Championship doomsday scenario?

Any employer can give notice to its employees under the terms of their  contract. And then offer a different contract for agreement.

Its called 'dismiss and reemploy' in the corporate world. Generally used to get unions to participate in meaningful discussions and agree to changes. It's quite rare for it to actually be followed through on. Perfectly legal.

This would create even a bigger gap between the Prem and the Championship. What really needs to happen is the Prem to crumble and bring them down to nearer the rest of us. Unfortunately I don’t think that will happen. However, maybe they will create a Super European League, something they’ve been after for years, so your big boys, (Citee, Man U, Scouses, etc) abandon English leagues and play your PSG’s and Barcelona’s every week. The likes of Burnley, Leicester, Utd would be thrown under the bus and join the rest of us.

Edited by doubleo

40 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

Reality time folks....................players/owners.TV pundits/SKY.......... need to get real........back to planet Earth..........a lot deserve to suffer....BRING IT ON

Im not sure I understand this.

Who should suffer?

Why is any of this skys/pundits/players fault?

A host of Championship clubs could start next season with points deductions as a row simmers over ... (P&S) rules is due to end on June 30, and by that point clubs will have to show...

One Championship club executive, who did not wish to be named, explained: 'There is a feeling there are some who have overspent and are now looking to wriggle out of P&S.

'If they have broken the rules, they should be punished.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8201753/Championship-rivals-fight-relaxing-rules-host-sides-set-fail-financial-fair-play.html

The football landscape is going to look very different when all this is over. If we have a phased release of the lockdown measures, I’d expect events such as football where people crowd together to be at the end of the queue for returning to normal service. How many fans, particularly the elderly and high risk will want to attend before a reliable vaccine is available. Attendance/income will be decimated for a lengthy period.

the thought of all 24 clubs doing simultaneous pre-packs is crazy, but I could see it happening to save the clubs from going bust. I’m struggling to think of an alternative 

1 hour ago, torres said:

Im not sure I understand this.

Who should suffer?

Why is any of this skys/pundits/players fault?

Football ....a game for the fans ???..........not anymore.......SKY TV money.....Players on £000's per week.....MOTD pundits on mega bucks....VAR....play on any day / any time to suit.......Football...a business for the moneymen............fans can  F O.........I'm done with it

7 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

Football ....a game for the fans ???..........not anymore.......SKY TV money.....Players on £000's per week.....MOTD pundits on mega bucks....VAR....play on any day / any time to suit.......Football...a business for the moneymen............fans can  F O.........I'm done with it

I think they will all miss you:duntmatter:

3 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

Sky put huge money in

This money can keep clubs running for decades 

What Sky pay their employees I.e pundits has no real impact on the game 

How is this their fault?? 

The clubs, like wednesday are the ones at fault - they are the agree to pay the players huge amounts while also charging the fans sickening amounts 

Our club currently is one of the worst