Bannan

38 minutes ago, Penfold said:

Pretty evident from what he says that Bannan loves the club and the only thing missing for him is to repay the fans for their faith in him by helping to get us to the Premier League. After that first season with us, he probably thought we would be back in the big time by now and just frustrated it hasn’t materialised. Wish some of our other players had that mentality. 

Stop using sense.  No way near enough outrage/sarcasm in this post.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

It's almost as if people just logon to type crazy s@t for attention and those little laughing emojis.

Their wives must have given up listening a long time ago.

You think some poor lasses married these people?

1 hour ago, Rodger Wylde said:

Makes me think that people that completely rely on and believe stats, are watching the wrong sport.

Come on bud, 11 goals in 5 seasons is not good enough for our equivalent of Zidane is it? I agree that sometimes stats are used in the wrong way, but really just read that again. 

2 hours ago, peacock1961 said:

Come on bud, 11 goals in 5 seasons is not good enough for our equivalent of Zidane is it? I agree that sometimes stats are used in the wrong way, but really just read that again. 

Chris Waddle played in 6 Premier League seasons and scored 11 goals.

Not good enough.

5 hours ago, wilyfox said:

I don't know why people get bitchy with Bannan. He's said he wants prem with us, not elsewhere. Put ya claws away.

If we sort our recruitment out properly and get the right ingredients in the team with him, it could happen.

..providing DC doesn't get us relegated. :ph34r:

Because a lot of our fans are complete and utter tail tugging tuggers.

4 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

Please go to the Premier ASAP. 

Bannan is a complete liability 

In that interview he said he'd got six years left in him. Of course he has. 

No doubt, a player of his obviously incredible quality will be in demand from top championship teams 

And then there's the Premier league. 

Yes, he's such a good player that nobody else wants him. There's been no inquiries. 

One would think that such a midfield general would be getting a plethora of offers to play at the highest level. 

There's always the possibility that such a general is playing mind games in order to get a better deal. He's already getting about 30k a week too much. 

I absolutely agree with the general. He's way too Good for us. 

So off you go. 

Oops nobody else wants him. Consequently we are stuck with this waster for yet another season. 

Will you pretend to support us for another season

I always think a good reflection on a player is where they will go when they leave. BB is one of the few that will go to a better side than us.. Fletch and FF being the other two. Westwood and Hutch, but for age/ injury splattered reputations would have. The rest will all go lower championship, first or second division, or Dutch non league ( leave you to guess who that is)

15 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Mad innit..

Keep watching every time a news article is published and watch the rabid attacks that come immediately without any real look at what the player/manager/journo/pundit has actually said.

The discussion then immediately gets yanked away from what was said, and that's ignored totally, and instead the discussion turns to the person that said it and a bitter and lengthy period of attack happens

Every single time.

It's sad too. I sit and wonder what is going so bad in some peoples lives, that everything is just no negative.

"admitted he wants to return to the Premier League before he hangs up his boots" suddenly becomes "Well that's it then, he's off. W*nker. He's cr*p anyway. Look at his stats. Hardly even works for the team"

You should add a plugin to the site to stop people replying for an hour after they have a read a particular thread, so they've got time to think about what they are about to say. Include me in that group lol

Bannan got asked would he like to play in the Premier League, I am not sure how he is supposed to answer that.

Would show lack of ambition if he said he wasn't bothered.
I would like to see a lot of the dross on our player squad moved on but I wouldn't include Bannan in that. Good championship player.

17 hours ago, peacock1961 said:

Good luck in the prem bazza, someone close to you needs to tell you that you aren't good enough. Think you have had a couple of goes already haven't you? 

His ability is not in doubt, just his build.

A foot taller and a stone heavier and he would be in the Prem.

15 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

His ability is not in doubt, just his build.

A foot taller and a stone heavier and he would be in the Prem.

He’s a shade shorter and lighter than Messi (hardly anything in it at all)

Bannan is also taller than Maradona 

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Wasn't that rumour proven to be true/completely false?

I can't remember

No idea. The way we play without him suits the rest of the team better certainly with our squad of the last couple of years in my view.