a more considered view however.

It’s generally easier to say don’t do something. The trick is assessing risk successfully and interpreting those risks correctly.

My gut feel is football is coming back too soon but I understand why they have made the decisions they have. 

1 hour ago, Mcguigan said:

Can you quote me where I said that?

I suspect another case of folks reading what they want hear.

I said tests are available for anyone who needs one and that footballers getting tested does not interfere with that, which it doesn’t.

As I said, find me the quote.

If I misunderstood I apologise

However if footballers can get tests every two days why cant care staff?

answer, they have all the money and resources available to test as often as they want, perhaps they should put their efforts into allowing their money and resources to test care staff first, and worry about footballers later 

21 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

It’s generally easier to say don’t do something. The trick is assessing risk successfully and interpreting those risks correctly.

My gut feel is football is coming back too soon but I understand why they have made the decisions they have. 

Everybody else is going back to work so why shouldnt they

5 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Must be safe to open pubs, restaurants, cinemas, have rock concerts etc then

Your funny

16 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Must be safe to open pubs, restaurants, cinemas, have rock concerts etc then

have said this all along, if you can have 300 people inside a football stadium, with at least 22 of them not observing social distancing (it will be much higher than this, then why cant a pub or restaurant open without people observing social distancing if people want to take the risk

answers on the back of a Sky TV contract or similar please

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Are they?

Yea majority most of construction vever stopped teachers police fire service nhs also never stopped supermarkets lorry bus and train drivers does that answer your question or you been asleep last 8 weeks 

1 minute ago, dan1980 said:

Yea majority most of construction vever stopped teachers police fire service nhs also never stopped supermarkets lorry bus and train drivers does that answer your question or you been asleep last 8 weeks 

So why are we wasting billions on a furlough scheme, that obviously hasn't been needed

2 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

No, I've been working from home. I am more than aware of what has happened since March and am very much aware of the current instructions and the fact you said everyone is returning to work now is incorrect.

1 minute ago, the third man said:

So why are we wasting billions on a furlough scheme, that obviously hasn't been needed

There alot more people working then furloughed fact

1 minute ago, the third man said:

You mean the furlough scheme that was extended last week to cover until October? 

As you say this seems very strange given that Dan thinks everyone is returning to work now.