BREAKING - EFL STATEMENT

8 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

NHS staff and key workers aren’t getting testing?

Stop scare mongering. Tests are available for anyone that needs them. Drive through testing stations in my area are running at 30-40% available capacity. 

Footballers getting tested are not interfering with testing required for people that require them for their jobs.

I didnt say they arent getting tested. Are they all tested now, are they getting tested twice a week? Its not like they are more likely to catch it is it? Its not scare mongering, its the truth. What happens when Liverpool win the title and 100000 fans turn up outside anfield? 

If a player gets tested poisitve the whole squad should be quarantined for two weeks. Or they could be lobbers and just invite some hookers round. 

1 hour ago, Mcguigan said:

Because 25-30,000 fans won't all have been tested twice, had regular temperature and other symptom checks whilst been cocooned in the most sterile environments before actually getting into the ground.

May I just point out that symptoms sometimes don't show for 2-3 weeks.

Also are they going to test every single player, coach, manager, kit man, grounds man etc. from every single team twice before every single game? I doubt that very much.

And does this "sterile environment" mean every single player, coach, manager, kit man, grounds man etc doesn't see their partners, brothers, mother, children, bus driver, train inspector, gynaecologist until all of the games are finished???? I think not.

So by my reckoning people are still at risk and more people will die. Still probably worth it to some people, but they probs have nads for brains.

Can't wait for the conclusion of the championship one.

'All Championship teams (except one - Sheffield Wednesday) agreed to end the season early.'

'Sheffield Wednesday owner Mr Chansiri felt it would be better to restart and complete the entire 2019/20 season again and concluded it before this September where the 2020/21 season would begin'

'Mr Chansiri said "restarting the whole of the 2019/20 season again and concluding it before September will be a great way to charge all supporters for all the games not played so far as well as the ones that were already played up to the lockdown. We'd be effectively able to charge them for 3/4 of a season twice." Discussions continue'

Edited by poite

9 minutes ago, deaks1984 said:

Also are they going to test every single player, coach, manager, kit man, grounds man etc. from every single team twice before every single game? I doubt that very much.

And does this "sterile environment" mean every single player, coach, manager, kit man, grounds man etc doesn't see their partners, brothers, mother, children, bus driver, train inspector, gynaecologist until all of the games are finished???? I think not.

So by my reckoning people are still at risk and more people will die. Still probably worth it to some people, but they probs have nads for brains.

Of course they wont, amd whatever they say they will do will just slacken off amd they will just pay it lip service in the end. Its all back slapping ego nonsense. The end of the day its a luxury not necessary at this moment.

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

If its been a vote and unanimous im not sure why

Still probably won’t stop teams trying? Can you imagine if the vote went against the teams at the top? Look North and Calendar would totally ditch questioning the government about Covid-19 and turn it on to why Leeds haven’t been promoted?

I can just imagine Harry Gration risking life and limb to push that red sofa they use for sport relief all the way to the Houses of Parliament in protest? 

• Haha 1

Quite frankly 2020 is bad enough without Liverpool winning the title and Leeds being promoted. It’s completely unfair to play the reminding games behind closed doors, we all know the impact a crowd can have on the last few matches of a season. PPg just doesn’t take into account all the drama and tension of the football season. 

in my eyes the only morally fair way to do this is void this season, and start again next season. That’s happened during war times I think. No sure in European places, but so what.  

Guest LittleG
9 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

Season is over and the sooner the premiere league and EFL accept it the better. Troy deeney was bang on the money today. 

Season should be over, unfortunately the PL won't see it that way because, as we know, its all about the money. With the German league starting up this weekend, think this will add impetus to the PL and their desire to finish the season.

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

I didnt say they arent getting tested. Are they all tested now, are they getting tested twice a week? Its not like they are more likely to catch it is it? Its not scare mongering, its the truth. What happens when Liverpool win the title and 100000 fans turn up outside anfield? 

If a player gets tested poisitve the whole squad should be quarantined for two weeks. Or they could be lobbers and just invite some hookers round. 

100,000? Its called a cull:ph34r:

10 minutes ago, FroggattOwls said:

Quite frankly 2020 is bad enough without Liverpool winning the title and Leeds being promoted. It’s completely unfair to play the reminding games behind closed doors, we all know the impact a crowd can have on the last few matches of a season. PPg just doesn’t take into account all the drama and tension of the football season. 

in my eyes the only morally fair way to do this is void this season, and start again next season. That’s happened during war times I think. No sure in European places, but so what.  

When WW2 started they’d only played 3 games. League football stopped but they soon got back to playing adapted competitions.

In WW1 the season was completed - and then an adapted version carried on after that. 

They did play play professional football in both world wars. But this is a different scenario- there were no health risk to players or spectators during the wars. 

2 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

NHS staff and key workers aren’t getting testing?

Stop scare mongering. Tests are available for anyone that needs them. Drive through testing stations in my area are running at 30-40% available capacity. 

Footballers getting tested are not interfering with testing required for people that require them for their jobs.

i wont be getting tested every 2 days, my first test is this weekend, if they arrive, don't know when the next test will be but it wont be in two days, and wont be every two days after that

but then footballers earn more money and sport is far more important than key workers, obviously

1 hour ago, deaks1984 said:

Millions of people are going to work. Bus drivers, train drivers, people who work in garden centres, delivery drivers - the world is starting to get going again. And the rest of us will have to assess risks as other firms go back and schools start to return. 

I’m torn with all this because I don’t think English football is uniquely evil. Of course money matters to them. Everyone of you in a job works for organisations in which money matters. The Bundesliga is founded on more solid principles than virtually every other league in Europe. They start today. 

And for whatever reason the clubs generally seem to have decided that having played 3/4 of the season voiding isn’t fair. There is no perfect way.

Again it’s something I’m in two minds about - I can see the merit in voiding the season, I’m 51:49 for PPG, what swings it for me is some of the petty bitterness that crops up on here about hating other fans and other teams in the midst of noble sentiments about fairness and saving lives. 

Guest Mcguigan
14 minutes ago, the third man said:

i wont be getting tested every 2 days, my first test is this weekend, if they arrive, don't know when the next test will be but it wont be in two days, and wont be every two days after that

but then footballers earn more money and sport is far more important than key workers, obviously

What are you blubbering about now?

Read the context of the my post and the one I was replying to.

10 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Millions of people are going to work. Bus drivers, train drivers, people who work in garden centres, delivery drivers - the world is starting to get going again. And the rest of us will have to assess risks as other firms go back and schools start to return. 

I’m torn with all this because I don’t think English football is uniquely evil. Of course money matters to them. Everyone of you in a job works for organisations in which money matters. The Bundesliga is founded on more solid principles than virtually every other league in Europe. They start today. 

And for whatever reason the clubs generally seem to have decided that having played 3/4 of the season voiding isn’t fair. There is no perfect way.

Again it’s something I’m in two minds about - I can see the merit in voiding the season, I’m 51:49 for PPG, what swings it for me is some of the petty bitterness that crops up on here about hating other fans and other teams in the midst of noble sentiments about fairness and saving lives. 

Just out of curiosity. What's not fair about voiding? (I know you're saying it's the club's that think it's not fair, not you) but what's your opinion?

Edited by deaks1984
Poorly worded

9 minutes ago, deaks1984 said:

Just out of curiosity. What's not fair about voiding? (I know you're saying it's the club's that think it's not fair, not you) but what's your opinion?

I guess because they’ve played so many games - it’s not like WW2 where they’d only played 3. I can see merit in every version of sorting the season - playing to a conclusion probably less than any other to be honest.

I just think it’s a nightmare decision for everyone - not just football. It looks like my industry is about to start going back - a long protocol document was sent out yesterday from one of the firms I work for.

Most of the non-playing staff at football, given the pressures on the PL, will probably be safer than the rest of us when we go back to normal work. Whether it’s safe to actually play of course is another matter. 

I’m just not in the football is uniquely evil, I’m done with it camp. I’m actually looking forward to watching Dortmund later - partly out of curiosity. I dislike a lot about modern football but I can also see what a horrendous decision they have to make. 

Talk of playing games but with no relegation is ridiculous.  There’d be quite a few games with nothing to play for between clubs like Villa and norwich. So we’d put 200 people at risk of catching the virus for no reason. Plus imagine if a player got injured in one of those games. 
Though the other issue is why would teams bother trying if they have nothing to play for? I can’t see Norwich putting up a fight against Chelsea by risking injury, especially with players who contracts are up soon. 

If they play matches then there simply has to be relegation. otherwise just promote the top two sides in each league or void the seasons completely.   

Edited by Owls-Fan