BREAKING - EFL STATEMENT

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

To finish the season I mean. Because there’s next season to think about and the overall European football calendar if other leagues are playing to completion or ending.  

Why do we have to keep in line with other European Leagues at this time? A Europe wide Champions League & Europa League seems unfeasible for next season. Qualifiers are supposed to start in July, competition in earnest in September. With valid talk of a significant wave of the virus next winter then it just doesn't seem logical.

As for next season domestically, surely it would be better to finish this season in full when safe to do so and then come to an agreement on a shorter campaign for next season which will be fairer for everyone from the start of it?

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

firefighters risk there lives putting fires out ,nhs staff on the front line all for a few hundred a week , what risk is troy deeney going to be at? does he have a very high risk family member in his household? if yes then fair enough if not then id have no problem not paying him while he don't feel comfortable about not playing. that should apply to every player if there not comfortable playing then give them unpaid leave . they getting upwards of 300grand a week for doing nothing? I believe its upto £500 a week for self employed 

Face it football is not essential. The players wages need to come back to what is realistic levels. The game cannot exist without its fans and its time supporters were put first..

11 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

I’ve no idea why all key workers haven’t been tested, maybe they aren’t showing symptoms and don’t feel it necessary.

My wife and daughter are key workers, neither have been tested. My son in law’s a key worker who felt a bit off colour last week, applied for a test at the drive through. He was tested the same day he applied and a negative result came back 72 hours later.

He said he could take his pick of test centres in the Bradford area and all had plenty of half hour time slots available. Like I said running at 30-40% capacity.

Your wife and daughter front line NHS? 

Theres no morale argument whatsoever for football to come back now. You may think so. I dont. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Why do we have to keep in line with other European Leagues at this time? A Europe wide Champions League & Europa League seems unfeasible for next season. Qualifiers are supposed to start in July, competition in earnest in September. With valid talk of a significant wave of the virus next winter then it just doesn't seem logical.

As for next season domestically, surely it would be better to finish this season in full when safe to do so and then come to an agreement on a shorter campaign for next season which will be fairer for everyone from the start of it?

It’s a perfectly reasonable view. I was just expressing my opinion. 

lol

4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Clearly the Bundesliga, the FA, the EFL, the Premier League, Serie A, La Liga, Ligue 1, the British and German Governments and the Belgian League to name a few disagree so it isn’t the only option. You may think it’s the correct one which is a different matter. 

They only think that because of money, nothing more nothing less. Take money out of it. Not one of them would be saying what they are now.

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

They only think that because of money, nothing more nothing less. Take money out of it. Not one of them would be saying what they are now.

I look forward to seeing you protesting outside Hillsborough when this terrible sport returns. If you can take time away from protesting outside the garden centre/local takeaway/ home of the Hermes delivery guy.

6 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

It’s a perfectly reasonable view. I was just expressing my opinion. 

lol

Me too! 

Just don't see why we need to rush an end to this season or provide answers to UEFA and keep in line with other countries.

Guest Mcguigan
5 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Your wife and daughter front line NHS? 

Theres no morale argument whatsoever for football to come back now. You may think so. I dont. 

You’ve been quoting key workers not front line NHS, ffs.

You change your argument a lot to suit your opinion.

20 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

I’ve no idea why all key workers haven’t been tested, maybe they aren’t showing symptoms and don’t feel it necessary.

My wife and daughter are key workers, neither have been tested. My son in law’s a key worker who felt a bit off colour last week, applied for a test at the drive through. He was tested the same day he applied and a negative result came back 72 hours later.

He said he could take his pick of test centres in the Bradford area and all had plenty of half hour time slots available. Like I said running at 30-40% capacity.

There are probably many key workers on front line NHS or in nursing homes for example who simply don't have the time between shifts or transport to get them to a test centre every two days but the footballers will be provided this on a plate. 

1 minute ago, Mcguigan said:

You’ve been quoting key workers not front line NHS, ffs.

You change your argument a lot to suit your opinion.

The point still stands though, why should footballers have easier access to regular testing than front line NHS workers?

Guest Mcguigan
Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

There are probably many key workers on front line NHS or in nursing homes for example who simply don't have the time between shifts or transport to get them to a test centre every two days but the footballers will be provided this on a plate. 

That’s not the footballers fault.

The tests are there if people want them.

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I look forward to seeing you protesting outside Hillsborough when this terrible sport returns. If you can take time away from protesting outside the garden centre/local takeaway/ home of the Hermes delivery guy.

I wont be protesting at Hillsboro, i dont go to any football these days. Spend my money elsewhere. Its a mugs game. Watch it in the pub when its on and thats it. Dont pay for sky sports either.

• Haha 1

My thoughts were to delay until such a time it is safe to resume. If it takes until Jan next yr so what. Thinking about next season is jumping the gun a bit..no idea what will happen, maybe a short fixture list.

But perhaps a full season of football, the rest of this and a shortened version of next.

It would stop all the back biting, legal threats etc etc.

Most clubs will suffer whatever.

But on the plus side, leeds capitulation and west shams fall is worth waiting for.

:tango:

8 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

Because 25-30,000 fans won't all have been tested twice, had regular temperature and other symptom checks whilst been cocooned in the most sterile environments before actually getting into the ground.

All very well, but there are still some significant problems.

Firstly, no matter how sterile the training environment and the stadium might be, there's still no guarantee of what the players do when they are away from there or what they are exposed to from others. Symptoms may not reveal themselves for some time. 

Scientific studies regarding infection and the effects of strenuous exercise have barely started, but early conclusions are that such exertions may cause long term damage to the lungs and heart. Certainly amongst the wider population it seems that those suffering moderate to serious symptoms are at risk of significant problems with at least four major organs leading to secondary health issues, maybe permanently.

Even testing is no deal clincher. The best version takes 2-3 days for the results to come back, by which time they guarantee nothing anyway, like an 11 month old MOT test. And the more instant version is some way short of being entirely reliable. 

Guest Mcguigan
10 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Must be the NHS workwers fault then. I will look out for that line of argument on the news

Bit of a twerp.

Guest Mcguigan
1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

All very well, but there are still some significant problems.

Firstly, no matter how sterile the training environment and the stadium might be, there's still no guarantee of what the players do when they are away from there or what they are exposed to from others. Symptoms may not reveal themselves for some time. 

Scientific studies regarding infection and the effects of strenuous exercise have barely started, but early conclusions are that such exertions may cause long term damage to the lungs and heart. Certainly amongst the wider population it seems that those suffering moderate to serious symptoms are at risk of significant problems with at least four major organs leading to secondary health issues, maybe permanently.

Even testing is no deal clincher. The best version takes 2-3 days for the results to come back, by which time they guarantee nothing anyway, like an 11 month old MOT test. And the more instant version is some way short of being entirely reliable. 

You better tell the Bundesliga quickly, the second halves have just kicked off.

1 minute ago, Mcguigan said:

You better tell the Bundesliga quickly, the second halves have just kicked off.

I saw a report just yesterday that plenty of high profile professionals from numerous sectors in Germany think it's an unnecessary gamble, just like they do here.

If you want to be churlish about it, that's up to you.

20 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

That’s not the footballers fault.

The tests are there if people want them.

Didn't say it was the footballers fault, just doesn't seem right that footballers will have tests laid on a plate for them while others on the front line may have tests available at centres but work and circumstances dictate that it is much harder for them to access regular tests than it will be for footballers. 

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

I saw a report just yesterday that plenty of high profile professionals from numerous sectors in Germany think it's an unnecessary gamble, just like they do here.

If you want to be churlish about it, that's up to you.

And there are people who no doubt think the opposite. Ultimately it’s all a judgement call - as with every bit of the retreat from lockdown. These decisions are incredibly difficult.