Championship doomsday scenario?

6 minutes ago, daleblue said:

My point is that if we could some how instate a wage cap, the teams coming down would break the amount straight

away, there would have to be a mechanism for this to be resolved, and that would have to be agreed by the Premiership

sides, it could be written into any contract that on relegation the wages would have to come in line, how they could

do this I'm not sure, but something has to be done.

https://www.ruck.co.uk/the-salary-cap-of-each-league-ranked-heres-who-has-the-most-budget-to-spend-on-players/3/ how Rugby Union goes about it

2 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

But you cant exclude a player that you have bought just because you are relegated, this would be more harmful to 

the club not being able to play one of their (best) top players because of relegation.

Just now, daleblue said:

But you cant exclude a player that you have bought just because you are relegated, this would be more harmful to 

the club not being able to play one of their (best) top players because of relegation.

It would mean a salary renegotiation a bit like happens when firms have under performed  

1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

It would mean a salary renegotiation a bit like happens when firms have under performed  

Yep, good luck with that, I can only see it working if it's a Premier league ruling that all players must have written into

their contracts that on relegation their wages would have to come into line with the wage cap ruling in the Championship.

Otherwise Clubs would have to not use those players and then try to sell them, prob at a loss.

1 hour ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Battle of the Somme   320,000 deaths over a 4 month period

Covid... worldwide so far  81,939

These two things are so vastly different you might have well as compared Covid-19 to the moon landings.

Footballs just being shown up for what it has become over recent years - a non-essential matter that generates and pays out millions of pounds to people who don’t do much.

we always knew this - it’s just now a torch has been shined on it. 

couldn't care less whatever the outcome really.

32 minutes ago, ka58 said:

Footballs just being shown up for what it has become over recent years - a non-essential matter that generates and pays out millions of pounds to people who don’t do much.

This football forum is not really for you then 

40 minutes ago, ka58 said:

It shouldn't matter but it seems to - that's the beauty of it. A bit of time in the week away from everything else that you can put your heart and soul into but not influence at all. It's my equivalent of mindfulness. It's true that if Wednesday  - or the whole of football - went bang we could all find something else to do, just like we are now and like we do in the summer. But that sense of camaraderie and belonging will be hard to replace. I wonder how Bury fans are feeling now their attentions are diverted elsewhere.  

Football will come back when it comes back. I don't have a problem with the football authorities wrestling with what to do - finish, void or accept the season is as it has ended. I think people who talk about them ignoring the deaths of thousands of people are misguided. All businesses are considering the future. Are Debenhams ignoring it by contemplating administration?  

Until we have government sanction to end the lockdown and know what form that will take we can wait for any decision. And that decision is likely to be negated anyway by further outbreaks and lockdowns.

I'm just going to chill and await the financial penury that football can do nothing to help me avoid - other than giving me my season ticket money back.  

Clubs told EFL season can be completed in 56 days when play is resumed. Assumed matches will be played behind closed doors and training can’t start until at least 16th May. Personally was hoping season wouldn’t be completed at all and we start fresh from next season. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

34 minutes ago, torres said:

This football forum is not really for you then 

just because it’s currently in the doldrums doesn’t mean I don’t like football - or Wednesday - I would hope it eventually finds its way back to the sport it once was.

i just don’t care how a rich chairman/owner and his millionaire staff and players attempt to manoeuvre their way through this issue without trying to lose any of their money and with seeming little appetite to contribute anything else.

Easy solution to all our problems here.

All the teams in the EFL do this.

Chansiri buys them all out of admin.

Chansiri votes in irrevocable new rules saying Wednesday are massive and exempt from all other rules.

Chansiri puts the other 91 back into admin.

15 minutes ago, ka58 said:

just because it’s currently in the doldrums doesn’t mean I don’t like football - or Wednesday - I would hope it eventually finds its way back to the sport it once was.

i just don’t care how a rich chairman/owner and his millionaire staff and players attempt to manoeuvre their way through this issue without trying to lose any of their money and with seeming little appetite to contribute anything else.

so care about football but don’t care how or when it comes back

I get you now. 

1 hour ago, torres said:

so care about football but don’t care how or when it comes back

I get you now. 

You probably get me now because you’ve changed what I’ve said completely to something you understand.

10 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

What's up, can't you count ? Or does gravity affect numbers ?

they’re just totally different events, at completely different times, giving rise to a completely different set of circumstances - so by saying get on with it because 320,000 died In the Somme you may as well say “get on with it because of Burger King” 

38 minutes ago, ka58 said:

they’re just totally different events, at completely different times, giving rise to a completely different set of circumstances - so by saying get on with it because 320,000 died In the Somme you may as well say “get on with it because of Burger King” 

What ?  lol Burger King lol

The world has survived far worse than this media frenzied doom fest.
That's my point. There's no doomsday because of this FFS.

Time people grew some 8ollocks