Championship doomsday scenario?

Get a grip !!! Footballs only been on hold for a few weeks and if it was another six months, things would still be o.k. We'd all go back to work and within a month, it'd seen like normal.

Battle of the Somme   320,000 deaths over a 4 month period

Covid... worldwide so far  81,939

Lifes not coming to an end ffs

The clubs will have to deal with whatever they have to deal with, but so much doom and phooking gloom

Get a grip and grow some

9 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Nice sentiment - but pie in the sky quite literally

Oh definitely 

I don't expect anything to change whilst clubs get parachute payments or clubs with rich owners wanting to spend their money as they want!

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Some of our debt will be owed to other Championship clubs, and vice versa How would that work out?

I don't think anyone owes us, we owe lots, so for me the fairest thing is for whats owed to be written off.

1 hour ago, jonnyowl said:

I prefer the idea of collective revenue / income.

All money made by all championships club goes into a pot and divided equally.

Include a wage cap and make sure all clubs can pay it!

I agree about wage cap of some sort, it's the clubs relegated from the Premiership who will be the problem, they 

already have players over the amount what the cap would be, how can we accommodate this, and would they be 

willing to even if they could sell these players off to come into line, there would have to be an agreement with the 

Premier league, and that I don't think would be forthcoming.

2 minutes ago, daleblue said:

I agree about wage cap of some sort, it's the clubs relegated from the Premiership who will be the problem, they 

already have players over the amount what the cap would be, how can we accommodate this, and would they be 

willing to even if they could sell these players off to come into line, there would have to be an agreement with the 

Premier league, and that I don't think would be forthcoming.

Wage caps are against the law. 

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Surely that would be so open to been abused by the clubs 

Yep, backhanders all over the place, but it would work, only problem is the teams getting relegated from the Prem. 

26 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Yep, backhanders all over the place, but it would work, only problem is the teams getting relegated from the Prem. 

Its not a problem if the EFL stand up to the premier league and tell them they will not allow relegated teams to use parachute payments as income  , which is what should have happened a long time ago.

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Its not a problem if the EFL stand up to the premier league and tell them they will not allow relegated teams to use parachute payments as income  , which is what should have happened a long time ago.

EFL stand up to the Premier League.

:tango:

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

My point is that if we could some how instate a wage cap, the teams coming down would break the amount straight

away, there would have to be a mechanism for this to be resolved, and that would have to be agreed by the Premiership

sides, it could be written into any contract that on relegation the wages would have to come in line, how they could

do this I'm not sure, but something has to be done.