Favourite boots

Over the years I had Adidas, the George Best Stylo Matchmakers and Puma, along with a few that were, shall we say "Steptoe" boots.

My favourites and by far the most comfortable were a pair of Puma Pele Rio.  The Puma stripe was in yellow, so they looked different from previous Puma boots.

What I can't understand these days is why any player wears boot with "blades" instead of studs. It always seems to me the reason why so many players slip and fall. ( e.g. the famous Gerrard incident)!

Edited by Kevan
Typo

34 minutes ago, owler66 said:

Follow on from the Shirty thread got me thinking about football boots and I must admit these were my favourite loved wearing them

Adidas-World-Cup-Fussballschuhe.jpg

Mine too. Always wanted a pair when I was younger but couldn't afford them. Mrs bought me some last year for my 54th birthday. They're still in the box. Loved Puma Spa King as well and the Patrick Kevin Keegans were nice as well. 

Just now, Nut said:

Mine too. Always wanted a pair when I was younger but couldn't afford them. Mrs bought me some last year for my 54th birthday. They're still in the box. Loved Puma Spa King as well and the Patrick Kevin Keegans were nice as well. 

Still made in the same factory in Germany too.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Still made in the same factory in Germany too.

Think the ones Shirty has on in the picture are called World Cup 78. The Adidas on the tongue was blue. 

My lad was mascot this season. After the match, one of the players handed him his boots, and even signed the soles. My lad was well chuffed, so this has to be my favourite pair, on sentiment alone.

Image result for clown shoes

• Haha 6

11 minutes ago, fitz44 said:

Adidas Profi. Cost me 50 quid back in 1984 which was a lot of money for me then, but they were so comfortable, worth every penny.

Never heard of them mate.

14 minutes ago, fitz44 said:

Adidas Profi. Cost me 50 quid back in 1984 which was a lot of money for me then, but they were so comfortable, worth every penny.

Just googled them. Very nice.